Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The "Other" pay to win

Larry_Dallas
02.04.2013 , 12:58 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by kanare View Post
I'm so glad there are others that feel like us well if bioware does not fix guilds like ours will start , not selling on gtn and only sell to trusted players ....and it negatively affect the gtn ..........
This doesn't make much sense. You're saying that because you don't like the price depreciation caused by schem stealing (which is a fair point), you'll respond by....price gouging your friends at less total profit instead of making more total profit on sales to strangers. Seems like you, your friends and the GTN all lose your way. Cutting off your nose to spite your own face.

Boyana
02.04.2013 , 01:00 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by kanare View Post
Hey there,
I am Kanre I am GM of Friendly Fire who are currently ranked 1 in the world of 16 man.
[...]
I feel people who have not cleared any of the content let alone stepped foot in it , have these resipys that we worked hard to get . I do not feel that buying gear is paying to win you earn your credits you should spend them on what you want, however I do feel that bioware is penalising those who work to get the recipes by letting any tom dick or harry revers them off the gtn witch kills the market bio ware you wander why you need a credit sinks??? it is because people do this and do not raid to spend the credits on repairs, on consumables. Use your brains plz . And fix this

From kanre
Agreed on this one!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Apophis View Post
This I agree with 100 %

My guild has been farming Terror HM for a long time...
[...]
It dont care if people choose to gear up their chars by buying the armoring, mods and enhancements, it how I have geared up several alts, but only people that has "earned" it should be able to craft them.
Also, agree!

Somanliuus
02.04.2013 , 01:30 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post
How I read OP's post was like this
"Everyone can grind materials to get BiS 63 quite fast, but it does not give them necessary skills for EC NiM."

I also picked a subtle hint about him wanting people to progress operations to actually learn how to play.

Once again: skill > gear.
THAKY YOU!!! Thats what I was getting at.

DarthFamine
02.04.2013 , 06:21 AM | #34
I am glad they can all be crafted.

Our main healer left the game entirely so we had to get another and get him geared.
I was able to level my sage and get him geared in fairly short order due to this.
I was not cheap, and the entire team had to pitch in but it was doable.

Had they not been craftable I'd have spent forever farming the same content over and over again due to the terrible itemization in the gear sets.

Not Fun.

Thow in the fact that I wanted to use the battlemaster gear for my sage due to the set bonus and I had to get crafted stuff for it. Else i'd lose the set bonus.

So

suck it up guys, just because someone can craft the gear doesn't diminish your accomplishment one bit.
Hell in my view it's a sterling tribute to your abilities.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

BogyOne
02.04.2013 , 07:24 AM | #35
Well, what bugs me is that people forget that they raid with no more with 7 to 15 team mates at the time and instead of worrying of:
1) improving yourself
2) helping teammates to get better
they worry the crap out of themselves so that XYZ thousands of other players they never meet have it worse.

What also bugs me is that it has been clearly said by BW that it is not a bug or exploit so "no crime without law" but there are still people trying to pin crafters for masses tags of cheaters and exploiters.

The word is not bug, it is not exploit, the proper word is generic business.

What is very funny is the hypocrisy of people complaining about it because:
1) there would never been any problem with generic business if elitist could suck up their greed and kept rigor of using the gear for the internal use only instead trying to make millions on others in the first place
2) people complaining did magically complete very quickly their BiS gears without e.g. weeks of killing EC NiM bosses to get one token with BiS mod in game (belt?).

So, when I get BiS slot with generic = good, when others can got it too = bad. Classic.

Thanks for cheer.

Lanja
02.04.2013 , 01:35 PM | #36
Crafters need something to make with all those extra components; players need something to spend all those credits on; and with 14 slots to fill (not to mention the components and augments for each) there's always something in our gear that could do with a little bit of tweaking. It's all good.

Nigredo
02.04.2013 , 02:12 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Somanliuus View Post
I've been playing swtor for the last year. Ive completed all content with the exception on NiM EC (on kephiss). 4 BiS 61 toons, 1BiS 63 toon. What gripes me (but seemingly noone else) is people paying to win. An no, Im not talking about the Cartel Market. Im talking about people crafting 63 armorings/mods/enhancements. My old guild had 4-5 regular raiders that bought, with credits, a full set of dread gear. I was against this for the simple fact- not once did we set foot in TfB HM at that time. So going in on our first run most people had BiS 63 gear. I have nothing against people who down this raid crafting the gear because they earned it. But a bunch of people who have a hard time downing EC hard in dread gear should not be buying it, they should work for it. Or am I horribly wrong?

well it's your opinion, and we all know about opinions...don't we...
Llofnod dileu o ganlyniad i cymedrolwyr facist

JacksonMo
02.04.2013 , 04:10 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
This doesn't make much sense. You're saying that because you don't like the price depreciation caused by schem stealing (which is a fair point), you'll respond by....price gouging your friends at less total profit instead of making more total profit on sales to strangers. Seems like you, your friends and the GTN all lose your way. Cutting off your nose to spite your own face.
"Schem stealing"?
So you think that it's "fair" to design the game in a way that allows someone to RE a schematic, but no one else can until they've gone through the same op week after week after week with no success, giving you a monopoly strangle-hold on the market for months?

Granted, that's pretty much exactly how copyright laws and patents work. But this isn't a court of law or a session of Congress. It's a game. And as such, a monopoly strangle-hold would be severely game-unbalancing.
One or two people who rake in hundreds of millions of credits in profits simply by the luck of a mouse click, only to get bored and quit the game doesn't sound like much fun.

kanare
02.04.2013 , 04:55 PM | #39
but people who never set foot in the instant have half the res ....... how is that fair ....

steave
02.04.2013 , 05:33 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
"Schem stealing"?
So you think that it's "fair" to design the game in a way that allows someone to RE a schematic, but no one else can until they've gone through the same op week after week after week with no success, giving you a monopoly strangle-hold on the market for months?
Yes...The first person getting the schem has to go trough exactly that. S/he should be rewarded by being able profit greatly from it until someone else manage to do the same.