Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augmentation Slots and the GTN

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Augmentation Slots and the GTN

Xinjadu
01.31.2013 , 01:29 PM | #1
This has undoubtedly been posted before - but there is currently no way to tell when looking at a piece on the GTN whether an augmentation slot is genuine of simply an MK-I. People have started to realise this as well and unprincipled sellers are adding MK-I slots to their gear and passing them off (in terms of pricing) as genuine crafting crits.

To fix this scam we simply need to see the difference between a genuine augment slot and one that has been added via a kit.

Dassvidanja
01.31.2013 , 02:31 PM | #2
If memory serves correctly; if you physically add an augment slot to an item it binds it to you. The rest should be pretty easy to work out.

Xinjadu
01.31.2013 , 02:36 PM | #3
So I thought - but I just purchased a pair of leggings (Augmented). when I went to add an augment to them it turned out that it was an MK-I slot. Maybe there is a way to get around the BoP rule.

tglass
01.31.2013 , 03:16 PM | #4
They could have been augmented by critting when crafted. When this happens the augment slot will be appropriate to whatever level requirement the gear has. Meaning if it's a low level Orange shell that only requires level 60 armormech to craft, it will have a MK-1 slot. Don't know the exact item levels needed for each MK level, but I hope this makes enough sense.
Darganon: JOINT COMMAND
PAXDOMINUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Xinjadu
01.31.2013 , 03:23 PM | #5
When you crit something during crafting the augment slot is open to whatever you want in there I believe - it is not level subservient. The only time you see MK rating is when the slot is added to non-crit gear after that fact. At least this has been my impression.

NarikoGW
01.31.2013 , 03:27 PM | #6
The augment slot is rated by lvl of gear crafted. The higher the lvl the higher the MK rating is.lvl 48-50 will get you a MK-6 rating.

Zuuf
01.31.2013 , 05:14 PM | #7
OP is missing an important detail. Difficult to tell if this is working as intended or actually a bug that needs to be addressed. If the blue you bought from the GTN was in the 9-16 item level range, then it should have the equivalent of an MK-1 augmentation slot if the crafter got a critical proc when it was made.

If it has an item level of 17 or higher than it should either have higher than an MK-1 or not be able to be sold on the GTN.

9-16 Grade 1 Augmentation Slot Component MK-1
17-25 Grade 2 Augmentation Slot Component MK-2
26-30 Grade 3 Augmentation Slot Component MK-3
31-40 Grade 4 Augmentation Slot Component MK-4
41-46 Grade 5 Augmentation Slot Component MK-5
47-50 Grade 6 Augmentation Slot Component MK-6

Stoofa
01.31.2013 , 07:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zuuf View Post
OP is missing an important detail. Difficult to tell if this is working as intended or actually a bug that needs to be addressed. If the blue you bought from the GTN was in the 9-16 item level range, then it should have the equivalent of an MK-1 augmentation slot if the crafter got a critical proc when it was made.

If it has an item level of 17 or higher than it should either have higher than an MK-1 or not be able to be sold on the GTN.

9-16 Grade 1 Augmentation Slot Component MK-1
17-25 Grade 2 Augmentation Slot Component MK-2
26-30 Grade 3 Augmentation Slot Component MK-3
31-40 Grade 4 Augmentation Slot Component MK-4
41-46 Grade 5 Augmentation Slot Component MK-5
47-50 Grade 6 Augmentation Slot Component MK-6
What makes you think this isn't working as intended? Or were you thinking that any crit crafted item should add a Mk6 slot?

Xinjadu
02.01.2013 , 11:06 AM | #9
I am going to have to withdraw my complaint here - I did some experimentation. Prior to the introduction of MK levelled augmentation slots a crafting crit added a non-levelled slot. turns out that now that the slots ARE levelled so are the crits. I performed some experimentation on my side and found that indeed a lvl 25 heavy armour belt crit ended up with an MK-III slot, not a non-levelled slot.

To those that mentioned earlier in this thread that this was indeed the way it works now - hat's off: you were right.

Hopefully this will put the thread to bed. I cannot say for certain whether or not this was an intended change on Bioware's part, but I can say that this is indeed how it works. You cannot tell slot level from the GTN simply because they are all the same: MK levelled.

This said, it would be great if we could actually see the slot level in the GTN, simply for reasons of convenience (convenience purely though, as one can easily figure it out).

Zuuf
02.01.2013 , 04:34 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
What makes you think this isn't working as intended? Or were you thinking that any crit crafted item should add a Mk6 slot?
Since the OP didn't give the specific level of the piece of gear, it is impossible to determine if he was encountering a bug or it was working as intended. i.e. if the blue piece of gear he purchased was lvl 15, it should have an MK-1 if the crafter crit when making it. If the item is a lvl 50 blue piece of gear than it should be an MK-6.
Those conditions are working as intended.

If the item is a lvl 50 blue piece of gear and it has an MK-1 augmentation slot, then this is a bug and needs to be fixed.