Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spent money to get coins to Unlock Cyborg Legacy....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Spent money to get coins to Unlock Cyborg Legacy....

Phoenixbowman
02.01.2013 , 10:05 PM | #1
I went onto my level 10 character and added Cartel Coins to the 500 I had from getting my subscription. I went to the cartel market, bought the Cyborg Legacy (which is supposed to unlock Cyborg for all classes.) I then Claimed the item and it got moved to my inventory and I right clicked on it.

Then I went to create a Jedi Knight cyborg but it's still locked....after I claimed the item from the market and right clicked on it. And when I right clicked on it the Casting Bar said "unlocking" and when it was done, a golden light surrounded my charcter.

Why did it not take, then? Cyborg is still locked for me despite me unlocking it after getting it with cartel coins.

Phoenixbowman
02.01.2013 , 10:09 PM | #2
Someone on General Chat said "poor life choice" and someone else said "Send him back to kill John Connor." What's with ppl hating on me for trying to make a cyborg character?

And why after unlocking it does it still not let me make a Jedi Knight cyborg?

I got a message saying I unlocked my Legacy. Even with this Legacy unlocked and at level 10, the Cyborg Race is still locked for Jedi Knight.

If that 600 Cartel Coin item does not unlock the race for All Classes then it should be advertised properly. So the ad for doesn't mislead people and tell them that the item unlocks the Race for all classes.

Phoenixbowman
02.01.2013 , 10:57 PM | #3
I've said it before and I'll say it again: It Is Nice to Know These Things.

It would've been nice to get a notice saying "Hey, You need to Unlock a legacy first before spending real money on this item. And for some odd reason you also need to create a Surname before you can use an item that you spen real world cash on.

Putting up that simple message for Legacy required unlocks would go a long way to helping out newbies who spend real money to unlock something and not know why it's working. Because they dont know what a Legacy is and they wouldn't know that they need to make a name before using their real-world bought item.

Phoenixbowman
02.01.2013 , 11:02 PM | #4
In Summary: Species unlock requirement.

Level 10. Get a Legacy AND have created a Surname. No surname = no way to use Species that have been unlocked using Cartel coins.