Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PUGs UNITE!!!

V-Serp
02.05.2013 , 05:46 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
If this thread is any indication so far, there are three whole people playing this game that are determined and committed to just PUG it up in PvP. You are not the majority that BW is looking for...move along and make some friends. This is an MMO after all.
I don't think the average person actually reads the forums. Otherwise they'd known teams of stun locking operatives would make them unsub.

MidichIorian
02.05.2013 , 05:58 PM | #22
Few and far apart are the close games so the system needs to match players based on some sort of criterias. The biggest problem is that the system can't calculate player skill and mixing premades with pugs is adding to the problem. In the last couple of months I've only been in one normal warzones where someone broke 800K damage. There would be far more of those games if every game didnt end after five or so minutes. How often do you find yourself in 4-3 huttball games? They're in 99 % heavily one-sided and more often than not because one team got a premade. I don't see how anyone, regardless of being a pug or in a premade, can think that this is a healthy system. And if you do you've never experienced competitive gaming, you're certainly not interested in it atleast.

sirullrich
02.05.2013 , 05:59 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBama View Post
Have you guys ever watched a College Football Senior All-star game? They generally are complete crap because there is 0 timing with the players because they haven't played with each other before. You guys really underestimate the advantage of playing with the same group night after night. Now what would really be entertaining is seeing one of these all-star games with 10 offensive lineman and 1 punter versus a team with the correct make up. There is your pug versus pre-made. And for the record I am part of a PvP guild, but I have the intellectual honesty to admit Pugs versus premades are not fair.
Another one who doesn't understand every match on both teams have pugs and premades. It is whether your team has the good ones. Yes college football allstar games are crap, but on each team there are college football teamates. There is not just 1 player from each team. There are multiple players from one team on the allstar squad. To say that each team has 60 players and not one teamate is just dumb!!!! Nice analogy brother. the Hawaii team had 4 players on the all star squad. Even Hawaii had 4 players. It is the same thing both teams have teamates and non teamates. Therefore the team with the better seniors are going to win. this proves the point that it is not the premades or pugs its who has the better premades and pugs.
RENPA
G-QUIT
SITHSANITY

Briggs_Knightly
02.05.2013 , 06:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
If this thread is any indication so far, there are three whole people playing this game that are determined and committed to just PUG it up in PvP. You are not the majority that BW is looking for...move along and make some friends. This is an MMO after all.

A lot of the people who I used to enjoy playing this game with and against have already quit. Some because of this PVP crap and some because there are simply more enjoyable options out there. Most of the people who prefer PUG don't read these forums. Heck, most of the poeple who play this game don't read these forums.

This is going to happen whether you pre-made guys like it or not. Premades are chasing people away from this game. EA can only attrack new (F2P) fools to play an unbalanced game under unfair circumstances for so long. And most of those will eventually quit as well. Then EA will continue to bleed accounts until there are only those who form premades for PVP and those who only PVE left.

If EA actually acts on our desires... the total subscriptions may actually go up some. Remember that total subscriptions are what EA uses to determine how much money they are willing to spend to update and debug this game.

No one says that you should not be allowed to form groups for PVP. All we want is the option to play our version of PVP. If you can not let people believe and act differently than you do, then what does that say about you???

Deny us this and SWTOR will fail.
/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_
EA/BW: Please FIRE all who worked on PVP for incompetence. Thx.
50-Merc 50-Op 50-VG 40-GunS 50-Jug 50-Shadow 40-Sent 40-Sorc
OK, I have given up on EA/BW! Any suggestions for my next game?

Count_Midnite
02.05.2013 , 06:03 PM | #25
You mean you are going to have a premade of pugs? Great! Not that hard to form a group of like-minded PVP people.
If you want to win, group up and enjoy the luxury of not playing with 14k Recruits. Love your enthusiasm OP!

SlimsPicken
02.05.2013 , 06:16 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Or you could unite now.

By forming your own groups.

