Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NemainSWE
02.02.2013 , 10:13 PM | #951
1. Tomb of Freedom Nadd
2. Thayce
3. Three separate instances, 1 in Black talon, 1 in The Foundry and 1 in False emperor.
4. Both BT & Foundry at Lightspeed scene and FE right at the beginning.

DxDiag
Spoiler

Reliability report
Order: BT, Foundry and FE
Spoiler

Three crashes might not seem that bad, but since two of them occur in similar scenes, I've become suspicious.
Thayce - 50 Mercenary
Thayse - 50 Assassin
-The Sovo Legacy-
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

Doomla
02.02.2013 , 10:42 PM | #952
Server: Harbinger
Varnas,Howitezer,Loorenyr, Aetherus & Wuuthraad.
Frequency of crashing – frequent

Spoiler

nothing found in eventvwr under applications or systems, client will close randomly of periods between 5 min - 2 hrs of gameplay before this occurs.

s_hoey
02.02.2013 , 10:51 PM | #953
Name of server: Bergeren Colony
Name of character(s) affected: ALL OF THEM (Rumpshakah, winterfall)
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often?
3/4 leaving BlackTalon instance at the end, 50% chance leaving space missions.

Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc.
Really easy to repro. Enter any space mission, after getting in hit esc, then leave space mission 50% chance of crashing

Heres a crash dump from it(looks like the crash is in the UI code, got no symbols someone should beable to get more info with the dump)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4zl...A3cTl0Y2c/edit

eax=76fd48b1 ebx=c8621ad0 ecx=43697c82 edx=0c8cf450 esi=08600f00 edi=00000000
eip=5d9a19e9 esp=0c8cf740 ebp=0c8cf78c iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00200206
msvcr90!purecall+0x12:
5d9a19e9 6a19 push 19h
0:003> kp
*** Stack trace for last set context - .thread/.cxr resets it
ChildEBP RetAddr
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
0c8cf78c 01f7bc7e msvcr90!purecall+0x12
0c8cf8bc 76f533aa swtor!Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend +0x8ad4de
0c8cf8c8 77dd9ef2 kernel32!BaseThreadInitThunk+0x12
0c8cf908 77dd9ec5 ntdll!RtlInitializeExceptionChain+0x63
0c8cf920 00000000 ntdll!RtlInitializeExceptionChain+0x36

Your DXDiag in spoiler tags
Spoiler

Spoiler

wesarnett
02.03.2013 , 01:48 PM | #954
Name of server. Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected. Bernerd, CaptFlasheart
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Every single time Ii play, crashes/shuts down my PC.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Playing. Killing bad guys, hopping on my speeder, simple stuff. Don't get a chance to cross zones before it crashes.

Spoiler

Your reliability report in spoiler tags

Spoiler

Please specify that this is indeed a crash to desktop, not a disconnect to server select screen or a logout to character select.

This is always a total PC shutdown.

-Bob-
02.04.2013 , 12:24 AM | #955
It is very unfortunate that this problem hasn't been fixed after several months of complaints and problems from US,the paying customers... not even a mention of "hey we are working on it, really sorry for the crashes this has turned out to be difficult".......no just complete silence from BW.
My best hope is that the new Expansion coming out this spring is a complete redesign of the client and servers for the simple fact that what BW is running now isn't working efficiently for most of us who PAY THEM.

I personally will tolerate as much as i can until the Xpac which i have already purchased, but if the problems persist i will abandon this game completely and spread the word as much as i possibly can that this game is not worth playing. Not that this matters to anyone else, It's just how i feel personally.
This has been extremely bad customer service, yet they are happily taking our money without so much as an apology for the issues at hand.
Better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you're not

OwenBrooks
02.04.2013 , 06:20 AM | #956
If you need a comparison for no crashing

Name of server. Any
Name of character(s) affected. Any
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Never Crashes, playing for over 8 hours at times
Spoiler

OwenBrooks
02.04.2013 , 06:43 AM | #957
Quote: Originally Posted by wesarnett View Post
Name of server. Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected. Bernerd, CaptFlasheart
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Every single time Ii play, crashes/shuts down my PC.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc. Playing. Killing bad guys, hopping on my speeder, simple stuff. Don't get a chance to cross zones before it crashes.

This is always a total PC shutdown.
Hi wesarnett, if you are getting a complete PC shutdown, then this is likely not the game, likely cause for complete PC shutdown most seen is heat related, this game will heat up your computer.

I would run tests on the hardware, http://www.tested.com/tech/pcs/762-h...our-pc-stable/

Midnight_Firefly
02.04.2013 , 10:06 AM | #958
Server: Tomb of Freedom Nadd
Character's affected: Ikkat & Malachite (Different accounts)
Frequency of Crashing: Has happened twice now at the same exact point both times for 2 computers
Crash Trigger: At the end of the Black Talon Flashpoint, when given the option by the terminal to end the flashpoint and head to Dromund Kaas or stay on the ship, me and my friend both selected to head to Kaas. Doing so caused both of us to immediately CTD. Upon doing the flashpoint a second time and reaching the end again, we tried the terminal again, and once again chose the leave for Kaas option - we yet again both CTD'd. Neither of us has had this problem anywhere else yet

DxDiag
Spoiler

Reliability Report (2)
Spoiler

Spoiler

This is definitely a crash to desktop

fitetheforce
02.04.2013 , 02:36 PM | #959
How in the actual **** does this problem still exist? Over 1 year, nearly 100 pages of this useless thread and countless lost customers who simply gave up in frustration and you still haven't / can't / won't fix this problem? Is there some threshold of PAYING customers this problem has to infect for Bioware / EA / Whoever to actually give a **** and get it fixed? This is pathetic.

tendura
02.04.2013 , 06:59 PM | #960
Name of server: Jedi Covenant
Name of character(s) affected: All
Frequency of crashing – how many crashes, how often? Can't count that high, 5-6 times a night.
Any potentially helpful information about crash triggers, what you are doing before a crash, etc: Crashes when I'm doing nothing, anything, WZ's, OPS, FP's, BIO Breaks, Beating off, etc.

Your DXDiag in spoiler tags:
Spoiler

Continued in next post.