Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

your mats/ no fee?

Przemo_No
02.05.2013 , 04:35 AM | #1
Hey,
maybe noob question, but what actually happens when someone screams out long in general chat "advanced something hilt/barrel/mod 27, no fee, your mats.."

Then am I supposed to send him those mats and he will craft the item for me at no fee and send back to me?

I hardly believe in that, what would be the purpose of it?
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

DataBeaver
02.05.2013 , 04:39 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
Then am I supposed to send him those mats and he will craft the item for me at no fee and send back to me?
Often they'll already have the item in stock so you'll give the mats and receive the item in a single transaction. But essentially yes.

They're hoping to get a crit, which results in two items and allows them to sell the other on the GTN. I don't remember the exact crit chance, but I think it's around 15-20%. If you're selling the items for 2 million, this translates to 300k-400k profit per crafted item on average.

Przemo_No
02.05.2013 , 05:07 AM | #3
aahh, ok,
Well, some kind of unusual generosity, but let's see.. i have actually never tried something like that, being obviously cautious for possible cheats..

I will see.

Thanks anyway!

DataBeaver
02.05.2013 , 05:11 AM | #4
i have actually never tried something like that, being obviously cautious for possible cheats..
If you're afraid of the crafter making off with your mats, look for one who has the item pre-crafted. Then you can use the secure trade feature and receive the item at the same time you give the mats, with no possibility of cheating.

Przemo_No
02.05.2013 , 05:36 AM | #5
sure, will do so!

wainot-keel
02.05.2013 , 06:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
Often they'll already have the item in stock so you'll give the mats and receive the item in a single transaction. But essentially yes.

They're hoping to get a crit, which results in two items and allows them to sell the other on the GTN. I don't remember the exact crit chance, but I think it's around 15-20%. If you're selling the items for 2 million, this translates to 300k-400k profit per crafted item on average.
If we're talking about Cybertech, it's a bit more than that. Those crafts have a 10% base crit chance, plus 5% from 10k affection from companion, plus 5% from the legacy droid part, plus the legacy perk for another 3%. So for armorings and mods is 23%

Avalanchehawk
02.05.2013 , 06:52 AM | #7
Hey,
maybe noob question, but what actually happens when someone screams out long in general chat "advanced something hilt/barrel/mod 27, no fee, your mats.."

You don't send the mats to them, you find them on the fleet/planet and trade the item for the materials. I've heard of people saying they lost their mats and didn't get the item when they mailed it to the person that was crafting. So always make sure the person has the item on hand before trading.

Darevsool
02.05.2013 , 07:33 AM | #8
As previously mentioned, when it crits, it's PURE profit. If you are able to make the first one, and then trade it for more mats, all you make after that don't cost you anything and any and all crits from then on are just free credits. It's not a bad gig if you can get the RE'd schematics in the first place.

I've also seen people spamming the same deal for earpieces and implants, though less frequently. THAT one I don't understand as crits on those = augment slots, not extra units to sell.

POPsi
02.05.2013 , 08:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Avalanchehawk View Post
You don't send the mats to them, you find them on the fleet/planet and trade the item for the materials. I've heard of people saying they lost their mats and didn't get the item when they mailed it to the person that was crafting. So always make sure the person has the item on hand before trading.
or just actually look up who is a trustworthy trader and then you don't have to bother with f2f trading. Believe it or not, most people out there spamming what they craft will not screw you over and most likely ruin their business forever just to keep your mats worth a million credits.

parmie
02.05.2013 , 08:14 AM | #10
Yes, I've not come across an untrustworthy crafter yet on my server. It would be very difficult to make any sensible gain if you tried to cheat people out of mats as they would surely spam their name all over general for doing so.