Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Noob to Group Flashpoints


mcslack's Avatar


mcslack
01.31.2013 , 10:52 AM | #11
I know where ur coming from. I cant help u with Tank knowledge but I can tell u 2 hang in there. As was said guides/forums/ videos( ive found them all and some r really good). Ask questions. When u hav a bad run and the eleet brain dead basement dwelling mouthbreathing single-cell momas pet goes off on u shake it off and move on.
If u work at it hard it does get better. And when that happens the fun comes back ( geez fun wats that?).

Jazzy_J's Avatar


Jazzy_J
01.31.2013 , 10:54 AM | #12
I want to thank everyone for the great advise and i will take it aboard, i did avoid group matches, heroics and flashpoint which now seems daft so i will start another person and do lower f/p's

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
01.31.2013 , 01:25 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jazzy_J View Post
hi i am a noob to group playing, i am just new to level 50, i keep make silly mistakes and people end up kicking me
Does anyone have any tips or hints ?

cheers guys
Quote: Originally Posted by Jazzy_J View Post
I'm a Vanguard Tank, i do follow the guys where they go and listen to what they say but sometimes it to late and i get killed, then kicked.
I learned to tank by doing the flashpoints as dps, then I moved on to tanking.

The tank usually is the one that everyone waits for to attack and if the tank does not know how to do it the group gets confused.

So, my advice to you is to specc to dps a few runs and get the hang of the gamemecanics and then switch back to tank.

Good luck mate

DarthScruffy's Avatar


DarthScruffy
01.31.2013 , 01:45 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jazzy_J View Post
I'm a Vanguard Tank, i do follow the guys where they go and listen to what they say but sometimes it to late and i get killed, then kicked.
Generally, speaking as a vanguard tank, you are better doing three things. 1) get in an active guild that at the bare minimum does ops on a regular basis (preferably GF missions as well as a whole team), 2) get a dps set for your vanguard to use in GF when you are going solo and 3) that you spend the comms on your tank set.

People are very demanding in the group finder on their tanks. Sometimes there are points you can improve, sometimes dps do weird things and sometimes there are different approaches on how to approach mobs. And if these three things stack up in the right way, wipes can come fast and furiously. The best way to learn to tank is to learn from guildies who tend to be more tolerant.

Mozivicus's Avatar


Mozivicus
01.31.2013 , 01:48 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jazzy_J View Post
hi i am a noob to group playing, i am just new to level 50, i keep make silly mistakes and people end up kicking me
Does anyone have any tips or hints ?

cheers guys
This is exactly the kind of player I want in my guild. Anyone who is humble enough to admit that he is not good at his role (in public) and then sit there and hear the many ways he has to improve AND THEN THANKS EVERYONE for it can join my guild anytime.

OP , what server are you on?

As for your in game issues, there's a lot of good advice in the previous posts. In addition, I would look carefully at your AC tree and make sure you are spec'd properly. There's a lot of utility and survivability to be had from the talents in your skill tree. Also make sure you have tank gear and a shield generator on, and be sure to have ion cell on.

Look through the trooper vanguard forum for an optimal tank build. There's also a subsection in "classes" on the bottom left called "roles". Look in there at the tanking role. Lots of good info there too.

Again, I commend you for actively, and humbly, seeking advice to better your play.
<hats off>

Jazzy_J's Avatar


Jazzy_J
01.31.2013 , 02:05 PM | #16
i am on The Red Eclipes server my player name is Traberry, Once again some great advice & many thanks for the help

DarthScruffy's Avatar


DarthScruffy
01.31.2013 , 02:08 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Mozivicus View Post
This is exactly the kind of player I want in my guild. Anyone who is humble enough to admit that he is not good at his role (in public) and then sit there and hear the many ways he has to improve AND THEN THANKS EVERYONE for it can join my guild anytime.

OP , what server are you on?

As for your in game issues, there's a lot of good advice in the previous posts. In addition, I would look carefully at your AC tree and make sure you are spec'd properly. There's a lot of utility and survivability to be had from the talents in your skill tree. Also make sure you have tank gear and a shield generator on, and be sure to have ion cell on.

Look through the trooper vanguard forum for an optimal tank build. There's also a subsection in "classes" on the bottom left called "roles". Look in there at the tanking role. Lots of good info there too.

Again, I commend you for actively, and humbly, seeking advice to better your play.
<hats off>
I agree most guilds wouldn't have an issue. Also, keep in mind that you're going to have strengths and weaknesses because there are lots of moving parts. Guildies learn to play around each other's blind spots. People grinding HM FPs on their 3rd alt are going to have less patience.