Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ninety Seven Percent

irishfino
01.28.2013 , 11:03 AM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I hope your "soon" is not a developer "soon". It's already been a long wait!
NSP refused to be written after that last piece finishing up the mission on Tatooine. I've finally broken through parts of the NSP writing block, but I can't guarantee constant updates.

And my "soons" are usually within two days. Life not included, of course.

Thanks for reading everyone!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
01.28.2013 , 11:05 AM | #312
Hoth

Hoth was a cold, miserable wasteland of ice, freezing winds, and wind chapped sensitive parts. It didn’t matter how much one wore while on Hoth, it was cold, it was miserable and it was a place of answers for one particular Imperial. Hoth suited him just fine in personality according to some of the lesser members of Imperial society. Plebeians.

Tracking down Cerrill had its share of challenges, but he was ready for them. They both were. They being he and Jaesa. She was with him, of course, following him, ensuring he was okay. She didn’t fully understand what happened to him on Tatooine. He didn’t speak on it. Not much, but it was enough to drive a spike of fear into her heart. She couldn’t shake the feeling that Hoth was the end; of what, she wasn’t sure, but it was an end to something and she couldn’t leave well enough alone. It bothered him on two levels. One level was best left alone, but the other was much more confusing. Really, they both were. They had him absolutely stumped. He liked her, to be sure, but as a friend, which, naturally, stumped him more than his budding romantic feelings for her. And those didn’t make a damn bit of sense either. Focus. Focus on the task at hand. Find Cerrill, find answers, and get the hell off this frostbitten ice ball before going mad from the cold.

As frozen and terrible as this place was, Cerrill was oddly easy to find. She was right at Dorn Base when they landed. It seemed too easy, too convenient, too much like Barnabus making a call while Quinn and Jaesa were en route. Damn that old man. She noticed him right away and smiled in greeting. This surprised him, though it really shouldn’t have and she seemed warm enough. He put himself on high alert and analyzed her movements. She wouldn’t try anything here, not in front of others. She’d want privacy. First step was to get rid of Jaesa. Cerrill walked toward them with a confident gait that made the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. This woman knew something, possibly everything, about him and his past. Things that he might not be able to recover without her. What would she want for that information?

“Jaesa, you are to stay by my side at all times,” Quinn said firmly. “Understood?”

“I had no desire to leave,” Jaesa replied.

“Did you understand or not?”

Jaesa nodded the affirmative then put on her best warm greeting face. Cerrill paid her little mind and that was just as well. It was a little hard to tell at first who she was focusing on, but it was obvious her red orbs were locked on Quinn.

“Malavai Quinn,” Cerrill said in greeting. “It’s been a long time.”

“You must be Cerrill,” Quinn said stiffly.

“I am, yes.”

“Barnabus contact you?”

“I can’t lie to you, Malavai. He did contact me.”

“Captain,” he said firmly, “Quinn.”

“Only Captain? I thought you would be a Moff by now,” Cerrill said with a frown.

“There were complications.”

“Broysc.”

“Among other things I was previously unaware of, yes.”

“And I’m to help with that,” Cerrill said with a smile.

“What’s your price?” he asked suspiciously.

“For you? Nothing, but your company. I’ve missed you, you know. After the facility was shut down, after everyone was dead and gone, it was just me. Just me and my memories. I wanted to contact you when I heard you were on Hoth those years ago, but I – I couldn’t. I wanted to, but my restrictions are very clear and very nearly complete. Until ol’ Barnabus contacted me, of course.” She laughed quietly then turned to Jaesa and offered her hand. “Hello there, you may call me Cerrill.”

Jaesa smiled and shook her hand. A spike of cold wariness shot into her chest, but she ignored it. At least for now.

“Is that your core name?” Jaesa asked curiously.

“You know about core names?” Cerrill asked in astonishment. At Jaesa’s nod, she beamed. “Smart girl. No, it’s not my core name. I am not a traditional Chiss. Neither was my sister, Pemeri.”

Quinn shivered subconsciously. That name put him on edge. He hoped to find out why, find out more of what was done to him.

“I have private quarters if you would like to accompany me,” Cerrill said with a smile. Quinn idly wonder if she always smiled.

“We would yes,” Jaesa replied.

Cerrill focused her eyes on Jaesa, her smile never wavering.

“Come along then. No time like the present!”

