Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Assassin DPS is so low?

david_tm
01.31.2013 , 01:01 AM | #1
I just want devs to answer this question...

What was the reason adding so squishy, weak DPS to the game. I love my Assassin DPS toon, but guildies are not so happy to bring me to EC NMM, cause top DPS on sin as about 1850...

...and I refuse to switch to Marauder cause I love Assassins game style.

Zaxem
01.31.2013 , 01:03 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by david_tm View Post

What was the reason adding so squishy, weak DPS to the game. I love my Assassin DPS toon, but guildies are not so happy to bring me to EC NMM, cause top DPS on sin as about 1850...

assassin dps is just as viable as jugg dps yes they aren't the best but they are still pretty good
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

KettleBelll
01.31.2013 , 01:09 AM | #3
Omg, just wait for it.....

In this thread: Tons of noobs and bads boasting on how leet their dps is and how they pwn everything on their assassin.

LastWizard
01.31.2013 , 01:37 AM | #4
Is this a joke? My dps is around 1975 average for my sin. I've broken 2000 in TFB HM. Running sin dps is the most difficult in game. Maintaining high dps is difficult, but it's fine where it's at.

UcigasRoman
01.31.2013 , 01:41 AM | #5
LastWizard
what spec you use and what gear you have ?
what rotation you use?

david_tm
01.31.2013 , 06:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LastWizard View Post
Is this a joke? My dps is around 1975 average for my sin. I've broken 2000 in TFB HM. Running sin dps is the most difficult in game. Maintaining high dps is difficult, but it's fine where it's at.
please, link your gear, TORParse on ops dummy,
and tell us your preferred rotation

thefishdude
01.31.2013 , 08:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
Omg, just wait for it.....

In this thread: Tons of noobs and bads boasting on how leet their dps is and how they pwn everything on their assassin.
I have my popcorn and drink. I can't wait for the "I'm so OP on my deception sin" post to roll in. Should be fun and entertaining.
Forum Warrior Apprentice

Omophorus
01.31.2013 , 02:56 PM | #8

My Operative would like a word with you, if you want to whine about weak DPS.

I don't deny that Assassin's DPS is a little clunky, but I'd rate it more "average" than "low". It's right in the middle of the pack with most ACs that aren't Operative, Marauder, and Powertech.
Srs'bsns, Conquerer of the Dread Fortress
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"
<Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk

ZenomX
01.31.2013 , 10:45 PM | #9
I cant speak for PVE content like flashpoints/operations but in pvp I find assassin dps to be great.

There burst dmg plus their stuns makes them one of if not the best 1v1 class.

Dierdrea
01.31.2013 , 11:07 PM | #10

Here is a post you guys are "waiting for", not going to "boast I am pwning" or throw out number or anything but just gonna try to help some people out if they read it. I know it can be frustrating to try your best but have your dps be easily beaten by other classes.

Here is a sample on dummy and on a boss in TFB HM 16, you can check for my rotations in log texts.

Assassin dps on madness in raid is quite viable and do quite well. I have played since game release as DPS sin (only 50 toon) and have always been near top of the dps charts. Don't expect to compete with some ranged but don't write yourself off the list either. Gear up properly and practice is the key. There are plenty of posts on this forum to get you there.

Raid dummy self buff

Dreadlords

To OP, I think you should find a new guild. Any guild that thinks they NEED everyone to dummy over 1850 per dps to do EC NiM is doing something wrong. I know plenty of guild that are progressing and doing well with around 1500 dps in EC NiM, which is the kind of dps you should expect most classes to do in EC NiM anyways. Plenty of nice people around so find people you have fun playing with.