Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

~Jaesa Romance~

DarthGile
01.28.2013 , 07:34 AM | #61
Wow.. I never thought this thread would still be alive.

So it appears that though Jaesa is not a romantic character, she at least lets you "hop on" and make children with her. This conversation only happens if you do not indulge in Vette. The one I recorded on YouTube was after Vette and my character married, so Jaesa was discreet regarding my legacy.

However, recently I found out that she doesn't beat around the bush about having children with you as long as Vette isn't in the equation. It makes me wonder if after this happens, she will begin to feel an emotional bond. I try not to speculate, considering that continued companion conversations are probably the last things that are on BW's agenda .

SithKoriandr
01.30.2013 , 11:36 PM | #62
Wait...wait...for a game about choices and making them matter, we want to take them away? o.O

DarthGile
01.31.2013 , 11:51 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Wait...wait...for a game about choices and making them matter, we want to take them away? o.O
Dunno where you've been for the past year but the whole "choices that matter" slogan became a poor excuse when the game's restrictions and linear paths pushed unwitting players into a dead end. Try constructive posts before delivering unneeded sarcasm.

As stated in the Sith Warrior forums, Jaesa-Light is the only female companion who isn't romanceable. Attractive female companions in a Bioware game are NEVER celibrate. This was either an oversight, or the writer lined up a cruel joke.

SithKoriandr
01.31.2013 , 08:43 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthGile View Post
Dunno where you've been for the past year but the whole "choices that matter" slogan became a poor excuse when the game's restrictions and linear paths pushed unwitting players into a dead end. Try constructive posts before delivering unneeded sarcasm.

As stated in the Sith Warrior forums, Jaesa-Light is the only female companion who isn't romanceable. Attractive female companions in a Bioware game are NEVER celibrate. This was either an oversight, or the writer lined up a cruel joke.
Well yeah, most of the choices are linear. That's why I'd hate to see this one taken away. It's one that does matter. Go Dark Side, get the girl. Go Light Side, don't get the girl.

Also, Jaesa is romanceable, just have to be willing to be dark side. I wouldn't seperate Jaesa into two characters and then say she's not romanceable.

DarthGile
02.01.2013 , 04:05 PM | #65
Straight from Hall Hood from a question I asked via Twitter:

Quote:
"Jaesa-Light was very specifically written by @NeilPollner to not be romanced. She's trying to be a good Jedi."
It's not the answer that many people in this thread wanted, but it's an official response, and that's more than what we've gotten in a whole year regarding this. So I'm happy that Hall Hood was cool enough to respond with a direct answer.

/end thread

BrianDavion
02.01.2013 , 04:20 PM | #66
Straight from Hall Hood from a question I asked via Twitter:

It's not the answer that many people in this thread wanted, but it's an official response, and that's more than what we've gotten in a whole year regarding this. So I'm happy that Hall Hood was cool enough to respond with a direct answer.

/end thread
I don't see why this needed such an offical response honestly. obvious answer is obvious

FINNT
02.01.2013 , 05:39 PM | #67
What is obvious?

Do you mean that jedi don't get involved, except everyone else (that has more than one appearance) than Jaesa
:laser:

SithKoriandr
02.03.2013 , 09:35 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by FINNT View Post
What is obvious?

Do you mean that jedi don't get involved, except everyone else (that has more than one appearance) than Jaesa
Not all Jedi get involved. You get a couple Jedi companions who do, possibly tell on two Jedi's on Tython, and player characters who decide to go that way. Then you have all those other Jedi's who go "Sorry. One night stand sure, but no attachments"

AshlaBoga
02.03.2013 , 09:41 PM | #69

It's a cruel joke.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

DAWUSS
02.03.2013 , 10:19 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
It's a cruel joke.
One that needs to be played more often IMO