And getting into vent.

I'm just saying, why let BW control when you'll finally get to have fun. Take control of your game now.
pretty lame response to be honest.

Its like saying if you dont want to get bullied, dont go to school if you are a small guy, or join a gang and bully the other guys!

... how about neither. Perhaps if the bullies fought each other the little guys wouldnt feel like they need to drop out of school.

Im playing devil's advocate, of course, but to me it seems everyone would be happier if they just separated the queues or improved the matchmaking algorithms once and for all. competition for the premades, and training wheels for the PUG crowd. Seems win-win for everyone.

Im just getting kind of tired of seeing the same lame responses justifying a poor matchmaking system. Joining the bullies in order to not get bullied is not the real answer here.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Lightrider
02.05.2013 , 06:30 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by sirullrich View Post
just quit already!! You are not listening or reading. You do not know if you have a premade on your team or not. You can not use the analogy of premades or pugs because you do not know for sure if you have premades or pugs. Guild tags maybe but what about the people who are not in guilds and group up with friends. That is also a premade so how can you prove that you never have premades. My parents taught me that if i dont like something either i do something about it or just deal with it. So if you are going to quit you might as well.
It sounds like the OP is really just looking for some improvements to the matchmaking system, which seems fair to me - Good PvP'ers want to play against other good PvP'ers, so it would be positive for everyone. I think this goes beyond just premades vs pugs (but that should be 1 of the factors in the queue system).

The only reason I can see being against enhancing the matchmaking system, is that there aren't enough players queueing to limit the criteria, and it would increase wait times. So, I think they really need cross-server queuing before they introduce better matchmaking.

As a side note, I would venture a guess that people complain about this more often that in other games because SWTOR is severely lacking the world pvp outlet (which is a little more forgiving with skill level than warzones,imho).

UGLYMRJ
02.05.2013 , 06:32 PM | #28
My favorite part is when I make a lot of sense and the PUGs ignore it...

cashogy_reborn
02.05.2013 , 06:39 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
pretty lame response to be honest.

Its like saying if you dont want to get bullied, dont go to school if you are a small guy, or join a gang and bully the other guys!

... how about neither. Perhaps if the bullies fought each other the little guys wouldnt feel like they need to drop out of school.

Im playing devil's advocate, of course, but to me it seems everyone would be happier if they just separated the queues or improved the matchmaking algorithms once and for all. competition for the premades, and training wheels for the PUG crowd. Seems win-win for everyone.

Im just getting kind of tired of seeing the same lame responses justifying a poor matchmaking system. Joining the bullies in order to not get bullied is not the real answer here.
actually a more appropriate analogy would be suggesting to the little guy that he learn to fight and stand up for himself so he can kick the bully's a**

and i developed an algorithm for non-ranked matchmaking the other day. its probably on page 3 by now, b/c threads that dont involve nerfs or whining about something get very little attention here.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

sirullrich
02.05.2013 , 06:40 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightrider View Post
It sounds like the OP is really just looking for some improvements to the matchmaking system, which seems fair to me - Good PvP'ers want to play against other good PvP'ers, so it would be positive for everyone. I think this goes beyond just premades vs pugs (but that should be 1 of the factors in the queue system).

The only reason I can see being against enhancing the matchmaking system, is that there aren't enough players queueing to limit the criteria, and it would increase wait times. So, I think they really need cross-server queuing before they introduce better matchmaking.

As a side note, I would venture a guess that people complain about this more often that in other games because SWTOR is severely lacking the world pvp outlet (which is a little more forgiving with skill level than warzones,imho).
You are right! I want to play against good people also, but it never was an issue between pugs and premades. It is a matchmaking issue. separating the queues will not make it better. If there is a separate queue but one team gets 8 mercs and the other team gets 2 healers, 2 tanks, 4 dps is that fair??????? Do they really think by separating the queues you will get better match ups??????
RENPA
G-QUIT
SITHSANITY