Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

T-Assassin
01.31.2013 , 03:54 PM | #961
page 3 is unaaceptable. especially, after that stupid OW marauder video.

Class balance in MMOs with PvP is always a hot topic – how do you and your team approach it?

Lots of feedback from players, lots of theorycrafting, and a lot of playtesting. We feel like for the most part our class balance is pretty good, but it will never be perfect. We will always strive for better balance and making the classes more enjoyable, though it is a never-ending process of improvement.

"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

cashogy_reborn
01.31.2013 , 03:56 PM | #962
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
page 3 is unaaceptable. especially, after that stupid OW marauder video.

Class balance in MMOs with PvP is always a hot topic – how do you and your team approach it?

Lots of feedback from players, lots of theorycrafting, and a lot of playtesting. We feel like for the most part our class balance is pretty good, but it will never be perfect. We will always strive for better balance and making the classes more enjoyable, though it is a never-ending process of improvement.

ugh, that quote almost makes me want to drive to austin and gibbs-slap that man. almost....
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

toesterman
01.31.2013 , 04:10 PM | #963
Here are some of my personal achievements as a commando. Althought i dont necesarrily see anything wrong, i am on the same boat as you guys. Commando DPS in pvp, is subpar compared to every other class. NO defensive manuverabilty what so ever.

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user.../library/swtor

Henu
01.31.2013 , 04:58 PM | #964
Quote: Originally Posted by toesterman View Post
Here are some of my personal achievements as a commando. Althought i dont necesarrily see anything wrong, i am on the same boat as you guys. Commando DPS in pvp, is subpar compared to every other class. NO defensive manuverabilty what so ever.

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user.../library/swtor
Its not DPS its manuverabilty.

try limit your abilities, eg on my Arsenal i use TM and unload as my ONLY cast/channel abilities, this frees me up to move around more. Try relying on HSM, sticky nade, rocket, rail shot and RAPID FIRE (heaps of players dont use this as much)
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

Kajuana
01.31.2013 , 10:10 PM | #965
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
Its not DPS its manuverabilty.
^
Commando DPS is fine.
It's their ability to have the slightest chance to survive wet noodle attacks that needs looking into.
The STILLWATER Legacy @ LAST BASTION
Kajuana 55 SHADOW, Katherina 50 SENTINEL, Shadowraith 50 SCOUNDREL, Kyhina 50 COMMANDO

Macroeconomics
01.31.2013 , 11:03 PM | #966
Quote: Originally Posted by Kajuana View Post
^
Commando DPS is fine.
It's their ability to have the slightest chance to survive wet noodle attacks that needs looking into.
No, even in high survivability environments like a static Voidstar (0-0), where death is rare, the top melee dps will score about 50% greater damage than a Merc dps. Sorc/Sage dps is about 25% higher. Even operative dps is about 10% higher. Merc dps damage output sucks at the top skill levels. And it has the lowest survivability. And the lowest utility.

TheOgJediCouncil
02.01.2013 , 12:35 AM | #967
this is a really good post filled with great ideas for mercs. nice job

Individual
02.01.2013 , 02:25 AM | #968
would be nice if powershot was an instant cast and worked like flameburst.

NoTomorrow
02.01.2013 , 03:17 AM | #969
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
would be nice if powershot was an instant cast and worked like flameburst.
you could use something that would proc an isntant shot once in a while, like we snipers have snap shot for instacast snipes.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Amebia
02.01.2013 , 04:37 AM | #970
For some reason it feels like other classes have vested interests in the most likely upcoming commando buffs.
(Scratches head) points to the Hk portrait