Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

My oprative healer class tips?

baskboy's Avatar


baskboy
01.29.2013 , 09:49 AM | #1
Hello all
I got my oprative to level 50 few weeks ago.
Got him geared up now. See my gear/build here
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...1-dccfc3188cb9

My qeustion: i see have been checking a lot of opratives on the fleet and seen differt gear builds (pve)
Some have 40/50% crit rating with 70/80% surge rating.

So my qeustion is is my build correct? What i understand to high crit rating have negative effects?
Any tips

Ps. I am going to get the dread guard of boundless ages

Mookind's Avatar


Mookind
01.29.2013 , 04:23 PM | #2
250 crit, rest power

Once u pass 250 surge it isn't that great of a stat. But alacrity is never all that great of a stat so find your own balance. Plus you get a 4% activation speed from the talent. Just google the two stats for more info.

If you're all BiS you should end up with about 36-37% crit with well over 1000 tech dmg fully buffed.

For some fights you might want to drop the physical purge if you don't need it.

Also the dmg reduction talent can be swapped out with the evasion speed boost. Especially helpful for Firebrand and Stormcaller's defensive phase.

Other than that your build looks good, the trees aren't exactly filled with options for PVE

POPsi's Avatar


POPsi
01.30.2013 , 07:13 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mookind View Post
250 crit, rest power

Once u pass 250 surge it isn't that great of a stat. But alacrity is never all that great of a stat so find your own balance. Plus you get a 4% activation speed from the talent. Just google the two stats for more info.

If you're all BiS you should end up with about 36-37% crit with well over 1000 tech dmg fully buffed.

For some fights you might want to drop the physical purge if you don't need it.

Also the dmg reduction talent can be swapped out with the evasion speed boost. Especially helpful for Firebrand and Stormcaller's defensive phase.

Other than that your build looks good, the trees aren't exactly filled with options for PVE
probably a typo there, but:


Get 350ish crit rating then stack Power
Get 250ish surge rating, and then can get some alacrity.

As of now, you crit is a bit low, and your surge is too high. For set bonuses the ideal is the pvp-pve 2-2 set-bonus, but without battlemaster gear it is hard to get.

As a reference: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...14&postcount=3

Plus BiS build: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...0-b183ad13d690

nocte_aeterna's Avatar


nocte_aeterna
01.31.2013 , 05:28 PM | #4
I don't typically heal the harder endgame raids (HM EC/TFB), but this is my Operative's healing build and I get by healing everything else very well: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...d-7c577b39d9ab

^That is mostly 61 rating gear (Black Hole), which is where you'll be aiming before diving into the hard stuff.

I like stacking Cunning/Power > Crit/Surge over Alacrity, because I don't like Alacrity on my gear (outside of PvP healing). Granted, I do use the +4% Alacrity trait from the Lethality tree. My overall suggestion would be to play around with different mods if you can afford swapping things around, and find a build that suits you and your playstyle.
Ixira - Meilin <The Inebriati>
Sylani - Aranoreth <Tainted>

CaptainApop's Avatar


CaptainApop
01.31.2013 , 06:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by baskboy View Post
What i understand to high crit rating have negative effects?
Basically the more crit you have the less power you get, assuming you have all the right (lower endurance) mods and enhancements.
As there is a diminishing return on crit rating the more you have of it the less each point is worth. So having tons and tons of crit rating gives you less healing per second than if you had swapped to power at some point.

I aim at the 350 area. Here's a graph
http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/03/c...al-hit-chance/

As for surge/alacrity. If you're healing 8mans or any content you cast a fair bit in get a balance of the two in current endgame gear. 300 or so surge will be well into diminished territory.
For pvp or maybe 16m (no real experience here) where you find yourself only hoting and surgical probing with very little uninterupted casting then full surge might suit you better.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
01.31.2013 , 06:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by baskboy View Post
Hello all
I got my oprative to level 50 few weeks ago.
Got him geared up now. See my gear/build here
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...1-dccfc3188cb9

My qeustion: i see have been checking a lot of opratives on the fleet and seen differt gear builds (pve)
Some have 40/50% crit rating with 70/80% surge rating.

So my qeustion is is my build correct? What i understand to high crit rating have negative effects?
Any tips

Ps. I am going to get the dread guard of boundless ages
Same server

This is what I'm running. I'm working on improving it, trying to get more Bonus Healing while keep my Critical Chance and Critical Multiplier as is (though I've heard about 40% Crit Chance as well, and have been wondering about it), but it works for me. Number wise I should be able to heal most (ish) content with that set-up, the rest is skill and experience.