Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Don't add Players to games with less than 2 minutes left

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Don't add Players to games with less than 2 minutes left

Gandrake
02.04.2013 , 09:21 AM | #1
So you guys have the technology to create this awesome game, but, you can't figure out some system that prevents players in Q's to get added to a game where they have ZERO chance to get any comm's, money, or anything. What a waste of time and it's really becoming irritating. This has been going on since you first had a Q for Warzones.

Fix it damn it!

rainbow
02.04.2013 , 09:49 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
So you guys have the technology to create this awesome game, but, you can't figure out some system that prevents players in Q's to get added to a game where they have ZERO chance to get any comm's, money, or anything. What a waste of time and it's really becoming irritating. This has been going on since you first had a Q for Warzones.

Fix it damn it!
Err... jump out, heal something just once for > 2500 = one medal. Jump out, hit something once for > 2500 = one medal. Jump out, taunt someone for 2500 protection = one medal.

I'm not arguing with you that sometimes teams shouldn't be filled up in the last two minutes due to the fact, that you can't change the outcome, but not being able to get any medals is not entirely true. Agreed it just seems stupid that you have more or less jump right into the enemy to get anything out of it, but it is nontheless possible... maybe just not for the last 10 seconds.
Jar'Kai Sword:
Adwaennah - Sith Assassin
Evelynne - Operative
Adwaenyth - Jedi Sentinel

AdrianDmitruk
02.04.2013 , 09:53 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Err... jump out, heal something just once for > 2500 = one medal. Jump out, hit something once for > 2500 = one medal. Jump out, taunt someone for 2500 protection = one medal.

I'm not arguing with you that sometimes teams shouldn't be filled up in the last two minutes due to the fact, that you can't change the outcome, but not being able to get any medals is not entirely true. Agreed it just seems stupid that you have more or less jump right into the enemy to get anything out of it, but it is nontheless possible... maybe just not for the last 10 seconds.
I think he's talking about backfill into warzones where you literally load into the zone only to see the scoreboard pop up before you can even leave the spawn--which has happened to me twice in the last three days.

This is a perfectly legitimate complaint. Why should I have to give up my spot in the queue to have the match end before I can even take one action, and get nothing for it? It's lame.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

Spoletta
02.04.2013 , 10:15 AM | #4
Love when it happens, makes clearing daily much easier.

Marcus_Darkstar
02.04.2013 , 03:31 PM | #5
Got lucky last week and loaded into a WZ in progress. Was still in the starting area waiting for the force field to drop when the game ended. We won. I had zero of everything but finished my daily with that win. Normally it is very frustrating to not even get any Comms but this one time I benefited.

ObiJuanShenobi
02.04.2013 , 03:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

Fix it damn it!
When it comes to completing a daily, I don't really mind
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

DharmaPolice
02.04.2013 , 03:57 PM | #7
I empathise with your general point but I'd say that:

1. Two minutes is more than enough time (usually) to get a medal. Maybe a minute would be a better cut-off.
2. In a lot of warzones, it's not clear how much longer you have left. So it could apply to Huttball or Voidstar where a timer is explicitly counting down but a lot of the time the match ends before then because the sixth goal is scored.
3. If I'm trying to get my daily done, I welcome the "10 second matches".
Derimeth / Splendora / Rosaluxemburg - The Red Eclipse

AdrianDmitruk
02.04.2013 , 04:02 PM | #8
For the cases where non-timer cutoffs are appropriate, I'd implement a 4-goal lead cutoff for huttball. For voidstar, I'd say second round, cargo bay forcefield would be an appropriate cutoff.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

nolocalreality
02.04.2013 , 04:54 PM | #9
Maybe a better solution is to add a medal for joining late, so at least you'd get one. There have been several occasions where I've joined a warzone, and immediately seen the end scoreboard.

SentinelDranoel
02.04.2013 , 06:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
Love when it happens, makes clearing daily much easier.
agreed, definitely agreed. I do feel bad for the players who disconnect at the end of a winning game.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix