Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
02.01.2013 , 01:08 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
The blu ray versions are THE definite versions of the SW movies as far as canon goes, and will remain so until Disney decides to change it. Maul doesn't make any noise in the blu-ray version so he is dead and having eyes open doesn't mean crap because people can die like that.

Windu grunts like he just got punted. Maybe it's a death grunt, maybe it's not. Nobody 100% knows for sure.

Why he doesn't appear later could be a bazallion reason. Perhaps he forgot his memories, or maybe he had to go into hiding like Yoda did in order to escape being hunted down.

And I know the books were written along with the movie, and they are canon too. BUT if there is a discrepancy between the movie and the book, the movie is higher because Lucas had 100% control of the movies.

Of course there are discrenpencies. You cannot fit everything from the book into the movie. If you did then you would have a ten hour long movie. Mace Windu is dead. There is no doubt about that. Yoda even felt him die. Read the damn novel. It is every bit as canon as the film and has more details than the film. The novel is even better than the film. The novel was written from Lucas' screenplay. It is equal to the movie. Everything in the film is in the novel.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.01.2013 , 01:44 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
The blu ray versions are THE definite versions of the SW movies as far as canon goes, and will remain so until Disney decides to change it. Maul doesn't make any noise in the blu-ray version so he is dead and having eyes open doesn't mean crap because people can die like that.

Windu grunts like he just got punted. Maybe it's a death grunt, maybe it's not. Nobody 100% knows for sure.

Why he doesn't appear later could be a bazallion reason. Perhaps he forgot his memories, or maybe he had to go into hiding like Yoda did in order to escape being hunted down.

And I know the books were written along with the movie, and they are canon too. BUT if there is a discrepancy between the movie and the book, the movie is higher because Lucas had 100% control of the movies.
But there is no discrepancy, it would be perfectly plausible to say that was a death grunt and he was dead when he fell out the window. It's in the books, it's canon. And you still haven't told me how Yoda, Sidious or Vader didn't feel him through the Force and find him. Basically your reasons for bringing him back seem pointless, he wasn't a minor character, he needs no expansion. We know Windu and he has served his purpose.

Stellatus's Avatar


Stellatus
02.01.2013 , 09:36 AM | #93
Haha, yeah. Mace Windu coming back would be cool. Hey, I have an idea, why not Obi-Wan? He vanished, right? So there's like, no body parts chopped off 'n ****. He could totes come back.

Also, Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen should come back. Their skeletons were still intact, right? But Star Wars is sci-fi so they could, like, sooo totally have robot organs and muscles and robot skin.

Oh man, and Jabba should come back too. He didn't even have any parts chopped off, they could just like, put robot stuff in him, and he'd be like, sooo cooooool.

I don't see why they need to make any new characters for the new movies, everyone could come back from the dead making their original deaths completely meaningless and trivial and it'd be sooooo coooooooooooool
DROID DOES.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
02.01.2013 , 06:10 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
But there is no discrepancy, it would be perfectly plausible to say that was a death grunt and he was dead when he fell out the window. It's in the books, it's canon. And you still haven't told me how Yoda, Sidious or Vader didn't feel him through the Force and find him. Basically your reasons for bringing him back seem pointless, he wasn't a minor character, he needs no expansion. We know Windu and he has served his purpose.

Vader and Palpatine weren't able to find Kenobi or Yoda either.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
02.01.2013 , 06:13 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Vader and Palpatine weren't able to find Kenobi or Yoda either.
That's an easy one to answer.

Yoda's presence was hidden by the Dark Side cave on Dagobah.

Obi-Wan used a form of Force concealment on Tatooine.

Plus, Yoda felt Windu die. He felt almost the entire Jedi Order die. His abilities for perception were so great that he could pinpoint the people who died and where they died. He felt Mace Windu die.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
02.01.2013 , 06:16 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
That's an easy one to answer.

Yoda's presence was hidden by the Dark Side cave on Dagobah.

Obi-Wan used a form of Force concealment on Tatooine.
To further the point, Kenobi was hiding on Tatooine, a planet that held too many painful memories for Vader. As a result he avoided returning there. Look at Episode 4. He sent troopers to the planet to search for the droids but did not go himself. He did not want to set foot on Tatooine ever again.

Freedannad's Avatar


Freedannad
02.01.2013 , 06:40 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Pheros View Post
I honestly wouldn't mind this since Mace Windu is one of my favorite SW characters of all time. The fact that he got taken out in such a cowardly move always greatly irritated me.
Samuel L. Jackson disagrees with this. In an interview he stated that he begged Lucas to be in the films(he was a huge fan) he said that he didnt care if he was a "storm trooper" as long as he got to be part of it. He also stated how he got to pick the color of the lightsaber and that he told Lucas that he wanted Mace to die in the most bad***** way possible. He said that he couldnt be more pleased with the way that Mace died.

jtjohnson's Avatar


jtjohnson
02.01.2013 , 07:30 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Of course there are discrenpencies. You cannot fit everything from the book into the movie. If you did then you would have a ten hour long movie. Mace Windu is dead. There is no doubt about that. Yoda even felt him die. Read the damn novel. It is every bit as canon as the film and has more details than the film. The novel is even better than the film. The novel was written from Lucas' screenplay. It is equal to the movie. Everything in the film is in the novel.
If that's the case than Maul is dead and should never have been able to come back either. The Phantom Menace novel states that Maul died as he fell down the shaft thus making your point about the novels moot.
The SWTOR forums... You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must be cautious.

Stellatus's Avatar


Stellatus
02.01.2013 , 08:46 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by jtjohnson View Post
If that's the case than Maul is dead and should never have been able to come back either. The Phantom Menace novel states that Maul died as he fell down the shaft thus making your point about the novels moot.
Won't find any disagreement here. The cartoon bringing Maul back is frankly a travesty, the sort of gimmick that 13 year old kids love. And lo and behold, the 13 year old target audience is eating that literal **** up.

Not only did they give him a freaking brother, but his brother is named Savage. Effing Savage. Savage Opress[ion]. It's like they're not even trying anymore. I fully expect the next big villain to be named LORD MADDIUS ANGRY.
DROID DOES.

kirorx's Avatar


kirorx
02.01.2013 , 11:17 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I would take a guess as its the same with comics, making new characters can never really go well because people wanna always see the original characters. This is probably why(along with fans) Boba came back and Maul did too. Its why no one in the comic world ever stays dead, Superman will always be Kal-El, Batman will always be Bruce Wayne etc etc
You are right but to a degree

People do want to read about their favorite characters, but why bring them back when you could write stories within the timeline that they lived.

As far as creating new chracters, well just look at this game, we have Malgus and Revan as beloved characters
A lot of people like Mara jade and she is pure EU so is Darth Bane

Bring peoe back from the dead is just not way to do things; the emperor, maul and windu should remain on the dead list
And the emperor is my favorite but his death did not mean the darth plagueis book was less entertaining, that book was awesome
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU