Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

crashes to desktop as subscriber need ETA on fix

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
crashes to desktop as subscriber need ETA on fix
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

angelserra
02.03.2013 , 12:38 AM | #1
SWTOR has quit responding -crash to desktop

I have updated drivers of both windows and directX and video card
As as subscriber just want to see if there is ETA on a fix. i understand there is alot of variety in systems but a current update is requested nicely as to paying to crash everyday and often is frustrating.
dxdiag
Spoiler

event viewer
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

OwenBrooks
02.03.2013 , 12:42 AM | #2
Presuming this is 32Bit Vista and crashing every one to two hours

1.Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
2.At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 2500"
3.Restart the computer.

To delete the value if needed
1.Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
2.At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa"
3.Restart the computer.

angelserra
02.03.2013 , 07:15 PM | #3
I have 64 bit vista will it still work and what user value is it changing.. ?

OwenBrooks
02.03.2013 , 07:34 PM | #4
No this will not work on 64 bit vista, your crashing will be due to a different reason.

What that is I am not sure, soundmax was not very friendly I believe in vista 64bit and at one stage no drivers worked correctly by memory and was only meant to provide basic sound, is there any newer ones now other then 2008 ?

Could try disabling sound to see if this is the cause ?

Cyberberus
02.03.2013 , 08:02 PM | #5
This has been going on since 1.4 so if you are looking for an ETA other than "upcoming patch" or "soon" I wouldn't give up anything important like nookie, breathing or beer waiting for it, the ETA that is .. actual fix may not ever happen unless they can charge for it in the cartel store.

angelserra
02.03.2013 , 11:22 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
No this will not work on 64 bit vista, your crashing will be due to a different reason.

What that is I am not sure, soundmax was not very friendly I believe in vista 64bit and at one stage no drivers worked correctly by memory and was only meant to provide basic sound, is there any newer ones now other then 2008 ?

Culd try disabling sound to see if this is the cause ?
thanks for your help

i hate the soundmax and i cannot get it to work right for the soundblaster aspect of it from the mobo when i bought it due to losing the register key.

hmm ok i had no problem before the latest patch. So something is up with their changes. ill try the sound fix
i have had a weird bug in huttball with the announcer voices dropping out for good.

OwenBrooks
02.04.2013 , 01:44 AM | #7
Have a look at this page

http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...mula&p=1&os=17

There is quite a few bios updates for memory compatibility, and there is also newer sound drivers there for you as well.

Cerimon
02.04.2013 , 08:53 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi angelserra,

Please run the setup file from www.swtor.com/download then log into the launcher and before pressing play click on the cog icon and choose repair. Please run the repair utility multiple times until there is no indication of files being repaired.

It may also be beneficial to run the System File Checker from Microsoft as this can find problems with your system files and repair them: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Do post again if the issue remains after completion of these steps and the advice of OwenBrooks.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

angelserra
02.04.2013 , 10:51 PM | #9
ok ill see if any of this works

angelserra
02.05.2013 , 09:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Hi angelserra,

Please run the setup file from www.swtor.com/download then log into the launcher and before pressing play click on the cog icon and choose repair. Please run the repair utility multiple times until there is no indication of files being repaired.

It may also be beneficial to run the System File Checker from Microsoft as this can find problems with your system files and repair them: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Do post again if the issue remains after completion of these steps and the advice of OwenBrooks.
i updated mobo , soundcard , graphics card , sata drivers , ethernet drivers
i ran the swtor download cog to repair is not light up at all so cannot repair swtor
i ran the system file checker it found some corrupted and it fixed those
Yet, after doing everything i still got kicked from the game ( 4 times before doing this tonight and 1 time after doing the above)
SWTOR has stopped responding