Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTM Biased against little guys???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
GTM Biased against little guys???

Gumbeau
02.04.2013 , 05:25 PM | #21
Ok, I made the changes to the serch suguested by Ridickillis, with my level 37 Sage. No results, I mean absolutely no results. I let the game sit for 0ver 10 minutes, while I made a phone call. Absolutely no results. I use the same serch arguments with my level 50 Jedi Knight and my lvl 50 Bounty Hunty. No problem. I found over 40 pages of items. I simply give up. Same account, same server, minutes apart, all light side II or better. I am just stuck.

Khevar
02.04.2013 , 07:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Gumbeau View Post
Ok, I made the changes to the serch suguested by Ridickillis, with my level 37 Sage. No results, I mean absolutely no results. I let the game sit for 0ver 10 minutes, while I made a phone call. Absolutely no results. I use the same serch arguments with my level 50 Jedi Knight and my lvl 50 Bounty Hunty. No problem. I found over 40 pages of items. I simply give up. Same account, same server, minutes apart, all light side II or better. I am just stuck.
Would you be able to take a screenshot of the gtn settings that return no results? And if not, could you list out (in a new unit of time) the exact choices you picked?

Gumbeau
02.05.2013 , 10:57 AM | #23
These are the actual choices I made for my trial search.
Category: Item Modification
Subcategory: mod
Slot: blank
Rarity:any
Usable by: me
Stats: willpower
Required level 1 <> 40
cost range 1 <> 10000000000

I have since changed the required level to read 30 <> 40. Nothing else changed. As an experiment I used my Jedi Knight (lvl 50) and used the same options. I got 11pages of results. I did this just 2 minutes ago. I just logged on with my Sage (level 38) ran the exact same search. Still no results.

-Sirus-
02.05.2013 , 11:14 AM | #24
Because I just love repeating myself ... try it without the "usable by" field.

ZeroPlus
02.05.2013 , 11:20 AM | #25
As has been mentioned, don't use the "Usable by" selection.

In my experience it only works on my level 50 toons. All others get no results if the "Usable by" selection is used. (Actually if you look at your posts, you will see that you have noticed the same: on your 50s you get results but not on the others.)

For those wondering why you would use the "ME" option in that search: it filters out the items that are faction and class specific (so, for example, a Sentinel won't see stuff that is Sith Warrior/Imperial Agent/Smuggler specific).
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Ridickilis
02.05.2013 , 11:30 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by -Sirus- View Post
Because I just love repeating myself ... try it without the "usable by" field.
Yes, this, again.

As as a side note, I still think it's best to put a minimum "rarity" value instead of using any.

Gumbeau
02.05.2013 , 12:22 PM | #27
If I leave the Useable by field at "any" the search button does NOT light up, so I cannot launch the search. If I am the only having this problem, it is not worth the effort being put into it by everyone. My "little guys" are rapidly approaching level 50, and I can always shop for them with an existing level 50 character and "ship" the goods. it's a bit awkard, but not insurmountable. If anyone comes up with any ideas, please post, but let's not get too wrapped around the axle on this. Thanke everybody

-Sirus-
02.05.2013 , 12:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by -Sirus- View Post
For reason's beyond me, setting the quality to premium is enough in most cases to make the button clickable even though every craftable item in the game is premium or better.
Yay for resorting to quoting myself! Since, I'm done reposting the same 2 things over and over again. Just use the settings below. I'm at work and don't remember the exact field names off the top of my head, but you'll figure it out.

If you're searching for a mod, use the following settings

1) mod
2) mod subtype
3) quality (set to premium to return all listings)
4) level requirement
5) (optional) stat

If you're searching for a whole piece, use the following settings

1) armor
2) light/medium/heavy
3) slot
4) quality (set to premium to return all listings)
5) level requirement
6) (optional) stat

If you're searching for crafting materials, use the following settings

1) materials
2) crafting skill that gathers desired material
3) quality

Ridickilis
02.05.2013 , 12:32 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Gumbeau View Post
If I leave the Useable by field at "any" the search button does NOT light up, so I cannot launch the search. If I am the only having this problem, it is not worth the effort being put into it by everyone. My "little guys" are rapidly approaching level 50, and I can always shop for them with an existing level 50 character and "ship" the goods. it's a bit awkard, but not insurmountable. If anyone comes up with any ideas, please post, but let's not get too wrapped around the axle on this. Thanke everybody
Well that's why I believe you may need to add a rarity type when not selecting "usable by", that's the only thing I can think of. If you could post a screenie of this doing it that way, it may be helpful as one of us may recognize something is amiss.

Item modifications
Item type: mod
Rarity: prototype
Level: 37-41

That's the bare minimum you need, or I should say doing it this way never fails me. I never touch any of the other fields.

Glad to hear you have a work around though, it's just you shouldn't have to go though all that hassle just to browse the GTN.

MoonUnitLatina
03.28.2013 , 10:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
Well that's why I believe you may need to add a rarity type when not selecting "usable by", that's the only thing I can think of. If you could post a screenie of this doing it that way, it may be helpful as one of us may recognize something is amiss.
THIS. If this doesn't work then you are making some fundamental mistake that hasn't even occurred to you.