Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Client Crashing at end of Esseles/Black Talon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Client Crashing at end of Esseles/Black Talon
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chiramu
02.01.2013 , 04:40 AM | #1
Ok, for every other flashpoint I don't have this trouble only this one. It's getting quite annoying, especially when you're grouped with bad players and you're doing the fp for the commendations at the end only to find that you can't complete the fp because everyone completed the quest while you were restarting your client again.
Actually, that's the only time when this is a real piss off. Normally with a good group this isn't that annoying. But bad players just exacerbate the situation.

Again, I've had no problems with my client crashing while doing anything else. Just the the end of this fp.

Could we get a fix here? Usually my client crashes when they make the jump to lightspeed.

Beesodd
02.01.2013 , 04:46 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Chiramu,

We are aware of this issue, and are sorry for the inconvenience caused by it. While we're workin on it, a workaround that can help is to tab to desktop for 20-30 seconds just before the offending sequence plays.

Thanks for the report, and sorry for the inconvience caused.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

OwenBrooks
02.01.2013 , 04:47 AM | #3
This is a known issue for some,

Two possible workarounds, lower your gfx settings to low and untick bloom etc prior to travel then reset to normal settings after travel completes.

Failing that minimize the game during the hyperspace travel and maixize again after say 20-30 seconds and travel has completed.

Edit- beaten too it but missed one possible workaround

Beesodd
02.01.2013 , 04:54 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Indeed. The bloom one is generally more useful for players who are having crashes with hyperspace jumps on their ship (usually when going to mission-specific ships/stations), but it's always best to include as much information as possible ofc.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Chiramu
02.01.2013 , 01:57 PM | #5
I can travel from planet to planet while watching my own ship go into hyperspace. It's just that flashpoints lightspeed that does my client in :<.

The only thing I had to do to my graphics to make it play better was reduce my shadows to low instead of high. My play speed is quite fast.