Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

0 Critical Rating Shadow/Assassin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
0 Critical Rating Shadow/Assassin

Jayshames
02.04.2013 , 03:38 PM | #1
Ok, just a quick thread to hopefully put my confusion to rest.

So I just seen a Shadow in PvP who was in full WH and seemed to know what he was doing, but he had 76% surge and 0% critical, and I believe he was using the tank tree. Is there a reason for 0% crit? As im currently leveling a shadow of my own.

Thanks

cycao
02.04.2013 , 03:41 PM | #2
its a bug, it is quite impossible to not have any crit.

Jayshames
02.04.2013 , 03:43 PM | #3
I thought that, but either way he had really low crit, because not one of his equipped items had critical rating, all power+surge, so is there a reason for this?

MasterFeign
02.04.2013 , 03:48 PM | #4
Even if he had power and surge, willpower does give a little crit, and the default is something like 21% now I think, if you count the agent buff, and the passive companion buff.

cultivatedmass
02.04.2013 , 03:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
its a bug, it is quite impossible to not have any crit.
just swap out all crit rating mods. would leave you with 25% or something.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
I thought that, but either way he had really low crit, because not one of his equipped items had critical rating, all power+surge, so is there a reason for this?
probably consistent damage with a smaller chance of insane damage instead of lower damage with higher chance of better damage.

Envyyyyyyy
02.04.2013 , 03:57 PM | #6
In the spec he's in you get 2 abilities that auto crit. Plus you have force potency which also crits 2 skills. Also you get a 15% increase in crit to your melee abilities. So you're actually getting a lot of crit from procs/skill tree. This allows you to stack more power making those skills hit much harder.

<3
But don't take my word for it.

Reaaaadingggg rainbowwww
Vital (Shadow) Mondavi (Guardian) Midnight (Sage) Lavado (sorcerer) Enviously (Vanguard) Avaya (Operative) Anderson (Sentinel)
Thats No Moon (Founder / GM)

Cotlu-Hunlon
02.04.2013 , 04:00 PM | #7
The 'Inspect Player' feature is very often bugged, I would not trust that value seeing as if he has *any* willpower then his Crit chance will be >0%

The Nostalgia Thread - Come live in December 2011 with me

Jayshames
02.04.2013 , 04:01 PM | #8
Ah ok, for some reason the whole main attribute giving critical completely left my mind. Suppose it's more for sustained damage, thanks.

tekhiun
02.04.2013 , 04:17 PM | #9
Dont forget that he gets 3 auto crits every 1m25s or something like that
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

SomeJagoff
02.04.2013 , 04:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
a lot of assassins have 0 crit, just power/surge. As others have mentioned, recklessness gives you 2 charges of an auto crit basically. With all willpower augments, then power/surge only, and all the datacrons, you can usually get crit rating to ~25% with 0 actual crit stat.

Also, if you go to askmrrobot and build a toon with specific gear/mods, you can see where all the stats will be at.
Star Wars...