Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All Lightsabers i make are bound?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
All Lightsabers i make are bound?

thefatness
02.03.2013 , 04:14 PM | #1
trying to make a lightsaber and mail to a friend who just started the game but it says i cant mail it because its bound? Does this mean all sabers i make are bound? What does binding mean anyways? So new to all this. Thanks.

Edahsetin
02.03.2013 , 08:10 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by thefatness View Post
trying to make a lightsaber and mail to a friend who just started the game but it says i cant mail it because its bound? Does this mean all sabers i make are bound? What does binding mean anyways? So new to all this. Thanks.
Most of the things you make aren't going to be bound. You can take a look at the item before you craft it and if you mouse over it the pop up will tell you if its bind on pickup or not. If your creating something with open slots, like an orange item or an item with an augment slot, if you put anything into those slots it will become bound to you. If you wanted to create something like that, you need to send both the item and the mods in the mail.

Interested in learning the best Crew Skill for your class? Or maybe the top Cartel Market Purchases? Maybe your looking for a Gift Guide with quick glance summary. Find all of my SWTOR Articles in my Star Wars The Old Republic Master Guide

Darevsool
02.04.2013 , 07:39 AM | #3
Also, once you equip it, it becomes bound.

If you make an orange skin item and load it with bound components (mods/hilts/enhancements/crystals) then the item becomes bound to you as well.