Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Allow us to opt out of certain WZ!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Allow us to opt out of certain WZ!

Master_Nate
01.30.2013 , 12:48 PM | #11
Even though it's not the main topic of your thread, you do mention it in your OP. I'd love to select whether or not I play both factions or just the opposing one.

As for selecting certain warzones to exclude from the Q...I don't see that working well until they add more maps. If they were to do that then I could see this working. I don't see it working out very well until then though honestly.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

Kyanzes
01.30.2013 , 02:56 PM | #12
I'd be happy to leave Hutt Ball for others. I'd rather opt out.

foxmob
01.30.2013 , 04:41 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LastWizard View Post
I think most people would play the original 3 more. Especially voidstar.
ugh. smashstar. I loathe that...not being a smasher or bubbler. rather get into more open areas.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
dealing over 50% of a target's health in a single GCD is just insipid in terms of quality of gaming experience.

Ramtar
01.30.2013 , 04:51 PM | #14
that is what the Leave Warzone button is for.

nogoer
01.31.2013 , 12:49 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by oslek View Post
So for the players that get bored with it, they can just check off for every Warxzone. I'm still waiting for a good reason not to implement this.
Here's your reason and it's the same one that also affects my gameplay. If the majority of people queing when im playing are all opting for a few specific warzones and i don't prefer any of them then i'm affected because i keep having to play the ones i dont like or i never get to play because i picked WZs that never pop. What you will undoubtedly end up with is a reduced set of warzones based on the current likes/dislikes of the people queing. This is EVERYONE having to defer to the wants of some, even if it is the majority at that time due to the selected zones they want to play.

Let me put it this way. If you like to play at say, 8pm on Monday night and we now all have this option to opt out of certain WZs and the crowd at 8pm Monday seriously enjoys huttball and only selects that one are you prepared to always play it? All of you asking for this option need to be prepared for that possibility. Just because you don't see huttball as a popular zone doesn't mean it isn't and you better be prepared to end up deferring to the majority or not playing at all.

So you can have your opt out and the issues with it or you can have it random, deal with occasional huttball and never have to worry about getting into WZs. Maybe BW just needs to do some tweaking to the randomizer engine or stop making it random and have it a rotation instead so you never do the same map twice in a row.