Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Once you marry your companion that's it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Once you marry your companion that's it?

Crezelle
03.13.2012 , 04:24 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
Rumor is you have to get rid of (permanetly dismiss) a current companion in order to add a new one.
i already know who i'd dump on my agent lol
the only "normal" one XD
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Lyllianna
04.12.2012 , 06:36 AM | #162
I would love to see more interaction with the LI. and yes I also would like to see the canned response change once you get married. There also needs to be a way for the Agent to get rid of their Voss marriage, even though it doesn't seem to bother vector. =)

MistressKiki
04.12.2012 , 06:51 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Griimm View Post
What level do you get to marry vette? cuz ive got 10000/10000 affection and shes stopped talking.
Definitely married then. Give it time and you won't even sleep in the same bunk!

celebnaur
12.29.2012 , 04:46 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by DroolingTiger View Post
Nnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo *devastated* Ok not really hehe but that would suck.
I would like it so people can. I had been talking to my boyfriend about us getting married in-game, but then he f'ed it up by marrying the in game girl character... I was rather bummed, game or not, I was really looking forward to it. these were our dedicated characters for playing with each other. Gaming is sort of the main thing we do together.
I was hoping Bioware would follow up with my suggestion about player to player marriage with some different advances then for the companions . IF they come out with this opinion, player marriage, then don't let people get divorce... well there goes that hope.
When asked him about playing swtors with me, I told him about the story I was mapping out and having it kind of based after our alter egos of us in the Star Wars world.... I'm still really bummed, it ruined the whole story thing I had been talking about for a long time and had going... I had made up my star wars role playing character nearly 20 years ago. So, much for our selves in the Star Wars Universe... stupid idea for me to get excited about anyway....

SithKoriandr
12.29.2012 , 01:35 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by celebnaur View Post
I would like it so people can. I had been talking to my boyfriend about us getting married in-game, but then he f'ed it up by marrying the in game girl character... I was rather bummed, game or not, I was really looking forward to it. these were our dedicated characters for playing with each other. Gaming is sort of the main thing we do together.
I was hoping Bioware would follow up with my suggestion about player to player marriage with some different advances then for the companions . IF they come out with this opinion, player marriage, then don't let people get divorce... well there goes that hope.
When asked him about playing swtors with me, I told him about the story I was mapping out and having it kind of based after our alter egos of us in the Star Wars world.... I'm still really bummed, it ruined the whole story thing I had been talking about for a long time and had going... I had made up my star wars role playing character nearly 20 years ago. So, much for our selves in the Star Wars Universe... stupid idea for me to get excited about anyway....
As an RPer, I'd say, why not seperate your RP with your BF's character and your solo RP with your class storyline/companion quests?

Alec_Fortescue
12.29.2012 , 04:32 PM | #166
That's it. Pray for level 50 story and companion lines reset
Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

DarthRamette
12.30.2012 , 01:26 AM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
very akwardly
Spoiler
That made me crack up laughing, the mental picture was great!

internaty
12.30.2012 , 09:33 AM | #168
Ah crap.
I turn nadia down:P
Yoda:
Attecement leads to jelous, the shadow of greed that is.

Still is there any rpg where being married accauly means something?
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.

kalistea
12.30.2012 , 10:27 AM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by internaty View Post
Still is there any rpg where being married accauly means something?
In Skyrim for instance, you can have your spouse cook you a meal every day and he/she regularly give you money from the shop you both own

That is a shame idd that we don't have anything like that in SWTOR.
I found a workaround on my second SW though : I stopped the romance conversations with Quinn before she married him. That way, everytime she goes to the bridge she can trigger that sweet conversation (the "technical changes" one), ofc I must pay attention to press the escape key before it ends.

Kurdor
02.04.2013 , 06:24 PM | #170
Honestly Mako is extremely annoying to me and heck, I'd pay $1 Real Life currency just to reset the story arch with her so that I can not do the marriage. I only did it because I didn't want to have to level another character to see it. I think a $1's worth of cartel currency is more than fair enough per companion story reset.

Do you hear that Bioware? I will give you MORE MONEY to give me the option just to reset my companion quests and do them over even if it doesn't give any XP the second time through.

I doubt I'm alone in sometimes being caught between wanting to see what happens in the game and wanting to be true to the character personality I've created.