Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Servers packed, yet can't find anyone to group with for flashpoints?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Servers packed, yet can't find anyone to group with for flashpoints?

Skeelol's Avatar


Skeelol
12.20.2011 , 06:33 PM | #1
I don't get it. Servers got queues which basically means they're at full capacity, yet trying to find anyone for an instance is a pain.

Been asking in general chat for 30 minutes now and not a single group was being formed in that time for a simple lvl 25 instance (mandalorian raiders). I mean if it's like this with servers being full what will happen later on the road?

And what is going on exactly? Really losing interest and so early on too. Feels more like a sp game with mp chat than an actual MMO.

Jamus_Divinus's Avatar


Jamus_Divinus
12.20.2011 , 06:35 PM | #2
Chat bubbles or a complete overhaul of the chat box.

I was in the wrong tab and 'missed out' on several grp invites. Only noticed later while scolling up to check my legacy xp gains per kill.

Apparently I was standing infront of people asking me if I wanted to run a flashpoint or 2 and was oblivious lol.

Pity.
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
200,000,000 Mounts:192/206 Pets:170/178
Achievement points:25630 Ships mastered: 19/24

AislingKerrigan's Avatar


AislingKerrigan
12.20.2011 , 06:36 PM | #3
Is it possible you're higher level than most players? On my server most people are still in the 12-20 range. There's also a lack of healers. Esseles is still the only FP I've managed to run and my character is now level 26.

Airinya's Avatar


Airinya
12.20.2011 , 06:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Skeelol View Post
I don't get it. Servers got queues which basically means they're at full capacity, yet trying to find anyone for an instance is a pain.

Been asking in general chat for 30 minutes now and not a single group was being formed in that time for a simple lvl 25 instance (mandalorian raiders). I mean if it's like this with servers being full what will happen later on the road?

And what is going on exactly? Really losing interest and so early on too. Feels more like a sp game with mp chat than an actual MMO.
Are you running around on planets asking for Flashpoint groups or are you actually at the Flashpoint? There are always a ton of people on my server, Helm of Garush, standing around the Flashpoint entrances and continually forming groups.

Skeelol's Avatar


Skeelol
12.20.2011 , 06:39 PM | #5
Obviously sitting at the imperial fleet asking for people, not running around different planets.

About most people not being my level, i find that hard to believe. If they had early access most would be around the middle. Then again i also don't get how it can be "server full" yet only 100 or so people max i've seen in the actual imperial fleet area at one given time.

Skeelol's Avatar


Skeelol
12.20.2011 , 06:58 PM | #6
Wow i can't believe there aren't more people bothered by this. Guess they're content with playing a SP game with the addition of an instant messaging service.

Crovaz's Avatar


Crovaz
12.20.2011 , 07:01 PM | #7
Honestly, I have seen that problem yet. I always see people spamming for Flashpoints or even heroic quests. I know I'm only 13 but still, I haven't seen this as a problem. Maybe you're just playing during off hours or have out leveled people possibly?

VorpalK's Avatar


VorpalK
12.20.2011 , 07:03 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Skeelol View Post
Wow i can't believe there aren't more people bothered by this. Guess they're content with playing a SP game with the addition of an instant messaging service.
I'm playing grouped instances with my friends. I have no need to PUG.


I'm not the SLIGHTEST bit worried that people who want to solo instead of come help you out have that option.

Skeelol's Avatar


Skeelol
12.20.2011 , 07:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by VorpalK View Post
I'm playing grouped instances with my friends. I have no need to PUG.
Congrats bro, so what do you do when your friends aren't online and you feel like instancing?

VorpalK's Avatar


VorpalK
12.20.2011 , 07:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Skeelol View Post
Congrats bro, so what do you do when your friends aren't online and you feel like instancing?
That doesn't happen. Plenty of solo content too.

Life's too short to PUG.