Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skill Mission Turnover

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crew Skill Mission Turnover

Nephai
02.02.2013 , 03:17 PM | #1
So for a given tier of crew skill missions, there are up to 5 missions.

They're obviously pulled from a random pool of more than 5 possible missions for the skill and the level tier.
I know that they get replaced after another one is completed. One from the pool is randomly pulled to replace it.

Do they also get automatically re-pulled after a certain amount of time?

I used to not care, because I was happy to send companions off on random missions for stuff I didn't need because I might need it in the future or just for the crew skill exp.

Now, however, I'm maxed 400/400/400 and I just want to get specific mats I need. If there's only one Underworld Metal mission, and I need a particular underworld metal, do I need to send companions out for gifts/fabrics I don't need to refresh the list at a chance at more underworld metal missions, or can I wait and the list will turn over on it's own?
A revolution can be neither made nor stopped. The only thing that can be done is for one of several of its children to give it a direction by dint of victories.

Edahsetin
02.02.2013 , 04:03 PM | #2
The list is reset generally under two conditions. The first is when a companion is finished with a crew skill and comes back. The second is when you zone from one new area to another.

Lots of times I'll send out a crew member on a skill before I get on my ship, and then check the list after I get on to see if I can send them on another select mission, and do it a third time when I get where I'm going. Sometimes there are a limited amount of missions you can send your crew out on... like you couldn't send all five out to get grade 6 underworld trading metals because there aren't that many different metal missions available.

Interested in learning the best Crew Skill for your class? Or maybe the top Cartel Market Purchases? Maybe your looking for a Gift Guide with quick glance summary. Find all of my SWTOR Articles in my Star Wars The Old Republic Master Guide

Nephai
02.02.2013 , 04:04 PM | #3
Oh awesome that's even better than the timed shuffle I assumed it had. Thanks!
A revolution can be neither made nor stopped. The only thing that can be done is for one of several of its children to give it a direction by dint of victories.

nattodaisuki
02.03.2013 , 05:28 AM | #4
you can reset your mission list by re-logging in your starship, which is the fastest.

Each Grade in Underworld Trading has at least 2 Metal, 2 Cloth missions.
However, this is different if the character is a Imperial or a Republic because some of the missions are different.

On my Imperial UWT character, Metal missions are..
Grade 1 (Terenthium) - Moderate and Abundant
Grade 2 (Mullinine) - Moderate, Abundant and Rich
Grade 3 (Xonolite) - Moderate, Abundant and Bountiful
Grade 4 (Titanium) - Moderate, Abundant, Bountiful and Rich
Grade 5 (Quadranium) - Moderate, Abundant, Bountiful and Rich
Grade 6 (Ciridium) - 2 Moderates, 1 Abundant.

Grade 1 thru 3 are a pain in the you know what, to get all the Metals (unless you're lucky) and I've re-logged close to 20 times getting all the metal missions on 2 or more companions
My slightly over-spec Rig, built specifically for Swtor: Core i7 3820 OC'ed @4.6GHz / MSI X79A-GD65 Mobo / Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz 8GB x8 / Four 120GB 6Gb/s SSD in RAID0 / nVidia GTX Titan / Enermax Platimax 1200 watt PSU / 3 Acer HN274Hbmiiid 3D Compatible 27inch monitors. CPU and the GTX Titan are custom water-cooled.

asbalana
02.03.2013 , 10:06 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by nattodaisuki View Post
you can reset your mission list by re-logging in your starship, which is the fastest.

However, this is different if the character is a Imperial or a Republic because some of the missions are different.

Grade 1 thru 3 are a pain in the you know what, to get all the Metals (unless you're lucky) and I've re-logged close to 20 times getting all the metal missions on 2 or more companions
UT is definitly the problem child of crafting. If you consider the number of mods and armorings needed while leveling (and earpieces?) and the fact that they take UT metals to craft, it is difficult to keep an alt geared up as you go. This is particularly true if you hit each planet a little above the level requied because in that case you are usually beyond finding anything that can be bought with commendations meaningful. It is doubly true in the range where you need xonolite which is not the easiest mat to come by.

The only good thing is that crafted items that require UT metals go for a great price.

My only solution is to run the missions when they come up and stock pile the mats for when my wfe and I need them. I never sell xonolite or any purple and the others only when I have an excess. I have two other gathering skills with my UT guys. If I pull an alt up and there is usually at least one or two UT metal missions that I run and then I fill in with the other gathering skills for my kit maker, other crafters, or mat sellers. It has always seemed to me, and I may be wrong, that it is a waste of time and credit loss to churn an UT alt to get the metal missions to come up.

PS - Really nice rig.

psandak
02.04.2013 , 09:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Edahsetin View Post
The list is reset generally under two conditions. The first is when a companion is finished with a crew skill and comes back. The second is when you zone from one new area to another.

Lots of times I'll send out a crew member on a skill before I get on my ship, and then check the list after I get on to see if I can send them on another select mission, and do it a third time when I get where I'm going. Sometimes there are a limited amount of missions you can send your crew out on... like you couldn't send all five out to get grade 6 underworld trading metals because there aren't that many different metal missions available.
While this is 100% accurate there is a factor that is usually ignored and can lead to frustration - selecting the same mission over and over apparently decreases the chance of it coming up. Take grade 6 UT missions for example; if all you are looking for is metals and all you run is metals there will come a point where you may have to change areas a dozen or more times to get one metals mission.

An anecdotal example I've written about in the past, is there was a point when all I wanted was companion gifts. I ran gift mission after gift mission from grade 6 UT. And eventually there came a point when I did not get a single grade 6 gift mission; all the missions in grade 6 were metals and fabrics. From that point on, I have taken a more balanced approach toward grade 6 UT missions and every time I log in over the course of playing my character with UT, I get at least one shot at the grade 6 abundant metals mission (sometimes two or three, depending on how long I play)

Again, I know this is only anecdotal evidence, but since I never have a problem getting UT metals missions and there so many who come to the forums and complain that they do not, it is easy to surmise that my balanced approach has something to do with my success.

Darevsool
02.04.2013 , 10:11 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by nattodaisuki View Post

There are actually 3 different 'moderates' for Grade 6 metal missions in UT. I've had 4/5 my companions out farming for Ciridium and Mandalorian Iron a few times.