Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Alas, Duchess Satine


Aitix's Avatar


Aitix
02.03.2013 , 06:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I just hate the fact Obi-Wan said "I would have given up the jedi order, had you given the word" then a season later he refuses and taunts maul into butchering her.
Plot hole much?
He never taunted Maul into butchering her.

Aitix's Avatar


Aitix
02.03.2013 , 06:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
He was attacking a devout Dark Sider's belief and this guy hates him so much, you know what will happen next.

If he brought Anakin Satine would mostly be saved.
Dude, Maul was planning on killing Satine before Obi-Wan even opened his mouth. That was his revenge.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
02.03.2013 , 06:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aitix View Post
He never taunted Maul into butchering her.
Maul was also showing anger when he started to say "And those who oppose it are more powerful than you'll ever be", why did he still continue on the background of Maul and talk about he didn't have a choice when he was little? As a Dark Sider and who worship power, mention things about when they were little and being weak is clearly going to make them angry, even if he didn't intend to he should stop when he saw Maul became angry.

Aitix's Avatar


Aitix
02.03.2013 , 06:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
It's still in the book and didn't contradict with the cartoon so it's still canon. It was deleted only due to time issue.

Well I'm gonna drop TCW after this episode's discussion is over. Imagine how will Ahsoka fans behave if she dies and Anakin failed her like this?
The book is non-canon because it has been contradicted by this episode.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
02.03.2013 , 06:53 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Aitix View Post
Dude, Maul was planning on killing Satine before Obi-Wan even opened his mouth. That was his revenge.
No, he never said such thing and it's not showing he would kill her so soon if he wasn't enraged.

Think about it, Maul hates Obi Wan right? If someone was keep taunting him when he captured Obi Wan in the end of season 4 and he killed Obi Wan and the taunting guy, can we say "He's going to kill Obi Wan anyway, it does not matter."

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
02.03.2013 , 06:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aitix View Post
The book is non-canon because it has been contradicted by this episode.
Book is C canon unless it contradict with the cartoon like Sidious' words, just like the novelization of the movies.

Aitix's Avatar


Aitix
02.03.2013 , 06:56 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Maul was also showing anger when he started to say "And those who oppose it are more powerful than you'll ever be", why did he still continue on the background of Maul and talk about he didn't have a choice when he was little? As a Dark Sider and who worship power, mention things about when they were little and being weak is clearly going to make them angry, even if he didn't intend to he should stop when he saw Maul became angry.
Dude, he was already pissed off at him for the last twelve years. And the example you brought up is not taunting.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
02.03.2013 , 06:57 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aitix View Post
Dude, he was already pissed off at him for the last twelve years. And the example you brought up is not taunting.
But he was not going to kill Obi Wan at that time, he was going to lure him to the Dark Side.

It made the effect of taunting, and Obi Wan saw Maul's expression but he still continued, if it's not taunting what is?

Aitix's Avatar


Aitix
02.03.2013 , 07:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
No, he never said such thing and it's not showing he would kill her so soon if he wasn't enraged.

Think about it, Maul hates Obi Wan right? If someone was keep taunting him when he captured Obi Wan in the end of season 4 and he killed Obi Wan and the taunting guy, can we say "He's going to kill Obi Wan anyway, it does not matter."
He never "said" it directly but it was made clear to the audience that he was going to do it as soon as Maul lifted Satine with a Force chock. Also, you have no proof that Maul didn't decide to kill Satine before he was "enraged"(hell, was already enraged).

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
02.03.2013 , 07:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aitix View Post
He never "said" it directly but it was made clear to the audience that he was going to do it as soon as Maul lifted Satine with a Force chock. Also, you have no proof that Maul didn't decide to kill Satine before he was "enraged"(hell, was already enraged).
Maul also did it to Bo-Katan like this, did he kill her? He was clearly trying to torture her to make Obi Wan succumb, that's a slow process to turn a Jedi so why would he kill Satine so soon rather than use her as a tool to keep torture Obi Wan.

If he wanted to kill her right way she would be dead in seconds after being choked rather than still have words to spill out. Clearly he's torturing her rather than wanted to kill her right here.