Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stealth Detection greater than standard agro range.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Stealth Detection greater than standard agro range.

DataBeaver
01.30.2013 , 04:43 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Hovergame View Post
I forgot to answer

There are some entities in the Expanded star Wars universe who can detetct force users before seeing them.
Epic Fail, try again.
Yeah, I'm certain bog-standard Imperial soldiers belong to that group of entities. Surely it also makes sense that they can also detect a scoundrel, a class that doesn't use force? And why don't they attack non-stealthed force users at the same range?

mastirkal
01.30.2013 , 09:32 AM | #22
I forgot to answer

There are some entities in the Expanded star Wars universe who can detetct force users before seeing them.
Epic Fail, try again.
You didn't forget. I reported it and it was deleted just like your last two posts. You are rude and you use the same fallacy. It doesn't make sense from a mechanical stand point and it doesn't make sense that you would see a stealthed character better than someone in plain sight. the Agro range should be exactly the same, the fact that it is bigger is ridiculous.

Hovergame
01.31.2013 , 08:44 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
You didn't forget. I reported it and it was deleted just like your last two posts. You are rude and you use the same fallacy. It doesn't make sense from a mechanical stand point and it doesn't make sense that you would see a stealthed character better than someone in plain sight. the Agro range should be exactly the same, the fact that it is bigger is ridiculous.
Ok. since you are so happy, CONGRATULATIONS ! GG MAN, YOU ARE SO GREAT
If, to you, it doesn't make sense, it just shows that you DON'T UNDERSTAND. Nothing more, nothing else and yes, to me it makes sense that some rare individuals, have a better "perception" of stealth.

Again, a character in plain sight ---> agro. If not, you are "too far" and the mob doesn't SEE you. Yes, even if you are at 5m, with a gun, dancing and chatting with your team, he doesn't see you. The agro in this situation is related to VISION. But once you are stealthed, the agro range isn't related to vision anymore, and why on Earth should it be the same ? Do you SEE and EAR at the same distance ? Do you smell things at the same distance ?

This will be my last post in this thread, I'm feeling like it I was trying to explain something to a 4 year old child shouting "NO YOU ARE WRONG".

Gidien
01.31.2013 , 10:02 PM | #24
Ok. since you are so happy, CONGRATULATIONS ! GG MAN, YOU ARE SO GREAT
If, to you, it doesn't make sense, it just shows that you DON'T UNDERSTAND. Nothing more, nothing else and yes, to me it makes sense that some rare individuals, have a better "perception" of stealth.

Again, a character in plain sight ---> agro. If not, you are "too far" and the mob doesn't SEE you. Yes, even if you are at 5m, with a gun, dancing and chatting with your team, he doesn't see you. The agro in this situation is related to VISION. But once you are stealthed, the agro range isn't related to vision anymore, and why on Earth should it be the same ? Do you SEE and EAR at the same distance ? Do you smell things at the same distance ?

This will be my last post in this thread, I'm feeling like it I was trying to explain something to a 4 year old child shouting "NO YOU ARE WRONG".
Probably because to 90+% of the MMORPG population you are wrong. As a stealther I am not supposed to be able to use one of my primary skills in my class missions because we don't want people stealthing by bosses/trash in other content
Gidien
Misfit Squad--Misfit Brotherhood
Jedi Covenant