Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What happened to neutral systems when Palpatine formed the Galactic Empire?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What happened to neutral systems when Palpatine formed the Galactic Empire?

Sith_Kingpin
01.31.2013 , 07:40 PM | #1
I know all Seperatist and Republic Star Systems joined the newly constituted Galactic Empire. But, as we know from TCW cartoon, there's many neutral systems. Mandalore alone has 2,000 neutral systems under it's command that weren't involved in the Clone Wars, and had no political allegiance to Palpatine's Seperatists or Republic.

Would most of the neutral systems remain neutral? Would they have aided the Rebellion? Or, did they join Sidious' Empire through conquest?

It'd be interesting to see a movie/TV show between the original trilogy and prequel trilogy to show the politics as well as the transformation of the Empire. Don't forget, the Seperatists had their own Senate, but it was lead by Dooku who was commanded by Palpatine.

The neutrals had no agendas, and certainly weren't involved with Chancellor Palpatine at all, so did all of them see the benefits and join the Empire? Or, did they secede or just defy the Emperor's dominion over the galaxy?

FoolsErrand
01.31.2013 , 09:32 PM | #2
Pretty sure Palpatine's was a "united" Empire so I'd say they either joined or "joined" (aka were taken over).
Never give up! Never surrender!

BladedDingo
01.31.2013 , 10:29 PM | #3
For the most Part, I'd say that Palpatine would have left the majority of the neutral powers be, unless they posed any direct threat to him. The Hapen consortium, Mandalorians, the Banking Clans and Trade empires.

But if EP 1 taught us anything about Palpatine, it was that he was a shrewd manipulator, and had the Trade Federation and Banking clans in the palm of his hands. It's likely that even neutral governments and powers in the galaxy where, in some form of another working alongside the empire, either through bribes, blackmail, conquest or threat of conquest.

Lord_Karsk
02.01.2013 , 02:59 AM | #4
Wish you guys would stop calling him Palpatine, his real name is Sidious.Palpatine is just his alias after he joined with the Sith lords.

Zaxem
02.01.2013 , 03:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Wish you guys would stop calling him Palpatine, his real name is Sidious.Palpatine is just his alias after he joined with the Sith lords.
i'll call him palpatine all i wants!!!!!!
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

AlexDougherty
02.01.2013 , 06:24 AM | #6
I think Palpatine was his real name, the one he was born with, Sidious was his Sith name. It's a bit like Anakin Skywalker becoming Darth Vader, and when Vader became Dark Lord of the Sith, it technically annulled Sidious's status as a Sith. And in the books and movies he is refered to as Emperor Palpatine, when they mention his name at all.

In the books, as I recall, most of the neutral systems were conquered by the empire, Palpatine concentrated on the problem or valuable systems first, but he went after everything.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Maniacraid
02.01.2013 , 07:26 AM | #7
No. His name is Palpatine. He's a native from Naboo, and Palpatine is/was his surname. He decided at a young age to go only by his surname and not his given first name which to this day is still unknown. For example he could have been named John Palpatine, and decided to drop John.

After he joined with Darth Plagueis, and became his apprentice did he become Darth Sidious.

johnhughthom
02.01.2013 , 07:26 AM | #8
Yes, Palpatine was his birth name, he became Sidious when Plaguies made him his apprentice.

edit: Beat me to it, Maniacraid.

Maniacraid
02.01.2013 , 07:31 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
Yes, Palpatine was his birth name, he became Sidious when Plaguies made him his apprentice.

edit: Beat me to it, Maniacraid.
Yeah, but Alex beat me to it. Heh

psandak
02.01.2013 , 09:06 AM | #10
WRONG! So Anakin Skywalker's real name is Darth Vader. That's news to his mother Shmi Skywalker And Count Dooku's real name is Darth Tyranus. How did the Jedi Order let that get through . Like all Sith lords, Palpatine's master (Hego Damask AKA Darth Plagueis) gave him the name Darth Sidious.