Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Zabuza's PvP tanking encyclopedia

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Zabuza's PvP tanking encyclopedia

NamikazeNaruto
01.29.2013 , 11:14 AM | #11
A new bonus section has been added if anyone was interested in seeing how a tank shadow in the relatively new 22/17/2 spec stacks up against a tank guardian.

leijae
01.29.2013 , 12:38 PM | #12
great stuff zab
Imp: <Falcon Punch> Bottom of the top tier PvP
........<Public Enemies>
Pub: <Fight>
........<Video Game Loft>

XakTsaroth
01.29.2013 , 01:17 PM | #13
Freezing Force and Awe can be real difference makers in a wz such as Voidstar. Get in tunnel and spam it to keep the enemy dragging behind your capper. So many uses. Enure is icing on the cake but it is pretty cool that they have that, can't be mad even if a little jealous.
Xak Tsaroth
He who teaches also learns...

ComputerSaidNo
01.30.2013 , 09:56 AM | #14
Nice guide Zab, well put together. I liked the section comparing shadow tanks to guardian tanks. The only thing I would comment on is

Quote:
Slow Time. This skill is so amazing, that this alone is what makes this spec a close second to 22/17/2. Slowing up to 5 enemies by 30% and reducing their damage done by 5% per person that it hits. So if it hits the maximum of 5 dps they will be doing 25% less damage altogether to the people they are attacking. Also each time you use Slow Time you get a Harnessed Shadows proc.
They are still only doing 5% less damage. If 5 players each deal 100 damage (total 500) before slow time. After slow time they are each doing 95 damage (475 total). The total loss is still only 5%.
R E D E K

NamikazeNaruto
01.30.2013 , 10:11 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ComputerSaidNo View Post
Nice guide Zab, well put together. I liked the section comparing shadow tanks to guardian tanks. The only thing I would comment on is

They are still only doing 5% less damage. If 5 players each deal 100 damage (total 500) before slow time. After slow time they are each doing 95 damage (475 total). The total loss is still only 5%.
Hmm, I suppose you are correct. :P

Nathrin
01.30.2013 , 10:28 AM | #16
Just curious as to why you stop at 30% Def? Does the DR on stats just kick in too much so the points are better spent elsewhere for larger gains?

Thanks
Nathrin, Jedi Shadow - Member of <Trilogy>, The Harbringer
Victory is just a prelude to another battle.

NamikazeNaruto
01.30.2013 , 10:57 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Nathrin View Post
Just curious as to why you stop at 30% Def? Does the DR on stats just kick in too much so the points are better spent elsewhere for larger gains?

Thanks
Yep, that's pretty much the reason.

Yodawizard
01.31.2013 , 12:33 PM | #18
Now that I have been getting closer to min/maxed EWH survivor gear on my sin tank I have been contemplating what expertise to shoot for and have been having a hard time deciding. I think I really need to parse some logs for a decent comparison to be made between removing a few expertise armorings for force wielder 27 armorings.

I am not at my gaming machine right now but I believe the difference between 1200 and 1380 expertise is about 2%. 2.5% over a warzone, lets take a high amount of dmg you are taking since you are guarding focus targets lets say 500k dmg taken. That would basically be a dmg mitigation of 10k - 12.5k over an entire warzone.

The question would be, is having an extra 2k - 2.5k health (color crystals - end and 2 armorings) helpful to give healers time to heal through burst of smash / focus fire etc. Not to mention everytime you hit overcharge saber you would get an extra 200-250 health since it is a 10% heal, over a warzone that probably won't make up for the 10k lost but I think it might help with the burst ability of smash etc.

Just a thought on what stat would be more useful past 1200 expertise, still need to test out both to see the difference.

NamikazeNaruto
01.31.2013 , 12:40 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Yodawizard View Post
Now that I have been getting closer to min/maxed EWH survivor gear on my sin tank I have been contemplating what expertise to shoot for and have been having a hard time deciding. I think I really need to parse some logs for a decent comparison to be made between removing a few expertise armorings for force wielder 27 armorings.

I am not at my gaming machine right now but I believe the difference between 1200 and 1380 expertise is about 2%. 2.5% over a warzone, lets take a high amount of dmg you are taking since you are guarding focus targets lets say 500k dmg taken. That would basically be a dmg mitigation of 10k - 12.5k over an entire warzone.

The question would be, is having an extra 2k - 2.5k health (color crystals - end and 2 armorings) helpful to give healers time to heal through burst of smash / focus fire etc. Not to mention everytime you hit overcharge saber you would get an extra 200-250 health since it is a 10% heal, over a warzone that probably won't make up for the 10k lost but I think it might help with the burst ability of smash etc.

Just a thought on what stat would be more useful past 1200 expertise, still need to test out both to see the difference.
Here's the thing though. The damage mitigation is not the only factor that comes into play. By giving yourself less expertise but a higher health pool, you are actually stressing the healers more to keep you alive. You've made your health pool larger, and reduced your damage mitigation. On top of that, the more expertise you have the more your allies heals will hit you for.

EatenByDistance
01.31.2013 , 12:42 PM | #20
strongly advise running 31/1/9 over 31/0/10 in pretty much every scenario.

I also would run no crit at all in a Kinetic dps build. Just go for pure power/surge. I'd also ditch all accuracy in 31/1/9. Crit chance is inconsequential on the multiple ticks of Force Lightning and Shock is only used on proc in 23/1/17 anyways.
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Celsus
Nobody will get banned. Being a sub is like being white in the 60's, you're untouchable.