Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alas, Duchess Satine

Slowpokeking
02.03.2013 , 10:49 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Very good point, he's all but vanished since the Onderon arc. However I think he's going to feature in the next arc and if I remember correctly from the trailer we see him slip further to the dark side, like some serious dark side.

He offered help but Obi Wan refused.

Jonoku
02.03.2013 , 11:18 AM | #12
She had a goal but that goal made her commit treason and betrayal to Mandalore.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Jonoku
02.03.2013 , 11:20 AM | #13
nvm....
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Darth__Carnal
02.03.2013 , 04:29 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I don't know why was he taunting Maul when he was choking Satine, Maul was trying to lure him to the Dark Side so he would not kill Satine in short time. But after he was enraged by Obi Wan he decided to kill her to make him "share his pain". I admit I'm a bit frustrated when I read the book and watched this episode for these reasons. He gives me the impression that he loves Satine, but still couldn't totally break from the Jedi discipline. I'm not surprised of Maul and the Jedi Council's decision, but I had a bit hope in him, too bad, and that's why I don't like him..
Obiwan knew that Maul planned to use Satine against him. I think that is the reason why Obiwan got all preachy on Maul. It's like Obi wan was saying,

"Go ahead bro, I know you going to kill her anyways. Do it. Kill her. I will not let her death be in vain, I will hold to my beliefs. I will show you I am stronger by not begging, compromising on my principles, or becoming angry and breaking the code. There is no such thing as death, only the Force."

Sure Obiwan loved Satine, but for Obiwan and Maul, this was deeper, this was about religion.

Obiwan did not shed a single tear for Satine, do to so would of proved Maul right. That peace is a lie, there is emotion. To get emotional, would of dishonored the Jedi, Satine, and Obiwan.
☾▓║]!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀║▩▓[██████████▓▒░Surrender to Temptation░▒▓███████████)

Slowpokeking
02.03.2013 , 05:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Carnal View Post
Obiwan knew that Maul planned to use Satine against him. I think that is the reason why Obiwan got all preachy on Maul. It's like Obi wan was saying,

"Go ahead bro, I know you going to kill her anyways. Do it. Kill her. I will not let her death be in vain, I will hold to my beliefs. I will show you I am stronger by not begging, compromising on my principles, or becoming angry and breaking the code. There is no such thing as death, only the Force."

Sure Obiwan loved Satine, but for Obiwan and Maul, this was deeper, this was about religion.

Obiwan did not shed a single tear for Satine, do to so would of proved Maul right. That peace is a lie, there is emotion. To get emotional, would of dishonored the Jedi, Satine, and Obiwan.
And there is emotion, he didn't prove Maul was wrong, but still try to lie to himself like the PT Jedi, and that's why they failed.

Just like in OT, they don't believe there is still good emotion in Vader anymore, they believe Luke could kill his father without emotion, and Luke proved they are wrong about both. If Luke really did it that what Obi Wan pushed him to do, it would cause him to fall to the Dark Side.

Selenial
02.03.2013 , 05:34 PM | #16
I just hate the fact Obi-Wan said "I would have given up the jedi order, had you given the word" then a season later he refuses and taunts maul into butchering her.
Plot hole much?
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial
02.03.2013 , 05:36 PM | #17
Hey beni you got any links to those so called previews?
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Slowpokeking
02.03.2013 , 05:36 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I just hate the fact Obi-Wan said "I would have given up the jedi order, had you given the word" then a season later he refuses and taunts maul into butchering her.
Plot hole much?
That's just his words, Qui Gon and surely Anakin might be able to do it, but certainly not him.

Aitix
02.03.2013 , 06:39 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
He offered help but Obi Wan refused.
No, the scene where Anakin offered help was never added in the episode.

And seriously, Slowpokeking, you've been arguing the same thing over and over again in the Jedi Council forums. Haven't you had enough?

Slowpokeking
02.03.2013 , 06:46 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aitix View Post
No, the scene where Anakin offered help was never added in the episode.

And seriously, Slowpokeking, you've been arguing the same thing over and over again in the Jedi Council forums. Haven't you had enough?
It's still in the book and didn't contradict with the cartoon so it's still canon. It was deleted only due to time issue.

Well I'm gonna drop TCW after this episode's discussion is over. Imagine how will Ahsoka fans behave if she dies and Anakin failed her like this?