Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thinking of joining a pvp server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Thinking of joining a pvp server

Soapland
08.04.2012 , 05:51 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Fozziwig View Post
It is faction vs faction only. You can duel people on your side, but that's it. For a month or two after launch there was a place on Tatooine called Outlaws Den where it was you or your party vs. everyone, but that was taken down quick and BioWare has been conspicuously silent about it ever since.
Lol what? It was NEVER taken down. Bioware has been conspicuously silent about it, cos it never changed.

Lorcen
08.04.2012 , 12:50 PM | #12
Ilum was taken down, not the Den, although its usually dead on most servers

Eavandar
08.05.2012 , 01:44 AM | #13
Why people would play on anything BUT PvP servers is a mystery to me, are they so fragile about being ganked by the enemy or whats up?

To the OP, sure starting a new Legacy might be a pain the butt, yet its the right thing to do
Formerly known as
Colonel Yke of LRDP (Europe Chimaera) SWG
Eavandar/Kaylin (Korga'll/The Maelstrom) WoW-Europe
Currently called Nahveen/Zapbrannigan/Mitchum/F'lake on the Tomb of Freedon Nadd server

Elyx
08.05.2012 , 08:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Eavandar View Post
Why people would play on anything BUT PvP servers is a mystery to me, are they so fragile about being ganked by the enemy or whats up?

To the OP, sure starting a new Legacy might be a pain the butt, yet its the right thing to do
to me getting ganked is like finding a fly on your head. it's really nothing at all, but you want to squish it out of sheer irritation. Nothing fragile about it...just not a fan of flies on my head.

OP...PvP and PvP servers are different.

PvP = Player vs. Player
PvP server = gankfest

Swtor isn't as bad as many other games, but a PvP server is nowhere near the same thing as regular PvP. the first time you get harried and camped at your rez point you will understand. but if you are willing to deal with that to eventually be the predator yourself and revel in the sociopathic mentality that is ganks-r-us, then enjoy!

I do jest slightly....SWtOR really isn't that bad. but in all honesty, in my MMO experience, i tend to find PvP on a normal server just as good as PvP on a PvP server. and on a PvE server your ganked less. simple as that.
"I just hit 50 and finished my class storyline, but I still haven't been able to decide which AC to choose. Leveling solo as a warrior wasn't difficult, so I kept putting off the decision.
Anyone else having the same problem? "~ lagerhat - And who says warriors are broke?

MadShepard
02.04.2013 , 01:01 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Fozziwig View Post
It is faction vs faction only. You can duel people on your side, but that's it. For a month or two after launch there was a place on Tatooine called Outlaws Den where it was you or your party vs. everyone, but that was taken down quick and BioWare has been conspicuously silent about it ever since.
thats not true it's still there it's still active I don't know why you'd say that ut yeah it's still same as ever

MadShepard
02.04.2013 , 01:01 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Lorcen View Post
Ilum was taken down, not the Den, although its usually dead on most servers
ilums active too

psandak
02.04.2013 , 05:37 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Eavandar View Post
You feel that PvP is fun, and that is 1000% perfectly fine, but not everyone feels the way you do; nor should they have to. I can list a myriad of reasons why all players do not join PvP servers, but they fall into two basic categories:

1) they dislike PvP altogether
2) they are choosy as to how, what, where, when, and why they decide to engage in PvP

In either case, it is not about being fragile about being ganked, it's that PvP is not fun and playing a game should be fun.

Hopefully this answers your question.

Joesixxpack
02.04.2013 , 09:09 PM | #18
Sounds like you know what a PVP server would be like already OP. I've played on 1 PVE and 2 PVP servers, and prefer PVP. You'll get ganked periodically but once you learn where that typically is common you can plan accordingly. I'm on my 10th toon and haven't had problems leveling, getting datacrons, etc. worth mentioning.

Players pass each other by more often than not. Gankers are usually 50s lurking in certain areas on Hoth and Tatooine, or weekend prime time when the wee kiddies play you might find a gank squad on those planets.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

phesche
04.13.2013 , 11:43 AM | #19
Thanks for the people who commented on this I am going to make a sith assassin on a pvp server now

AnonJoen
04.13.2013 , 12:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cathest View Post
Ikr
The jaws balloon datacron must be a trick to get
Whenever I'm there there are pubs and sith in the balloon
Bet it's frustrating as hell and just think u get to the crawler and a sith guy pulls u off it before u get the datacron...brutal
On the other hand, as a knight/warrior you could wait until a imp/rep player is up there, and try to force leap that player (or another similar ability from another class)

PVP servers have their own advantages, and getting ganked is something you'll learn to live with, but it doesn't happen that much (to me).