Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.01.2013 , 11:31 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
You are right but to a degree

People do want to read about their favorite characters, but why bring them back when you could write stories within the timeline that they lived.

As far as creating new chracters, well just look at this game, we have Malgus and Revan as beloved characters
A lot of people like Mara jade and she is pure EU so is Darth Bane

Bring peoe back from the dead is just not way to do things; the emperor, maul and windu should remain on the dead list
And the emperor is my favorite but his death did not mean the darth plagueis book was less entertaining, that book was awesome
Ok I probably should have worded it differently, they don't wanna see the original characters being replaced by a newer guy. But again speaking of comic characters, where they always come back(after some point in time) now in Star Wars...it is sorta similar(just it isn't every character) as Boba still hasn't died even though he should have given he fell into a sarlacc pit 3 times....3 times, and had all sorts of body problems which were fixed with a needle, the same with Luke and Co.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
02.02.2013 , 12:27 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by jtjohnson View Post
If that's the case than Maul is dead and should never have been able to come back either. The Phantom Menace novel states that Maul died as he fell down the shaft thus making your point about the novels moot.
Thanks for this since I've not read any of the novels.

Seeing as how Maul died in the book, but was then retconned into being alive through the Clone Wars cartoon, the same can be done for Windu.

/thread

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.02.2013 , 05:50 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Thanks for this since I've not read any of the novels.

Seeing as how Maul died in the book, but was then retconned into being alive through the Clone Wars cartoon, the same can be done for Windu.

/thread
To quote myself:
Quote:
And you still haven't told me how Yoda, Sidious or Vader didn't feel him through the Force and find him. Basically your reasons for bringing him back seem pointless, he wasn't a minor character, he needs no expansion. We know Windu and he has served his purpose.
These are the real problems. Not how realistic his survival was. Bringing major characters back after death is always a bad idea and never works e.g. Palpatine Reborn. Minor characters however, work. Because there is plenty of room for expansion.

VigDiath's Avatar


VigDiath
02.02.2013 , 08:54 AM | #104
When Mace shows up as a Force Ghost to any Jedi, then I will accept that he died screaming in agony as he fell from the window in Palpys office.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Stellatus's Avatar


Stellatus
02.02.2013 , 11:12 AM | #105
ITT: 13 year olds whining o man samuel L. jedi so kewl LETS TROW STORYTELING OUT DA WINDER CUZ HE SO KEWL
DROID DOES.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
02.03.2013 , 02:57 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
To quote myself:
These are the real problems. Not how realistic his survival was. Bringing major characters back after death is always a bad idea and never works e.g. Palpatine Reborn. Minor characters however, work. Because there is plenty of room for expansion.
They didn't find him through the force because there are ways to hide your presence, one of which was utilized by Yoda on Dagobah.

But I would consider Windu a minor char too. Certainly not minor like Maul was, but still not that major.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.03.2013 , 04:21 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
They didn't find him through the force because there are ways to hide your presence, one of which was utilized by Yoda on Dagobah.

But I would consider Windu a minor char too. Certainly not minor like Maul was, but still not that major.
Why would he hide is presence from Yoda, a fellow Jedi? Sure you could say he would have gone into hiding but not before trying to regroup with the other Jedi. And surely he wouldn't just ignore the Empire and the Rebellion. It just doesn't make any sense, nor does it make sense to bring him back.

And no he wasn't a major character as in Anakin, but he still said and did more than Maul and Boba put together.

Odyseus's Avatar


Odyseus
02.03.2013 , 11:32 PM | #108
Every argument that's being used against Windu's return were the same exact ones that were used against the possibility of Darth Maul coming back.
Odysseus, SWG server Flurry, Commando, TK/Rifleman, Fencer/Combat Medic.

Stellatus's Avatar


Stellatus
02.04.2013 , 01:02 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Odyseus View Post
Every argument that's being used against Windu's return were the same exact ones that were used against the possibility of Darth Maul coming back.
You say that like Maul coming back was a good thing and anything more than a gimmick for 13 year olds.
DROID DOES.

fellblade's Avatar


fellblade
02.04.2013 , 01:06 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
When Mace shows up as a Force Ghost to any Jedi, then I will accept that he died screaming in agony as he fell from the window in Palpys office.
Didn't Yoda (and then Kenobi) learn that technique from Qui Gon's force ghost - AFTER Windu was already killed?......
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.