Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is what we're being charged for

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
This is what we're being charged for
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Getphazed
02.05.2013 , 01:51 AM | #11
See the specs, but no OS info, that could have something to do with it. I hardly ever have any issues and my hardware is a bit older, though quality and functionality is much better. Try and update video drivers to beta drivers, depending on OS it helps.

OwenBrooks
02.05.2013 , 01:57 AM | #12
I can confirm alt-tabbing out of the game over a 100 times to read the forums and the game still doesn't crash on me, wish I could say the same for internet explorer after making x number of tabs, have to close it and re-open for it to respond properly again.

Spoiler

Kegparty
02.05.2013 , 05:47 AM | #13
I am not a pro at dxlogs but it looks like your graphics card driver needs updating. I believe nvidia put a new one out Sat Jan 05, 2013

Looks like the one you are using is 4 months old. Not saying this will fix it but its always worth the effort of updating every driver.... and I mean every driver not just one and then come back and say it still does not work. I would do the bios last if you even have an update. (never do your bios unless its a last resort)

Make sure you pick the 64bit drivers to match your os

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

StargazerV
02.05.2013 , 08:54 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by StargazerV View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings StargazerV,

I am sorry to hear that you have run into issues with the game.

Could you please list the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far to resolve these issues, so I would know where to go from here?

Also could you please post your full DxDiag?

Thank you!
Well, no troubleshooting done. As you can see in the video, I just finished the conversation as it is and moved on. I will post my DxDiag tomorrow as it's late already (writing this from my phone).
DxDiag:
Spoiler

StargazerV
02.05.2013 , 09:16 AM | #15
Now about NVIDIA graphics driver - guys, before you suggest installing new driver and especially betas, please take a look at release notes of it! Most of the new drivers add support to new cards and do very specific things. If those fixes/updates mentioned in the newer driver and especially beta doesn't concern your specific graphics card and shouldn't fix the problem you're having, there's no need to updated to newer driver, ESPECIALLY BETA! It is better to stay with stable releases and not always newer driver gives better quality! So please, stop suggesting things you do not fully understand!

And for all those fan boys with all that "No one is forcing you..." and "The game is great and the quality is crazy..." - so why are you at the support section of the forum? Are you trying to support me or the others with those great word of wisdom? Or you're actually thinking this will solve some kind of problem.... or my guess would be, you're here for the support for something that doesn't work for you, but you doesn't get the whole picture of quality here.
Please, if you think everything is fine and the world is perfect, go playing and don't wast YOUR time on the support forum or guys like me. Have fun and I'm happy for you!

Now about paying - I payed for collectors edition about a year ago... yeah, no one forced, but it was on sale and I bought a product I was interested for. The fact that it turned to be FTP doesn't mean I didn't pay for my collectors edition and I don't want the game I'm getting for free. I don't want grinding all day long in order to bug some unlock and the other choice is.... PAYING, either for cartel coins or for the subscription. So bottom line, if I want the game I bought I have to continue paying. AND I AM FINE WITH IT! I just want the developers and the testing team (if there is any) to do a better job and give us ALL better quality. I'm not looking for perfect, I'm looking for better!

Dassvidanja
02.05.2013 , 07:24 PM | #16
I shall instead offer some support.

Your driver is out of date and the latest full driver (non-beta) is available directly from Nviidia as per:

Version:

310.90 WHQL
Release Date:

Operating System:

Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit
Language:

English (U.S.)
File Size:

169 MB
http://http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.90-whql-driver.html

Hope this helps btw!

Edited for afterthought: I always keep my drivers up to date as a matter of habit. Additionally, I don't think I have ever seen release notes for Nvidia mention SW:TOR.

Kegparty
02.06.2013 , 07:14 AM | #17
You can always roll back your driver if the update does not fix anything. None of the drivers mention swtor so looking is kinda pointless.