Jaesa and Quinn shivered in unison as Cerrill turned and marched away. There was just something so strange about this woman. So, so strange.

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

MilaniGrey
01.28.2013 , 11:10 AM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Jaesa and Quinn shivered in unison as Cerrill turned and marched away. There was just something so strange about this woman. So, so strange.
She's insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane.

... Not that I would know, of course.
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

Jenovan
01.28.2013 , 01:32 PM | #314
Ain't no party like a Chiss party. On Hoth. Possibly with very sharp knives. Looking forward to seeing where this (further) strangeness goes!
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

irishfino
01.31.2013 , 02:46 PM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
She's insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane.

... Not that I would know, of course.
She's about to show a little of her crazy and the man who may or may not control that crazy. Mauhaahaahahaah!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jenovan View Post
Ain't no party like a Chiss party. On Hoth. Possibly with very sharp knives. Looking forward to seeing where this (further) strangeness goes!
It's going to get really weird when we take a trip into Quinn's experiments. So, so weird, lol.

Thanks for reading everyone!!

irishfino
01.31.2013 , 02:47 PM | #316

Cerrill’s quarters were nice enough all things considered, but they weren’t here to admire the décor, they were here to talk about the experiments. And Cerrill was more than happy to provide that information. They sat around a small coffee table and drank tea while they chatted. The tea would provide motion in case of awkward silence. She did know Quinn oddly well.

“As you know, you were the test subject in a set of experiments to create Force sensitives. Had they succeeded, you wouldn’t be the only one like you wandering around,” Cerrill explained. She smiled when Quinn shivered faintly and sipped his tea. “Jadus was the one who ordered the experiments, the death of every staff member who was ever involved, and the end of your torment.”

“What was Baras’ role in all this?” Quinn asked. He sipped his tea again. He didn’t really want to know any of this. His past was best left buried, but the memories, the dreams were escalating in intensity. He could ignore them no longer.

“Baras, as you should know by now, is your biological father. I forget the name of the man you considered your father, but he wasn’t the man your mother married. I remember that much. As for Baras’ intentions, I don’t know much. I do remember overhearing him speaking with Jadus about a Child of the Emperor, but I never cared to find out what that was.”

“A Child of the Emperor is a Force sensitive who is raised in the Emperor’s shadow. They are his eyes and ears wherever they go.” He paused and shivered faintly. He remembered the room of screams, the dark shadows reaching for him, dragging him into darkness and pain.

Cerrill’s eyes narrowed slightly. “How do you know this?”

“The part of me that was sealed away, the experiment, is free now. And he’s controlled.”

“Barnabus?”

“In part. I went on a strange journey that, by all appearances, was real and took two and a half years. In reality, I was unconscious on Tatooine after Barnabus used one of my keywords. This state of unconsciousness lasted two seconds according to Jaesa and Barnabus.”

“And, yet, you remain,” she paused and gestured with her hand, “like this. Weak. Unfulfilled.”

Quinn bristled and felt Jaesa stiffened next to him.

“You may have the answers I seek on my past, but you will not insult me,” Quinn said stiffly.

“You need to be… devolvat,” Cerrill said, completely unfazed by his anger.

“No,” Quinn said fiercely. “Those don’t work on me anymore. Never again.”

“You’ve been reprogrammed?” Cerrill asked calmly.

“You tried to use a keyword?” Jaesa asked incredulously.

“I’ve been ‘unleashed.’ You’d be better served not trying to control me,” he said calmly. Then he spat her name as if it were acid on his tongue. “Cerrill.”

Cerrill smiled warmly. “I was testing something for someone,” she said calmly. “I have to follow his orders.” Her holoterminal beeped. “And he’s calling now. Shall we?”

Quinn and Jaesa stayed seated, both eyeing her warily as she moved from her seat to the holoterminal. She activated it and bowed to the blue image that appeared.

“My Lord,” she said respectfully. “I have found Malavai Quinn. And he has been healed.”

Quinn stood and swiftly walked to the holoterminal. He bowed to the masked figure and reigned in his emotions. He did not want to seem unbalanced. Not in front of him.

“Captain Malavai Quinn,” the figure said evenly. “It has been far too long.”

“I agree, my Lord,” Quinn said.

“Cerrill, take the girl and leave us. We have much to discuss,” the figure ordered.

