Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stop Requiring Full Groups for Easy Content

slafko
02.04.2013 , 01:22 AM | #11
Or recruit more people to the guild.

Wait... No. That's not right.

Jules
02.04.2013 , 06:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
True, but...

When you have completed every single operation countless times in every available mode, and you are just snoozing whenever you do it you are very likely to grow bored of the game and move on. Allowing players to run the same content extremely undermanned or with weird group compositions ensures they can still enjoy the game, that the challenge is still there if they choose to pursuit it.

I don't want Bioware to make it "easier for me", that is the exact oposite of what I want, in fact I would prefer if they stopped nerfing content and significatly increased the difficulty in the game. I am asking for them not to introduce brick walls.

Operator IX requires a group of 8 (unless you have classes that can go out of combat). There is no way to avoid this, regardless of you skill and/or gear level. It's just annoying and uncreative. Same goes for the new [Heroic 4] on Section X... noone will ever have the joy of soloing it
Why should they cater for you? Many more people have not even touched Operations. Just because you're "elite", doesn't mean everyone else should be. Maybe you should move on if you're looking for more hardcore games.
** "No friends, no enemies. Only allies and adversaries." **
---> There'll be fried Calamari tonight! <---

PhantomMalice
02.04.2013 , 10:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
Or recruit more people to the guild.

Wait... No. That's not right.
And dilute the noble breed of Elitist bloodline? What kind of blasphemy is this?!

Qvasar
02.04.2013 , 10:39 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Why should they cater for you? Many more people have not even touched Operations. Just because you're "elite", doesn't mean everyone else should be. Maybe you should move on if you're looking for more hardcore games.
Quote: Originally Posted by PhantomMalice View Post
And dilute the noble breed of Elitist bloodline? What kind of blasphemy is this?!
I must ask... what are you two talking about?

Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace (SM) were released over one year ago and designed to be run with some or no Columi gear. They have since been nerfed.

Explosive Conflict (SM) was released on April 2012 and designed to be run with some or no Rakata gear. It has since been (heavily) nerfed.

Terror from Beyond was released September 2012 and designed to be run with some or no Rakata gear.

Are you telling me that people who are able to run EV/KP SM with less than 8-man are part of some elite? The most clueless and disorganized group of people in Rakata gear can do those with 7-man or less! It's hardly a challenge. If you want to classify them as elite fine... 90% of players playing for over a month are elite.

Also if you are level 50 and haven't joined an operation it is by your own choice. At least on The Red Eclipse there are guilds actively raiding that will recruit anyone and constant PuGs being formed on fleet general. Oh and wait... operations are in the group finder!

Also keep in mind one thing before you go attacking the majority of the player base calling them "elite". Dedicated players are the ones that keep this game afloat. They are the ones who beta-tested, per-ordered, subscribed, and bought cartel coins. They are also the ones who go out there and spread the word, the ones that invite their friends to play. In your opinion Bioware shouldn't cater to these people? Fine again, but don't complain when you have to find a new game also because this one will cease to exist.

mikebevo
02.04.2013 , 11:16 AM | #15
I can see both sides. However, (at least on HM TfB) I like that it requires 8 people and that it require 8 people to pay attention. So while on SM TfB I wouldn't mind them removing this "roadblock," but in HM I think it is a important mechanic to the fight and without it the fight would be too easy.

DarthScruffy
02.04.2013 , 11:31 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Soloing it? No, but supposedly someone 3 manned the end (I'm not certain if that's true since I can't figure out how you'd 3 man the grenade part).
You 3 man until after you beat the boss and then offer to make a freeloader's day. You'll always get a fourth if all they have to do is click.

Kitru
02.04.2013 , 12:02 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthScruffy View Post
You 3 man until after you beat the boss and then offer to make a freeloader's day.
You can actually 2 man everything except for the absolutely last part. The 2 pillar gate can be done with only 2 players by having the players hug the force wall before clicking (you still need to be at least 10m away from the pillar you're clicking, so both players will be hugging the central third of the force wall). When the wall comes down, one of the clickers simply moves through; the wall will be back up, but you're already on the other side of it. Repeat for the second person.

Supposedly, someone has 3 manned the final part of the mission, which, in every attempt I've ever made, has required 4 people. You can *reach* the side clicks and the final click simultaneously from the proper vantage point on the sides, but, as soon as you stop the side click, you're incapable of completing the final click. Unless there is simply some kind of wonky geometry screwery that lets you get past one of the clicking requirements without actually having to click, you're not going to be able to 3 man it.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Derrajx
02.04.2013 , 06:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
You can actually 2 man everything except for the absolutely last part. The 2 pillar gate can be done with only 2 players by having the players hug the force wall before clicking (you still need to be at least 10m away from the pillar you're clicking, so both players will be hugging the central third of the force wall). When the wall comes down, one of the clickers simply moves through; the wall will be back up, but you're already on the other side of it. Repeat for the second person.

Supposedly, someone has 3 manned the final part of the mission, which, in every attempt I've ever made, has required 4 people. You can *reach* the side clicks and the final click simultaneously from the proper vantage point on the sides, but, as soon as you stop the side click, you're incapable of completing the final click. Unless there is simply some kind of wonky geometry screwery that lets you get past one of the clicking requirements without actually having to click, you're not going to be able to 3 man it.
You can 3 man by having one of the players who is clicking on one of the sides to break his cast while at the same time clicking on the middle, similar to the force field (both have a tiny bit of delay to reactivate)

Kitru
02.04.2013 , 08:17 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Derrajx View Post
You can 3 man by having one of the players who is clicking on one of the sides to break his cast while at the same time clicking on the middle, similar to the force field (both have a tiny bit of delay to reactivate)
I've tried that, but, as soon as you drop the side clicks, it breaks LoS and immediately ends and prevents the cast on the final click.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Khevar
02.04.2013 , 08:44 PM | #20
Rather than demanding Bioware change the way the op is structured to make it EASY for you to 6-man it, why not be creative and figure out how to do it anyway?

Case in point, 4-man Operator IX:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=567156