Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Triumvirate + Darth Revan and Malak vs the Sith Emperor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith Triumvirate + Darth Revan and Malak vs the Sith Emperor

Path-x
01.31.2013 , 04:41 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I feel as if Meetra killing the Emperor via a lightsaber throw being a rather...anti climatic ending
Actually that would be a good death. Some "Hollywood style" death at the end of overinflated final epic battle is just cheap, common and boring to me. I love how Emperor was killed in ROTJ. Unexpected, brutally realistic and original. Vader picked him up and threw him into the reactor shaft.

Speaking of that, wouldn't killing the Emperor stopped his attack anyway thus saving Revan aswell and killing the Emperor? Just throwing that out there.
Yes it would. And that makes the throw even more stupid. It should have been a kill.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Wolfninjajedi
02.01.2013 , 09:46 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
Actually that would be a good death. Some "Hollywood style" death at the end of overinflated final epic battle is just cheap, common and boring to me. I love how Emperor was killed in ROTJ. Unexpected, brutally realistic and original. Vader picked him up and threw him into the reactor shaft.

Yes it would. And that makes the throw even more stupid. It should have been a kill.
Its not that I wouldn't have minded it, but....wouldn't the Emperor ya know, see a blade being thrown right at him or sense it and avoid? Am pretty sure he isn't stupid or blind, unless he was focusing all his attention on Revan...though there is a slight difference between the two deaths. Vader just went up to Palpatine, and picked him up...wouldn't throwing a lightsaber take time to actually hit the person? Now this is where, I see the flaw being the Emperor would have a small window to dodge or w/e.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
02.01.2013 , 11:50 AM | #53
I feel as if Meetra killing the Emperor via a lightsaber throw being a rather...anti climatic ending, I mean sure there have been worse deaths then that but...I mean I just dunno. Speaking of that, wouldn't killing the Emperor stopped his attack anyway thus saving Revan aswell and killing the Emperor? Just throwing that out there.
Well the way I see it, Meetra saw the Emperor about to kill Revan, who she had an emotional attachment to and saw it as her duty as a Jedi to protect. It such a way her purely instinctive action would be to deflect the blow. I doubt she even considered in that split second, throwing her lightsaber at the Emperor himself. So in a sense it wasn't a choice, just an instinctive action based on her subconscious persona.

Alternatively maybe she just didn't realise that the attack could have killed the Emperor, maybe she thought he would deflect/dodge it and then kill Revan.

Darkondo
02.01.2013 , 02:50 PM | #54
Its not that I wouldn't have minded it, but....wouldn't the Emperor ya know, see a blade being thrown right at him or sense it and avoid? Am pretty sure he isn't stupid or blind, unless he was focusing all his attention on Revan...though there is a slight difference between the two deaths. Vader just went up to Palpatine, and picked him up...wouldn't throwing a lightsaber take time to actually hit the person? Now this is where, I see the flaw being the Emperor would have a small window to dodge or w/e.
Thats just it, he cant sense Meetra or her attack, she's a wound in the force.

Beniboybling
02.01.2013 , 02:59 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkondo View Post
Good point, I forgot about.

Wolfninjajedi
02.01.2013 , 04:22 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkondo View Post
Still? Didn't she stop being one at some point?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
02.01.2013 , 05:26 PM | #57
Still? Didn't she stop being one at some point?
One does not simply 'stop' being a wound in the Force. Wounds in the Force cannot be filled.

Surinen
02.01.2013 , 06:55 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well the way I see it, Meetra saw the Emperor about to kill Revan, who she had an emotional attachment to and saw it as her duty as a Jedi to protect. It such a way her purely instinctive action would be to deflect the blow. I doubt she even considered in that split second, throwing her lightsaber at the Emperor himself. So in a sense it wasn't a choice, just an instinctive action based on her subconscious persona.

Alternatively maybe she just didn't realise that the attack could have killed the Emperor, maybe she thought he would deflect/dodge it and then kill Revan.
Lord Emperor would catch a lightsaber with his teeth and spit blaster projectiles into Revan. Considering how many paradoxes Revan book has, I say, Lord Emperor would wipe all of them at once and then he would make a new cape for Lord Scourge
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Aurbere
02.01.2013 , 06:58 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
Lord Emperor would catch a lightsaber with his teeth and spit blaster projectiles into Revan. Considering how many paradoxes Revan book has, I say, Lord Emperor would wipe all of them at once and then he would make a new cape for Lord Scourge
Um... I have never seen anyone catch a lightsaber with their mouth and proceed to spit blaster bolts at them.

But keep telling yourself that.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Surinen
02.01.2013 , 07:10 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Um... I have never seen anyone catch a lightsaber with their mouth and proceed to spit blaster bolts at them.

But keep telling yourself that.
Of course you have not, simply because this part of Lord Emperor's abilities is still in production. Lord Emperor was also able to drink plasma from lightsabers and then transfer it under his finger nails to create legendary technique " Tenth blade of Korriban " - "tenth" because the final move was always a strike with a right thumb into eye socket.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.