Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preferences keep resetting, HELP!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Preferences keep resetting, HELP!

clbell
12.27.2011 , 03:35 AM | #1
This is just beyond annoying now, when I exit a warzone for example some settings just change back to default. Example- Enable Cover Bar always comes back, my view distance always resets right behind my char.....even when I create a new chat tab it somehow gets deleted after a warzone. This is driving me crazy I have deleted swtor and reinstalled and that of course did nothing.

I have googled it and nothing, you telling me I am the only person with this problem?? Helppppp

Xraven
12.28.2011 , 05:19 AM | #2
Hi there

I have exatly the same problem, and didn't find any solution yet...

Xraven

kiriavark
12.28.2011 , 05:22 AM | #3
Same problem.

Also have issues with companions skill toggles (on/off) resetting every time I summon/desummon them (including when mounting).

dronepilot
12.28.2011 , 05:24 AM | #4
Same issue here. My texture settings etc keep lowering themselves down.

clbell
12.28.2011 , 06:37 AM | #5
This is just so annoying, who wants to reset half there preferences every time they go in and out of a warzone or relog. Why is there no responses for help when I know it's a big problem b/c when I ask in general plenty of people say they are having the same trouble.

Soulberry
12.30.2011 , 11:25 PM | #6
Same issue. toolbar unlocks, companion prefs, miniature map resizes itself to default.. even social prefs like turning off showing dark side resets. Every log in, every warzone.. it's not game breaking, just considerably annoying.

Katharis
12.30.2011 , 11:37 PM | #7
Yup. When playing my Smuggler and my IA I like to turn off that accursed "Let's shift all your attacks around, won't that be fun!" cover business - seriously, why is that even a 'feature'? it's annoying and makes NO SENSE (disclaimer: to me, of course, not necessarily anyone else) - but nope, damn thing won't stay turned off. Grr.

It's things like this that sometimes prompt me to say things like "Boo, Bioware. Boo."

I would, of course, be considerably less critical if pony rides, preferably free, were available.
As of December, I feel more like I do now than I did before.

Menyu
12.30.2011 , 11:43 PM | #8
Got similar issues as well.

SycoSith
02.02.2013 , 08:18 AM | #9
I'm currently still having this issues. It's 2 years after them but mine just started recently. Have any of you all found a fix?
Help Please!