Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where are these 'ultra powerful low timer cooldowns' you speak of?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Where are these 'ultra powerful low timer cooldowns' you speak of?

schnopsnosn
02.01.2013 , 09:41 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
I have to disagree with you on the Force Cloak, in no way does it qualify as a defensive CD. You can count it as an advantage/exploit to get a medpack CD back or to circumvent the BR limit by doing an out of combat rez all you want, but it does not provide you with a buff to help you immediately relieve incoming pressure without compromising the raid itself. Listing Force Cloak as something good to use is exactly the line of thought that got Assassin tanks a bad name in my old guild and throughout my old server because some ******s thought it would be a good idea to actively use it (some serious and some because they thought it was funny)....

The rest though I agree with, the three CDs of the Assassin are Force Shroud, Deflection and OS with the main short CD is Dark Ward, and expert use of FS and Deflection makes for incredible results compared to the other tank classes in the same situation.
It can be very useful.
Let's take the Dread Guards in Asation HM for example, when Kel'Sara casts Force Leech and you still have the probes on yourself from your Op/Scoundrel healer, FC will put a debuff on you that grants you almost 0 healing and you immediately lose aggro, you can then proceed to just click those probes away and step back in.

KeyboardNinja
02.01.2013 , 11:13 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
It can be very useful.
Let's take the Dread Guards in Asation HM for example, when Kel'Sara casts Force Leech and you still have the probes on yourself from your Op/Scoundrel healer, FC will put a debuff on you that grants you almost 0 healing and you immediately lose aggro, you can then proceed to just click those probes away and step back in.
Force Shroud gives you 100% protection against the "death by healing" phenomenon. When I run with shadow tanks in this fight, I usually tell them to pop it as soon as Force Leech lands, just to cover healing mistakes. It also gives them time to click off HoTs and what-not.

The problem with using Force Cloak is the cooldown is too long to use at every Force Leech, whereas Force Shroud will always be up.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

schnopsnosn
02.01.2013 , 11:18 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Force Shroud gives you 100% protection against the "death by healing" phenomenon. When I run with shadow tanks in this fight, I usually tell them to pop it as soon as Force Leech lands, just to cover healing mistakes. It also gives them time to click off HoTs and what-not.

The problem with using Force Cloak is the cooldown is too long to use at every Force Leech, whereas Force Shroud will always be up.
Didn't know that, good to know.
However it's still an additional cooldown for this fight.

wetslampigduex
02.01.2013 , 12:13 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
Didn't know that, good to know.
However it's still an additional cooldown for this fight.
Can also be used on withering horror to bypass the little adds that come out.

Kitru
02.01.2013 , 02:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
Can also be used on withering horror to bypass the little adds that come out.
That's less "tanking CD" and more "cheesing the mechanic".
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.