Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An in-depth look at: The Thrawn Campaign

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
An in-depth look at: The Thrawn Campaign

Aurbere
02.01.2013 , 12:57 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Do I sense some Thrawn fandom?

No but great thread, another period of Star Wars history I have now been enlightened on!

And I'd like to repeat a character suggestion that I've mentioned before: Asajj Ventress. I don't know if you know much about this character but if you do, I'd love to see her.
Yes. I am a Thrawn fanboy. Epic character is epic.

As for Ventress. I would love to do a thread on her, but right now most of her activities take place in the Clone Wars. Like I did with Plo Koon and Dooku, I would have to leave out Ventress' activities during the Clone Wars, which would make for a very short thread.

I'll probably do a thread on her once TCW raps up or Ventress gets killed (unlikely).
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Smashbrother
02.02.2013 , 05:08 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Do I sense some Thrawn fandom?

No but great thread, another period of Star Wars history I have now been enlightened on!

And I'd like to repeat a character suggestion that I've mentioned before: Asajj Ventress. I don't know if you know much about this character but if you do, I'd love to see her.
Why not just look this stuff up on wookieepedia?

Beniboybling
02.02.2013 , 05:34 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Yes. I am a Thrawn fanboy. Epic character is epic.

As for Ventress. I would love to do a thread on her, but right now most of her activities take place in the Clone Wars. Like I did with Plo Koon and Dooku, I would have to leave out Ventress' activities during the Clone Wars, which would make for a very short thread.

I'll probably do a thread on her once TCW raps up or Ventress gets killed (unlikely).
Oh yeah, that's what you said last time!
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Because Aurbere's stuff are much more coherent, condensed and easier to read.

Aurbere
02.02.2013 , 11:36 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
*Mind Trick* There is no Wookieepedia, there is The Historian.

Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

wrnfkbsdgfbdsgb
04.06.2014 , 02:49 AM | #15
Thrawn is the greatest military mind in Star Wars and perhaps in Sci-fi, Ackbar and Picard being his closest rivals. In the end though, with everything taken into consideration: Thrawn is Kasparov and Ackbar/Picard are Karpov. Very close match but Kasparov won. Thrawn not only comes from a race that is more tactically inclined than other races, he is a genius, and as Ackbar himself said, Thrawn was the greatest commander in history. The best comparisson for Thrawn is, I would say, Gneghis Khan: Absolute Genius and can only be stopped by death. ( I would have said Alexander, but Alexander was stopped by mutiny not death. Also he can be compared to Suvorov and Napoleon as Suvorov never Lost a battle and was outnumbered most of the time, and Napoleon is considered the greatest military mind in history, just like Thrawn). This is the man who actually got respect out of Palpatine, which is a remarkable feat, considering anyone who questioned the Emperor in his face usually ends up dead. It is a pity he died, would have been useful against the Yuzzan Vong.
"Concentration, focus, long-term thinking--those are the qualities that seperate a warrior from a mere flailing fighter." / "History is on the move. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."