Cerrill nodded and walked toward the door. Jaesa stood and hesitated, looking to Quinn for confirmation that it was okay to leave his side. He glanced at her from the corner of his eye and nodded. She didn’t want to leave, but the man on holo managed to drop the temperature in the room by five degrees and if Malavai – Captain Quinn said it was okay then it was okay. Right? She left with Cerrill and regretted leaving as soon as the door slid shut and locked.

“I have heard of your recent difficulties regarding the Emperor’s Wrath,” the holo said. “I offer you a chance to leave her service without repercussion.”

“That would suit me just fine, my Lord,” Quinn replied dutifully.

“Then meet me on Dromund Kaas. From there we shall travel to my flagship, the Dominator. Do this and you shall have your answers.”

“As you decree, Lord Jadus.”

Notes:

Spoiler

Vesaniae
01.31.2013 , 03:00 PM | #317
Eeee, Jadus! Eeee, cliffhanger!
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
01.31.2013 , 04:38 PM | #318
Nothing like out of the frying pan and into the fire
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

irishfino
02.10.2013 , 07:01 PM | #319
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
Eeee, Jadus! Eeee, cliffhanger!
Jadus will reappear soon. Sooooon.

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Nothing like out of the frying pan and into the fire
It's a cold fire. Because Jadus is cold. And icy. And... and cold. I don't know where I'm going with this.

Thanks for reading everyone!

irishfino
02.10.2013 , 07:03 PM | #320

Jaesa was fretting. Her journey with him was coming to an end, short though it was, and she was painfully aware of this fact. They left Hoth with a specific purpose: deliver Quinn’s transfer papers, pack his things, and ship him off. She didn’t want to. She knew all about him, his special case, his dreams. She had to be there, right? Someone had to keep an eye on him, why not her?

She started pacing the medbay floor, chewing on the nail of her thumb. She’d already eaten the others to the nubs. She couldn’t help it. Perhaps she could appeal to Syla’s paranoia, let her spy on Jadus or – or something, anything to stay by Quinn’s side. She finally stopped chewing her nails long enough to track Syla down and approach her with her idea.

“That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard,” Syla said dismissively.

“Master, I cannot lie to you. I have an ulterior motive,” Jaesa admittedly quietly.

“I know you do, Jaesa, I’m not stupid.” Syla sighed and set her mug of caf on the table. “That man is not worth it, Jaesa. There are so many others in the Galaxy far more worthy of your attentions and affections.”

A light blush spread across Jaesa’s cheeks. “No one said anything about affections. I just… worry for him. He’s in pain, Master and so few people understand his plight. Please, let me do this.”

“You’re my apprentice. I’m supposed to protect you from things like this. Usually by killing them.”

“You tried that once and couldn’t go through with it,” Jaesa said offhandedly.

“Not making your case here,” Syla said stiffly.

“If you don’t allow me to go, I’ll pout all day, every day, every time I see you.” Jaesa put on her best sad face and stared at Syla unblinkingly.

“Stars, fine,” Syla huffed. “I should have made you be evil. Then I wouldn’t have to put up with this nonsense.”

“You told me I was too adorable to be evil,” Jaesa pouted.

“You are too adorable, but, if you were evil, you could kill Quinn and I’d get to keep you here.”

Jaesa giggled quietly. “Master, you are incredibly silly.”

“I am the Wrath, I am not silly,” Syla replied with a laugh, effectively ruining the effect of her statement.

“So,” Jaesa hedged, “you’ll let me go with him?”

“Have you asked him if you could go?”

“Not yet, I wanted to make sure I could go in case he agreed.”

“Jaesa…”

“I wanted my bases covered. I didn’t want to ask him and he agree only for you to say no. That would likely disappoint him.”

“Nothing would disappoint that man,” Syla replied with a huff.

“Master…”

“Yeah, yeah you like him. Fine, you can go, but I want you reporting in daily. On the holo, none of that quick messaging crap the younger kids do these days.”

“You sound like a mother,” Jaesa giggled.

“You’re my apprentice,” Syla said defensively.

“What if something prevents me from contacting you via holo?”

“Then I’ll board the Dominator, sabers ablaze, demanding your current location.”

“You’re serious.”

“Deadly.”

“Right, I’ll make it a point to holo every day, then. If I can go.”

Notes:

Spoiler