Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

scrapper dps priority

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
scrapper dps priority

Technohic
01.31.2013 , 01:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
My opener is pretty similar. I disagree about not using your vanish often. If you have an opportunity for a killing blow, you get the killing blow and speed burst to try and not get pulled into combat. Then just re-stealth. If you get pulled into combat, well whatever go back to doing what you were doing. You just got 2 TA's (one from the SF and the other from a killing blow) so use one of your Sucker Punches before going to Blaster Whip...

Also it is important to time your FR dots so that they don't overlap and you'll be able to use a flashbang on the person and the dot won't break it. This will allow you to heal yourself up or put down your big AoE.
I am still leveling my scoundrel, at level 37 so, maybe flechette round will give me enough extra umph, but I find myself requiring a disappearing act then a shoot first in order to finish off someone who has any healing ability. After the opener similar to the one posted here (using vital shot to fill in for FR, and have to directly apply it obviously) I just lack the damage to pressure much or to finish much of anyone off.

Tips are always welcome though. I keep trying to get better at scrapper and hoping FR adds a bit of something. Shoot First was huge when I got it.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

ktkenshinx
01.31.2013 , 02:27 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
My opener is pretty similar. I disagree about not using your vanish often. If you have an opportunity for a killing blow, you get the killing blow and speed burst to try and not get pulled into combat.
In the standard WZ melee (at South Novare node, Civil War mid, Voidstar main door, etc.) it is rarely worth it to use DA to try and burst down one single dude. The exception is if he is a healer keeping the whole group up and he needs to get dropped fast. Otherwise, you just don't need it to burst down another DPS enemy. It is much better to keep DA up as an escape if you get focused, as a staller if you start losing the fight and need to hold a node, or as a mid battle reset to leave the main fight and switch off sneakily to the side.

Now you might be talking about battles away from the main fight. DA is very useful in 1v1s on side nodes (the Voidstar door/civil war turret/novare artillery node with just 1-2 defenders. There, you often need to kill your enemy before reinforcements can come and help. This is especially true on Novare Coast where a solo cap takes longer than just 8 seconds, and you need extra burst to kill a target before his friends show up. But in most cases, I advise not using/relying on DA as additional burst.
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I am still leveling my scoundrel, at level 37 so, maybe flechette round will give me enough extra umph, but I find myself requiring a disappearing act then a shoot first in order to finish off someone who has any healing ability. After the opener similar to the one posted here (using vital shot to fill in for FR, and have to directly apply it obviously) I just lack the damage to pressure much or to finish much of anyone off.

Tips are always welcome though. I keep trying to get better at scrapper and hoping FR adds a bit of something. Shoot First was huge when I got it.
SF is the first big thing you get on the way to 50, a fact that you are appreciating already. But FR is even bigger. The huge internal DOT is nice, but even better is the awesome 30% armor penetration. Without that 30% AP, you just don't have the stopping power to take down enemies. 40-49 are the happiest times for a Scrapper. You can murder almost any target with impunity. 50 is a reality check, but things get better once you get gear.
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---

Technohic
01.31.2013 , 03:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
In the standard WZ melee (at South Novare node, Civil War mid, Voidstar main door, etc.) it is rarely worth it to use DA to try and burst down one single dude. The exception is if he is a healer keeping the whole group up and he needs to get dropped fast. Otherwise, you just don't need it to burst down another DPS enemy. It is much better to keep DA up as an escape if you get focused, as a staller if you start losing the fight and need to hold a node, or as a mid battle reset to leave the main fight and switch off sneakily to the side.

Now you might be talking about battles away from the main fight. DA is very useful in 1v1s on side nodes (the Voidstar door/civil war turret/novare artillery node with just 1-2 defenders. There, you often need to kill your enemy before reinforcements can come and help. This is especially true on Novare Coast where a solo cap takes longer than just 8 seconds, and you need extra burst to kill a target before his friends show up. But in most cases, I advise not using/relying on DA as additional burst.

SF is the first big thing you get on the way to 50, a fact that you are appreciating already. But FR is even bigger. The huge internal DOT is nice, but even better is the awesome 30% armor penetration. Without that 30% AP, you just don't have the stopping power to take down enemies. 40-49 are the happiest times for a Scrapper. You can murder almost any target with impunity. 50 is a reality check, but things get better once you get gear.
Time to power my way to 40. Can't wait.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.