Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gav Daragon is a ROLE PLAYING server Mkay?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Gav Daragon
Gav Daragon is a ROLE PLAYING server Mkay?

Dwyer
01.31.2013 , 06:32 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by MyPetMonkey View Post
However the background to Ailie is that they are a big fish on a very little server and their real goal is to somehow have BW not fix population issues in APAC and leave a server with only 300 people on it at peak times just for their own benefit.

I've rolled on Gav and Dalborra and Master Darnala.... Immature issues are minor (in fact minuscule) on APAC and its very easy to ignore.

And Ailie seriously is one for over exaggeration when it comes to these occurrences. Ailie is very fragile and has the opinion if you run on a pvp server you're a lowbie ganker and if you're a pve server player you're some pre-pubescent teen however if you RP then you are some superior being of above average intellect and breeding.

Gav Daragon is hardly a cesspool of filth. The OP seriously needs to buy a bag of concrete and harden the **** up.
Ahh, fair enough. I don't have any prior experience with Ailie, so I assumed this was more of a common occurrence on the server in question. If it's the little things in question, those battles are typically not worth fighting.

sankalp
01.31.2013 , 07:00 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
While this post was unneccesary, it is nice of you to give us an example of the kind of players the OP was talking about.

We already know what your opinions are, the issue at hand is getting you out of the RP server.
Why was the post unnecessary? because I don't conform to your rules?

Also, you cannot get anyone out of any server. The server is not your personal domain. Please respect others opinions if you want others to respect yours.

sankalp
01.31.2013 , 07:03 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRavenous View Post
Then I would gently suggest to that person that Roleplay doesn't need to center around their sex organ.

A person with a sex addiction problem falls to the Dark Side and renames himself Sir Humpsalot? That's not roleplay. That's not even imagination. Its just a really dumb roleplay premise.

That person better enjoy Roleplaying solo, because its the only Roleplay they'll get. Unless they find other deviants like them, which sadly, happens more often than you would think.

Roleplayers have every right to be upset about people harassing them on a Roleplay server for Roleplaying. The PvPers would be up in arms, baying for blood, if Roleplayers started rolling on PvP servers and harassed PvPers for PvPing.

Respect. You have to give it in order to get it back.
How is that not rolepaly? Does it say that roleplaying cannot be about sex addiction? Who makes the rules? You?Allie? the person who wants to Roleplay Sir Humpsalot?

As for RPers harassing PvPers, that is something I would like to see

LogicalPremise
01.31.2013 , 08:21 PM | #44
Who cares?

No, seriously. If I was on an RP server, then I'm only paying attention to the people RPing. I could care less what some foolish name someone picks.

There is a VAST difference between picking a name (and acting silly) and being a d-bag and trying to deliberately ruin someone else's RP.

If the OP is saying they are trying to run RP events that are announced and people disrupt them, I can't see how that is ever a good thing or should be excused.

If the OP is saying they should not have to put up with anyone who doesn't RP the way they do, then they need to get down off their high horse.

Finally, if the OP is saying you can't have a name like Captain Jack Arrow or Kone'An the Destroyer because it's disruptive, then I laugh and ignore.
Majynn, L65 Sorc - Harbinger
Garadan, L58 Jugg- Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op - Harbinger
Tradius Ahern, L65 Gunslinger - BB&B- Harbinger

Ailie
01.31.2013 , 08:42 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by MyPetMonkey View Post
However the background to Ailie is that they are a big fish on a very little server and their real goal is to somehow have BW not fix population issues in APAC and leave a server with only 300 people on it at peak times just for their own benefit.

I've rolled on Gav and Dalborra and Master Darnala.... Immature issues are minor (in fact minuscule) on APAC and its very easy to ignore.

And Ailie seriously is one for over exaggeration when it comes to these occurrences. Ailie is very fragile and has the opinion if you run on a pvp server you're a lowbie ganker and if you're a pve server player you're some pre-pubescent teen however if you RP then you are some superior being of above average intellect and breeding.

Gav Daragon is hardly a cesspool of filth. The OP seriously needs to buy a bag of concrete and harden the **** up.
Excuse me? Do I even know you? Please, love to know what nerve I hit somewhere along the line.

