Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvP tanking] The bug that kills our role

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[PvP tanking] The bug that kills our role

Moonheart_S
02.05.2013 , 03:42 AM | #11
5 months since I posted this and I didn't see any reactions from the devs.

We're currently to a point were most of players in PvP servers says that defensives stats in PvP are sub-optimal and that every tank should use a dps stuff.

Some love on defensive stats would help, and I do not think that fix this problem would unbalance the game. Healers get focused by armor-penetrating dps that can crush them in 4 GCD and the guard skill actually don't change that enough for high level teams to care to take one tank in your main attack force to guard them.

GHoppa
02.05.2013 , 05:04 AM | #12
Why did you nerco this old thread?

Please go and read my post below stated PvP Guard Damage Mitagation. It was made 1 month or so ago, and several players conducted independant tests.

Guard damage applied to the tank is then mitagated by ALL TANK STATS and armor, including defense, shield and absorb.

Also, there are quite a few teams running around in RWZ with a fully defensive geared tank for warzones, and just about every good tank i know switches to 'Tank' gear for defense in voidstar and ball running in hutball.

Moonheart_S
02.05.2013 , 05:17 AM | #13
I've not have been reading every post on every forum!
I'm raising the topic again because it has been talked about in about subforum.

I'll read your tests.
It feels weird however you suddently have different results than ones that many players found a few months ago when there is not line of update in patch notes since than that relates to this point.

GHoppa
02.05.2013 , 12:33 PM | #14
Well, reading through this thread, i doubt anyone who said they tested it in here did it properly.

Moonheart_S
02.06.2013 , 04:08 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by GHoppa View Post
Well, reading through this thread, i doubt anyone who said they tested it in here did it properly.
The thread was raised after a full thread about tests revolving around the guard wrote on the Jedi Shadow forum.
The thread was something 20 pages long, but is now more than 5 months old, so it is going to be hard to find back.