Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BH abilities cost less than Troopers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BH abilities cost less than Troopers

ZeroPlus
01.29.2013 , 04:28 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Voren_Kurn View Post
Sadly this has been known for quite some time (around launch) and if I remember correctly, there has YET to be at least a dev acknowledging/denying or even stating that they are even looking into the matter.
I've seen others state this, but I don't remember ever seeing anything about this before.

The problem isn't really visible unless you test it as I and others have done. Personally, (I'll say it again, personally ), I'm not so concerned about the rated PvP problems that can arise from this imbalance, I am however concerned about the quality of life affect this has on Troopers/Vanguards because they have to work harder to stay in the optimal regen range.

It would be really nice to get some feedback from Bioware on this.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

PanzerJagdhund
01.29.2013 , 05:55 PM | #22
This really does need a developer response. They should just make the ammo system the same value as the heat system (100 heat = 100 ammo).
<Redemption> (Republic) on The Shadowlands
Totenhelfen - Assault Mando Totenkrieger - Assault Vanguard
Focus/Vig Guardian - Sharpshooter Slinger - Scrapper Scoundrel
Proud Alpha tester of the Parsec Combat Parser for SWTOR

Zalekanzer
01.30.2013 , 03:33 AM | #23
This issue has been around since the devs decided that 12 was an equivalent fraction of 100 (AKA: Since Alpha).

Why on God's Green Earth they didn't just give Troopers 25 ammo and make the ability costs 1/4 of the Bounty Hunters', I'll never know...

Someone on the dev team is a G*****n f*****g r****d.

12 IS NOT AN EQUIVALENT FRACTION OF 100!
RRRAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! ++MATH RAGE++
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera

GhostSafari
02.01.2013 , 05:56 PM | #24
bump for dev response...*** are they waiting on?
Your life now is the result of every choice made from the hand you were dealt.

Bleeters
02.01.2013 , 11:48 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostSafari View Post
bump for dev response...*** are they waiting on?
Presumably for everyone to wear themselves out and stop bringing it up, so they don't actually have to get around to acknowledging it. That's generally how it goes with this kind of thing.

Dr_Kid
02.02.2013 , 01:05 PM | #26
I did some further testing on the Energy Regen levels. It appears this issue is entirely graphical. I compared using the two abilities Missile Blast and Explosive Round. (3/12 Ammo (25%) = 25 Heat)
On my Powertech
I tested using Missile Blast, Rapid Shots, Rapid Shots. I was able to use Missile Blast 16 times.
On my Vanguard
I tested using Explosive Round, Hammershot, Hammershot, I was also able to use Explosive Round 16 times.

Finally I inspected the Ammo percentage gauge. Bounty Hunter moderate regen begins at 60% heat remaining. Trooper's moderate regen begains at 66.66%.
Every time I got my ammo between 60% and 66.66%, the Ammo display would display "Moderate" regeneration, but would still increase by intervals of 5% every second instead of 3%.
I tested it with the very slow regen interval. 25% for troopers, 20% for Bounty hunters and got the exact same results. Between 20% and 25% I would still be regenerating 3% Ammo, despite "Very Slow" being displayed which is 2% Ammo/sec.

Ammo/Heat Regen appear to be working identically, The UI display should be fixed to display the correct intervals. Moderate starting at 60% Ammo instead of 66.66% and Very Slow starting at 20% Ammo instead of 25%. This will allow troopers to more accurately manage and assess their Ammo levels.

Cost however is still a major issue. I would like to see a response that the Devs are at least aware of this problem.

StefanTOR
02.02.2013 , 01:13 PM | #27
I doesn't really make sense that Troopers use ammo. I'm not the biggest lore expert but don't Blaster Rifles and Assault Cannons use powercells like Pistols? Wouldn't they just overheat as well.

Dr_Kid
02.04.2013 , 11:20 PM | #28
2 Weeks and still not any closer to getting a dev response. Anyways here's a repost from another thread discussing the same issue.http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=587930

Pretty simple method to test it yourself.

Quote:
The longer the test, the greater the disparity will be. That's why my test is ideal. Two button rotation.
Ion Pulse, Hammershot, Ion Pulse, Hammershot, Ion Pulse, Hammershot, and repeat.
Count the number of Ion Pulses until you're unable to use another Ion Pulse. Repeat two more times to account for lag.

Bounty Hunter
Flame burst, Rapid shots, Flame burst, Rapid shots, Flame burst, Rapid shots.
Count number of Flamebursts until you're unable to activate it again. Repeat twice more to account for lag.

Compare the results.
All it requires is at least level 10 Powertech and Vanguard (minimum level to get Ion Pulse/Flameburst). Arguably it should also work with a Merc and Commando. (Power shot / Charged Bolts) Though only when it's talented for 1.5 second cast time. (Minimum level 15).

Dr_Kid
02.10.2013 , 12:32 PM | #29
If the new changes are correct, it would appear this is finally getting fixed.
12 Ammo -> 100 Energy Cells.

High Friction Bolts: High Impact Bolt ignores <<2[%d/%d/%d]>>% of the target's armor. In addition, if High Impact Bolt hits a burning target, it has a <<1>>% chance to generate 8 energy cells and refresh the duration of your Plasma Cell's burn effect if present.

Supercharge Cells: Converts 30 charges of Combat Support Cell to supercharge your blaster, restoring 8 energy cells and increasing all damage and healing dealt by 5% for <<1[%d seconds/%d second/%d seconds]>>

ZeroPlus
02.11.2013 , 09:33 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Dr_Kid View Post
If the new changes are correct, it would appear this is finally getting fixed.
12 Ammo -> 100 Energy Cells.

High Friction Bolts: High Impact Bolt ignores <<2[%d/%d/%d]>>% of the target's armor. In addition, if High Impact Bolt hits a burning target, it has a <<1>>% chance to generate 8 energy cells and refresh the duration of your Plasma Cell's burn effect if present.

Supercharge Cells: Converts 30 charges of Combat Support Cell to supercharge your blaster, restoring 8 energy cells and increasing all damage and healing dealt by 5% for <<1[%d seconds/%d second/%d seconds]>>
This is very interesting! Where did you get this from?
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!