Look regardless of what people THINK I did this post for, I posted it purely because I was angry at some immature little pissants who clearly picked the wrong server to play on. Whether it was intention or not, I don't care, it's not the point. If it was, it's even more reason to have them punished for intentional griefing rather than just being a ******.

So no, there were no alterior motives to making this thread other than to
a. point out to people that this is an RP server
b. perhaps suggest to Bioware that additional rules or attention needs to be placed on controlling harrassment

That's it, sorry to burst all your bubbles. Honestly, talk about a complete over reaction and taking a thread totally off tangent and into a personal issue.

As for all the other merger stuff, no I don't want the servers merged. I'm entitled to that opinion and frankly, I'm also entitled to fight to keep the servers as they are, just like everyone else is entitled to fight for the mergers. Coincidently, I don't have any issues with the server pop at all, I have more than enough people to play with, if others do sorry but it's not really my problem. Others trying to get the servers merged and possibly disrupt my enjoyment of the game IS my problem and I choose to fight it. Again, sorry if that bursts anyone's bubble.
Meh...

iFruit
01.31.2013 , 08:42 PM | #46
Hey, what about RPiing on a normal server? May I please be allowed to troll a madman who calls all charachters with red eyes a bunch of ******es on General chat?
<PLAYER NOT FOUND>

Kirjalax
01.31.2013 , 08:46 PM | #47
I can sympathize with the sentiments of the OP.

However, I have been on the Gav Daragon a decent number of hours over the last couple of months, and while it is an RP server, not once in that entire time have I ever seen ('overheard'), anybody RP'ing.

The closest anyone gets to RP is to stand around jumping and dancing, while making random emotes. The vast majority of talk is just people asking LFG's for flashpoints.

People are surprisingly well behaved though. I've only ever seen one person mouthing off, and they were shut down very quickly.

EDIT: To be fair, though, given it is an RP server, I agree that people should RP in peace if they choose to do so.

Ailie
01.31.2013 , 08:48 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicalPremise View Post
If the OP is saying they are trying to run RP events that are announced and people disrupt them, I can't see how that is ever a good thing or should be excused.
Exactly

Quote:
If the OP is saying they should not have to put up with anyone who doesn't RP the way they do, then they need to get down off their high horse.
Not at all, I honestly don't get where this came from. I'm complaining about people who have no respect for RPers on RP servers, that's it.

Quote:
Finally, if the OP is saying you can't have a name like Captain Jack Arrow or Kone'An the Destroyer because it's disruptive, then I laugh and ignore.
Ahhh no, but there are certainly limits on names. The examples you gave make perfect sense, calling your characters Twatsicle or Titsorgtfo is just stupid let alone any conotations with RP.
Meh...

Ailie
01.31.2013 , 08:53 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Dwyer View Post
Ahh, fair enough. I don't have any prior experience with Ailie, so I assumed this was more of a common occurrence on the server in question. If it's the little things in question, those battles are typically not worth fighting.
No, you don't have any prior experience with me. Although I do find it amusing that you'd choose to trust the word of a random forum poster than the person themselves when making judgements on character.
Meh...

Ailie
01.31.2013 , 08:58 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirjalax View Post
I can sympathize with the sentiments of the OP.

However, I have been on the Gav Daragon a decent number of hours over the last couple of months, and while it is an RP server, not once in that entire time have I ever seen ('overheard'), anybody RP'ing.

The closest anyone gets to RP is to stand around jumping and dancing, while making random emotes. The vast majority of talk is just people asking LFG's for flashpoints.

People are surprisingly well behaved though. I've only ever seen one person mouthing off, and they were shut down very quickly.

EDIT: To be fair, though, given it is an RP server, I agree that people should RP in peace if they choose to do so.
:/ Not sure how to respond to this except to say, a lot of RP happens that is not out there for everyone to see. Without chat bubbles etc it's often hard to RP in populated areas because the chat boxes just move so fast so we do tend to find a nice quiet corner, turn off general and off we go.

I've seen this mentioned a lot and we're starting to encourage people to RP more openly but again, it comes back to my original post. People aren't likely to RP if people are going to follow them around and keep dropping party bombs on them. The event we were running for example was taking place on the Temple forecourt on Tython, but we had to move it to inside in a tucked away location to avoid these people. It's a pretty sad state of affairs when RPers feel like they can't RP openly on a server designed to allow them to do so.
Meh...