Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is all the cool new gear cartel exclusive?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is all the cool new gear cartel exclusive?

Goretzu
01.31.2013 , 03:30 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Free features
Look at: Vendors
That's not the same thing, SWTOR restricts non-subscribers very harshly, to the point that it isn't actually possible to play the entire game for free.

Unlike in a genuinely F2P game like PS2.

Most other MMOs be the F2P or Freemium (as SWTOR is) generally reward thier subscribers very well.......... for some reason SWTOR doesn't do this.

For example to bring the subscriber monthly dividend somewhat into line with other games they'd have to do one of the following - reduce Cashshop prices by at least 50% or increase monthly Cashshop coins by at least 100%.

There's also no way to earn Cashshop currency in game, and of course you can't buy Adventure Packs like Makeb with Cashshop currency either.

SWTOR is treats its subscribers terribly compared to other similar MMOs.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Rabelle
01.31.2013 , 04:45 AM | #52
Cool gear Cartel exclusive?

hmm.. I have yet to find anything I would want to wear in the cash shop, even if it was free.

They need to put some effort in on the gear if they want my money, everything looks crap so far.
Héx - Sorcerer The Red Eclipse

FreePrometheus
01.31.2013 , 07:10 AM | #53
I would say that they also hoped that the stuff would be introduced to the GTN by players. Which it has. The reason it cost so much credits (fake money), is because it probably cost real money in the long run.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo
my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. - Yoda

Goretzu
01.31.2013 , 09:36 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by FreePrometheus View Post
I would say that they also hoped that the stuff would be introduced to the GTN by players. Which it has. The reason it cost so much credits (fake money), is because it probably cost real money in the long run.
They idea that someone selling it on the AH means there doesn't need to be a way to get it in-game is a daft one......... one that would go down very well at any EA board meeting though I'm sure.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Mowermanx
01.31.2013 , 09:43 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabelle View Post
Cool gear Cartel exclusive?

hmm.. I have yet to find anything I would want to wear in the cash shop, even if it was free.

They need to put some effort in on the gear if they want my money, everything looks crap so far.
This.
Still waiting on decent gear.

Master-Nala
01.31.2013 , 03:28 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Sleprock View Post
The more they go in this direction, the more they are pointing people toward ESO.
The new savior game will be no more likely to satisfy fickle MMO gamers than GW2 was.
HARBINGER-60s
Alana, Myschal, Vodoun, Alan, Ztephanie

Sentinel-Jordal
01.31.2013 , 03:39 PM | #57
BW/EA want to make money so they put all nw cool itms at the Cartel Markt.
Simpl as that...
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 55
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

OldRepJedi
01.31.2013 , 04:07 PM | #58
I've only run across 3 armor sets in the market that I actually want to buy. The Jedi armor, the Sith armor and the Outlaws armor (minus the head piece). The rest is just reskinned crap.
Dendarii Mercenary Fleet
Seronia-Level 55 Juggernaut Xanshilia-Level 55 Bounty Hunter
Nyrise-Level 55 Sniper Reviasi-Level 55 Assassin
Come to the Dark Side, We have cookies

AshlaBoga
01.31.2013 , 04:13 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepJedi View Post
I've only run across 3 armor sets in the market that I actually want to buy. The Jedi armor, the Sith armor and the Outlaws armor (minus the head piece). The rest is just reskinned crap.
Yeah, I take issue with the title. Here's my response:

Why is all the Cartel Market gear UGLY AS HELL?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Stradlin
01.31.2013 , 04:19 PM | #60
For some incomprehensible reason, there are plenty of people out there perfectly willing to bend over and allow EA print money off them. In doing so, people have spoken though. Community as a whole has voted with their wallets. You can rest assured vast majority of anything that is designed to look cool will always be cash shop exclusive from now on. Maybe Occasionally we get content patches(ones that dont cost 10 dollah) that introduce new gear. I'm sure it will almost always be recolorings of existing models. Everything unique will be put to cash shop.