Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EC HM guild run - FB & SC problem we can't solve

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
EC HM guild run - FB & SC problem we can't solve

mxlm
02.04.2013 , 04:22 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Slivovidze View Post
Do I understand correctly that the Double Destruction gets casted in periodic intervals, while Defensive Systems are set on bosses percentage?

If DS are set on boss health levels, what are the milestones for it to trigger, and on which boss?
You understand correctly. DD is on a timer, DS is triggered by boss health. The health thresholds are 20%, and can be triggered by either boss.

Furiel
02.04.2013 , 04:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by mxlm View Post
You understand correctly. DD is on a timer, DS is triggered by boss health. The health thresholds are 20%, and can be triggered by either boss.
The DD timer is 15 sec for #1 and 45 sec for #2, so you have essential 44 seconds to do 20% of either bosses health per tank phase.
Furiel Plush
Cardinal and Raid Coordinator of The Church of Alvis

steave
02.04.2013 , 05:45 PM | #13
Do I understand correctly that the Double Destruction gets casted in periodic intervals, while Defensive Systems are set on bosses percentage?

Because I had a little argument with other guy during today's raid and he said that he has done that encounter many times on empire side and that the DD is random. Couldn't argue with that, all my experiences of this encounter come from several wipefests.

If DS are set on boss health levels, what are the milestones for it to trigger, and on which boss?
Yes, you got it right.

Like someone said, this is caused by triggering the DS (by pushing a tank below 80/60 etc %) at the same time as the second DD is cast - the suggestions to fix it by having the SC tank taunt are not viable though due to the simple fact that SC is immune to taunts while casting DD.
What you need to do (if you can't increase your DPS, which would ofc be the best solution - make sure everyone is augmented and have their mods optimized rather than just taking whatever you get by default in the shells) is to have the SC tank drop down on the ground while moving behind the DPS for the second DD - he will still turn the tank so the DD ends up on the DPS, but when the lightning dome drops (which lands on the tank, not the DPS - it just seem to be on the DPS since they're in the same place at that time) it will be down on the ground with the tank instead.

Somanliuus
02.04.2013 , 05:54 PM | #14
If you get a second dd the tank on stormcaller needs to hop off the tank and place the lightning dome on the ground and jump back up with a possible area taunt.

Slivovidze
02.04.2013 , 06:35 PM | #15
Cool, thanks guys. You gave me a reason why is the problem occuring and how to prevent it or deal with it. I owe you.

Allow me one more question... I guess the enrage timer is too tight for us to actually slow down instead and squeeze 2 DD's into one DS phase?

steave
02.04.2013 , 06:48 PM | #16
Cool, thanks guys. You gave me a reason why is the problem occuring and how to prevent it or deal with it. I owe you.

Allow me one more question... I guess the enrage timer is too tight for us to actually slow down instead and squeeze 2 DD's into one DS phase?
Yeah. There's a significant chance you'll hit enrage anyway unless you can speed up your DPS.

One more thing actually, do you have marauders in your group? If so, make sure all your DPS are in the same group (so either left or right side of the frame) so all your DPS get the bloodthirsts.

Slivovidze
02.04.2013 , 06:56 PM | #17
We have Sentinels, I take it that Bloodthirst is an Inspiration? (sorry don't have endgame Imperial)
That's new thing to me, thought that it applies to whole operation group. Anyways, noted, thanks for pointing it out.

Tbh we aren't really aiming to actually kill them right now. We want to learn the fight, survive the phases and after that we will aim for elimination of enrage. Because we can't rightfully blame our DPS guys for the failure before we live long enough to see the enrage timer - they always managed to squeeze themselves out to kill another fearful boss, I am sure they will manage this time, too. They are the best.

schnopsnosn
02.04.2013 , 07:00 PM | #18
We have Sentinels, I take it that Bloodthirst is an Inspiration? (sorry don't have endgame Imperial)
That's new thing to me, thought that it applies to whole operation group. Anyways, noted, thanks for pointing it out.

Tbh we aren't really reaching to actually kill them right now. We want to learn the fight, survive the phases and after that we will aim for elimination of enrage. Because we can't rightfully blame our DPS guys for the failure before we live long enough to see the enrage timer - they always managed to squeeze themselves out to kill another fearful boss, I am sure they will manage this time, too. They are the best.
You're correct with your assumption.
Also a little hint:
Let the FB-healer drop the circle, left side is a lot less healing-intensive.