Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do people say lowbie PvP is good?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do people say lowbie PvP is good?

JackNader
02.04.2013 , 06:39 AM | #41
Oh they are on the harbinger too where I play but as I posted earlier.. you have to be mid 40's to smash properly on a marauder, early 40's for a jug and mid to lat 40's to run a proper bubblestun hybrid so they are not much of an issue.

Chlomamf
02.04.2013 , 06:45 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Made me laugh, I've been there too so you have my sympathies. PvP is a lot of fun (in my opinion), and you can earn a reputation based on your (in)competence.

I've just finished levelling up a concealment op on another server (fancied seeing the class story, and whether pvp was really any different depending on server).

People who know what they're doing make a big difference in lowbie. Anecdote. One AH, our team were getting spanked, the only way we could win was to double cap. Me and an assassin line up in respawn facing their pylon and stealth up, so we both know what we're intending. Then a sorc spawns and comes up too.

All three of us head over to the Rep pylon. The assassin goes wide behind it, I stand off near. The sorc blasts in and soon has four/five defenders wailing away on him. He lasts a fair time but eventually dies. The assassin and I wait and all but one defender heads back to mid.

Ops chat "WHY ARE YOU JUST STANDING THERE IN STEALTH AND WATCHING ME DIE!!!"

Literally a second later the cap turns, as the assassin had the lone commando cc'd up while I capped it. Round ends 5 seconds later and we win.

I felt a bit bad for the sorc, as he at least realised we needed the pylon - but he hadn't enough experience to know the assassin and I were waiting for the chance to ninja from stealth, and that all his brave fighting risked messing it up for us by keeping a pile of defenders focused on the pylon.

Despite spending half the last round stealthed spectators, the assassin and I both did just under 150k damage, and no-one else on our team was much over 80k.

The moral of this story is: Lowbie PvP is for fun and to learn how to play, but it's not up to the standard of 50s even with its many errors.
________

Postscript: don't know whether it's sub50 or server thing, but I saw a lot more whining about hacking on this other server (Shadowlands) in sub50. I didn't see hacking -whcih doesn't make it impossible - but if it was there I didn't see it. I've had EWL since mid-Nov, so I've done a lot of PvP to know when something's screwy. Some lag, but lag happens. I did occasionally see premades from some guild called WOOK beating people, and there seems to be a mythology of them being terrible hackers (though I'm pleased to say our pugs beat them a couple of times too).

TBH, I think the actual whining about imagined cheating was the most damaging thing, as it distracted from playing to win in a match, and more generally means that people don't examine their own play to see how they can improve. In their heads, their own actions weren't the reason for a loss, so why change?

Ironically, claiming "this guild cheat" only helps that guild even when they don't - people give up instead of working out how to beat them.

Ah well, 50 PvP with a recruit-geared concealment op next. Yes, I've saved some comms.
When my Sin was in lowbie PvP I would also sometimes get yelled at for not helping a teammate whom was fighting 3 enemies. I'm like 'seriously? You want me to die also? Great idea'. Infact my siggy is based on those people.

Killtastrophe
02.04.2013 , 01:55 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
Mhm, I seen a sin tank earleir with 17k hp in pre50 (was level 49)

Makes me wonder what kind of damage I could do as level 49, fully purple modded/augmented as smash monkey.
One of my buddies was hitting very high in fully purp but not augmented gear. We were both 49 smashmonkies last week and he hit me for 4747 in a Alderaan match.

I was hitting low levels for around 5k, he was hitting around 5.7k.

anwg
02.04.2013 , 01:58 PM | #44
It's not, except to those that can't hack it in the real thing think it's better because they can own some guy in greens that are 20 levels out of date.