Don't add Players to games with less than 2 minutes left

Gandrake

So you guys have the technology to create this awesome game, but, you can't figure out some system that prevents players in Q's to get added to a game where they have ZERO chance to get any comm's, money, or anything. What a waste of time and it's really becoming irritating. This has been going on since you first had a Q for Warzones.

Fix it damn it!

So you guys have the technology to create this awesome game, but, you can't figure out some system that prevents players in Q's to get added to a game where they have ZERO chance to get any comm's, money, or anything. What a waste of time and it's really becoming irritating. This has been going on since you first had a Q for Warzones.

Fix it damn it!

Err... jump out, heal something just once for > 2500 = one medal. Jump out, hit something once for > 2500 = one medal. Jump out, taunt someone for 2500 protection = one medal.

I'm not arguing with you that sometimes teams shouldn't be filled up in the last two minutes due to the fact, that you can't change the outcome, but not being able to get any medals is not entirely true. Agreed it just seems stupid that you have more or less jump right into the enemy to get anything out of it, but it is nontheless possible... maybe just not for the last 10 seconds. ;)

Err... jump out, heal something just once for > 2500 = one medal. Jump out, hit something once for > 2500 = one medal. Jump out, taunt someone for 2500 protection = one medal.

I'm not arguing with you that sometimes teams shouldn't be filled up in the last two minutes due to the fact, that you can't change the outcome, but not being able to get any medals is not entirely true. Agreed it just seems stupid that you have more or less jump right into the enemy to get anything out of it, but it is nontheless possible... maybe just not for the last 10 seconds. ;)

I think he's talking about backfill into warzones where you literally load into the zone only to see the scoreboard pop up before you can even leave the spawn--which has happened to me twice in the last three days.

This is a perfectly legitimate complaint. Why should I have to give up my spot in the queue to have the match end before I can even take one action, and get nothing for it? It's lame.

Got lucky last week and loaded into a WZ in progress. Was still in the starting area waiting for the force field to drop when the game ended. We won. I had zero of everything but finished my daily with that win. Normally it is very frustrating to not even get any Comms but this one time I benefited.

Fix it damn it!

When it comes to completing a daily, I don't really mind :)

I empathise with your general point but I'd say that:

1. Two minutes is more than enough time (usually) to get a medal. Maybe a minute would be a better cut-off.

2. In a lot of warzones, it's not clear how much longer you have left. So it could apply to Huttball or Voidstar where a timer is explicitly counting down but a lot of the time the match ends before then because the sixth goal is scored.

3. If I'm trying to get my daily done, I welcome the "10 second matches".

Maybe a better solution is to add a medal for joining late, so at least you'd get one. There have been several occasions where I've joined a warzone, and immediately seen the end scoreboard.

medals are stupidly easy to get as already mentioned. no need to hand them out for free.

No need to backfill me into a warzone with 5 seconds left before the scoreboard pops up and I already have my daily done, then, either...

Everyone in this thread who has said "I don't care" has done so because of the free contribution to daily.

And after the daily is finished, then what? Oh, that's right, you lost your spot in the queue, wasted 5 minutes on load screens, and have nothing to show for it.

To say nothing of the f2p who, to add insult to injury, will also have it counted against their weekly limit (yeah, like anyone cares about them).

Yeah, no problem there.

I think he's talking about backfill into warzones where you literally load into the zone only to see the scoreboard pop up before you can even leave the spawn--which has happened to me twice in the last three days.

This is a perfectly legitimate complaint. Why should I have to give up my spot in the queue to have the match end before I can even take one action, and get nothing for it? It's lame.

You wonder why this is becoming more prevalent as of late? Because the amount of twinks in the game is increasing. 49 Twinkies leave at the end of the WZ to keep from getting xp. I'd venture to say filling in late in a wz is a direct result of this, not someone simply DC'ing.

You wonder why this is becoming more prevalent as of late? Because the amount of twinks in the game is increasing. 49 Twinkies leave at the end of the WZ to keep from getting xp. I'd venture to say filling in late in a wz is a direct result of this, not someone simply DC'ing.

Not denying this happens, but when I said I had backfill to scoreboard happen to me twice in the last 3 days, I was referring to 50s pvp.