Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gav Daragon is a ROLE PLAYING server Mkay?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Gav Daragon
Gav Daragon is a ROLE PLAYING server Mkay?

Kirjalax
01.31.2013 , 09:03 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
I've seen this mentioned a lot and we're starting to encourage people to RP more openly but again, it comes back to my original post. People aren't likely to RP if people are going to follow them around and keep dropping party bombs on them. The event we were running for example was taking place on the Temple forecourt on Tython, but we had to move it to inside in a tucked away location to avoid these people.
Ok maybe there is an obvious negative to this answer, and it may not be ideal even if not, but what about the possibility of an RP guild on Gav Daragon? You are immune from people trolling you, you can RP full time on the server if you want, and other 'shy' RP types might be more comfortable joining, knowing that they won't be trolled by non-RP'ers?

Group size would not be limited, and people could come and go from your guild depending on situation or desire.

Have you considered that as one alternative to the issue?

Admiral_Petty
01.31.2013 , 09:06 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
How is that not rolepaly? Does it say that roleplaying cannot be about sex addiction? Who makes the rules? You?Allie? the person who wants to Roleplay Sir Humpsalot?

As for RPers harassing PvPers, that is something I would like to see
While you can roleplay however you want, if you were really serious about the issue of sex addiction, your character would not be named Sir Humpsalot(seeing as how people with this issue don't have hump based names). I honestly don't care if your player name is really Sir Humpsalot, but don't try and hide a juvenile name behind rp, because that is just a bad example.

But I will restate, if you roll a character with a juvenile name on an RP server, it won't really bother me, but the name would still be juvenile

Ailie
01.31.2013 , 09:10 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirjalax View Post
Ok maybe there is an obvious negative to this answer, and it may not be idea even if not, but what about the possibility of an RP guild on Gav Daragon? You are immune from people trolling you, you can RP full time on the server if you want, and other 'shy' RP types might be more comfortable joining, knowing that they won't be trolled by non-RP'ers?

Group size would not be limited, and people could come and go from your guild depending on situation or desire.

Have you considered that as one alternative to the issue?
I'm... not quite sure I'm understanding your suggestion. I am in an RP guild, it does nothing to stop trolling at all. Yes you can chat in guild chat but this would then limit yourself to only your guild members and only that faction. It wouldn't stop people continually parking a Tirsa Elite on your head whilst trying to enact an information exchange...

Or are you suggesting something else?
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

Kirjalax
01.31.2013 , 09:15 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
I'm... not quite sure I'm understanding your suggestion. I am in an RP guild, it does nothing to stop trolling at all. Yes you can chat in guild chat but this would then limit yourself to only your guild members and only that faction. It wouldn't stop people continually parking a Tirsa Elite on your head whilst trying to enact an information exchange...

Or are you suggesting something else?
Ok fair enough. I was thinking purely about chat related trolling. I didn't consider people randomly interjecting themselves visually in your RP.

I assume this is not a solution which is valid here, but one way ironically might be if you were in an open world PvP situation, your entire RP group could attack any interlopers. If you had 20-30+ people all attacking at once, i'd think you would be able to protect yourself from that sort of behavior and continue in peace. Could add some realism to the RP?

Ailie
01.31.2013 , 09:19 PM | #55
You know funnily enough, we have toyed with the idea of having a bounty board, but ultimately it doesn't do much but inflame the situation. It would honestly just be a whole lot nicer if we could report these people and they actually get kicked off the server. There are a couple of trolls that I know have been reported dozens of times by dozens of people and they're still there, running around abusing people. Some seem to have made it their goal in the game to harrass others, for whatever reason, but the only way to stop it is to turf them off the server.

sankalp
01.31.2013 , 09:24 PM | #56
Where are the good people of MDN supposed to go if the servers are not merged. I will propose all of them to move to a well supported APAC server so that they can have a bit of fun too rather than remain on an empty server. Now which APAC server has the best community?

Ailie
01.31.2013 , 09:30 PM | #57
Where are the good people of MDN supposed to go if the servers are not merged. I will propose all of them to move to a well supported APAC server so that they can have a bit of fun too rather than remain on an empty server. Now which APAC server has the best community?
Well, of course I'm biased but our guild does actually have a handful of players who re-rolled on Gav and love it.

Ultimately it'll depend on what you're looking for

I really do hope they do something for Master D because from what I've heard it's dire over there, I'm just comfy in my little nest that I've fluffed out and want to stay put

Amlici
01.31.2013 , 09:35 PM | #58
Gav seems to have got some re-rolls from Dalborra too because you guys have a better population than us now Dalborra is full of trolls now aswell.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Leopagne
01.31.2013 , 09:36 PM | #59
Why was the post unnecessary? because I don't conform to your rules?

Also, you cannot get anyone out of any server. The server is not your personal domain. Please respect others opinions if you want others to respect yours.
I wish I could find amusement in the experience that people who throw around the word "respect" the most, are often the least likely to use it themselves.

Kirjalax
01.31.2013 , 09:43 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Amlici View Post
Gav seems to have got some re-rolls from Dalborra too because you guys have a better population than us now Dalborra is full of trolls now aswell.
Did a little bit of PvP on Gav last night and I was literally entering as soon as I hit the 'join queue' button. Recently - to me - the population there does seem to have picked up noticeably.