Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Beginner's Operative tips

Cryowolf
01.30.2013 , 04:32 PM | #11
Go do pve missions until you are 36-40 for concealment or 30 for lethality/heals, then go back to pvp. That will save you a lot of frustration, I promise.
Raisins--Scoundrel--The Harbinger

chaosmadness
01.31.2013 , 09:04 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cryowolf View Post
Go do pve missions until you are 36-40 for concealment or 30 for lethality/heals, then go back to pvp. That will save you a lot of frustration, I promise.
Its a good advice and i understant the point, but i cant lv up another char doing the same world missions by the fourth time :/ This time, warzones and class missions only

The main objective of lvling an Agent is only to complete all Imperial class stories

randiesel
02.03.2013 , 04:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cryowolf View Post
I have to agree with this a lot. Concealment doesn't even start to shine until 36, and Lethality obviously at 30.

However, doesn't mean you can't be effective. I've done plenty of warzones pre-36 as a scrapper and conceal, just you're not optimal until you get Hidden Strike.

Smashers, pyos and sorcs are probably going to give you somewhat of a hard time, but the ones who will lock you down are other conceal ops. For some reason, there is this undying conflict among conceal ops and they go head to head all the time (seen it in other MMOs too) and if they have HS, they will lock you down without you being able to do much about it. Those are the warzones you bite the bullet and just do as good as you can.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

AngelofCain
02.03.2013 , 04:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by randiesel View Post
I have to agree with this a lot. Concealment doesn't even start to shine until 36, and Lethality obviously at 30.

However, doesn't mean you can't be effective. I've done plenty of warzones pre-36 as a scrapper and conceal, just you're not optimal until you get Hidden Strike.

Smashers, pyos and sorcs are probably going to give you somewhat of a hard time, but the ones who will lock you down are other conceal ops. For some reason, there is this undying conflict among conceal ops and they go head to head all the time (seen it in other MMOs too) and if they have HS, they will lock you down without you being able to do much about it. Those are the warzones you bite the bullet and just do as good as you can.
even in 50 pvp. those op's always try to gang up on me.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

randiesel
02.03.2013 , 05:14 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelofCain View Post
Hehe, dude I get stalked all the time. Like, not just once to say "hey, I gotcha, your *** is mine" but all warzone long when they should be playing objectives/killing healers. I eventually get them back.

On a similar note, not looking forward to seeing you in a warzone on Back-fire while I'm gearing up. I'll just suck it up and hope I don't get wrecked by the stabby-stabby.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

ktkenshinx
02.03.2013 , 05:18 PM | #16
Ops and Scrappers HATE each other. I don't know what it is about this AC, but whenever two of them meet, they spend most of the WZ trying to kill each other. It's some combination of ego, competitiveness, scarcity of the class, etc. But for whatever reasons, it's always a bit annoying. This can be particularly problematic if one of them is trying to stay on a more important target (an enemy healer) while some vindictive Op/Scrap is just wailing on him whenever he appears out of stealth. Or worse: Ops that just wait for you to appear and exclusively target you.

The trick is to just ignore the enemy Op whenever possible and stay on your objective. If an enemy Op starts to focus your healer, you should probably go deal with it, but otherwise just let them do their own thing and you will be helping your own team more.
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---

randiesel
02.03.2013 , 05:26 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
Ops and Scrappers HATE each other. I don't know what it is about this AC, but whenever two of them meet, they spend most of the WZ trying to kill each other. It's some combination of ego, competitiveness, scarcity of the class, etc. But for whatever reasons, it's always a bit annoying. This can be particularly problematic if one of them is trying to stay on a more important target (an enemy healer) while some vindictive Op/Scrap is just wailing on him whenever he appears out of stealth. Or worse: Ops that just wait for you to appear and exclusively target you.

The trick is to just ignore the enemy Op whenever possible and stay on your objective. If an enemy Op starts to focus your healer, you should probably go deal with it, but otherwise just let them do their own thing and you will be helping your own team more.
I couldn't agree more with the analysis and resulting conclusion. And when you think about it, an equally geared and skilled matchup all relies around whoever got the opener and whoever actually crit more/higher. Luck, if you will. Epeen/bragging rights I guess are what get some people off.

The only times I've found a mirror fight, completely 1v1, to be anything beyond that are when I can tell that I am severly outgeared (by looks or by the HP of the opposing player). Those are the times it is satisfying, other than that its annoying. Like I hit 50 yesterday morning, picked up WH shotgun, 2 pc Tionese for BB bonus and rest Recruit gear and was able to take out some WH ops I saw. Got some enjoyment outta that, even though by chance I got the opener. A 6k opener on their part would've turned that around completely, though...
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

AngelofCain
02.03.2013 , 06:11 PM | #18
I couldn't agree more with the analysis and resulting conclusion. And when you think about it, an equally geared and skilled matchup all relies around whoever got the opener and whoever actually crit more/higher. Luck, if you will. Epeen/bragging rights I guess are what get some people off.

The only times I've found a mirror fight, completely 1v1, to be anything beyond that are when I can tell that I am severly outgeared (by looks or by the HP of the opposing player). Those are the times it is satisfying, other than that its annoying. Like I hit 50 yesterday morning, picked up WH shotgun, 2 pc Tionese for BB bonus and rest Recruit gear and was able to take out some WH ops I saw. Got some enjoyment outta that, even though by chance I got the opener. A 6k opener on their part would've turned that around completely, though...
who hits 6k on a op or scrap... oh.. right me http://i.imgur.com/30H0SzT.jpg >. never the less... DIsregard op attacking you kill healer, or target.

AngelofCain
02.03.2013 , 06:13 PM | #19
Hehe, dude I get stalked all the time. Like, not just once to say "hey, I gotcha, your *** is mine" but all warzone long when they should be playing objectives/killing healers. I eventually get them back.

On a similar note, not looking forward to seeing you in a warzone on Back-fire while I'm gearing up. I'll just suck it up and hope I don't get wrecked by the stabby-stabby.
awww my other nickname stabby stab. LOL!!!! Just watch out for the bone white devil Operative and you should be fine.

randiesel
02.03.2013 , 06:23 PM | #20
who hits 6k on a op or scrap... oh.. right me http://i.imgur.com/30H0SzT.jpg >. never the less... DIsregard op attacking you kill healer, or target.
Omg Hallow, you hit so low. I totally beat you out by a long shot.

I'm just being a jerk, like usual =P.

But remember I was telling you about that dude who hit for over 7k+ recently? I think it's a bug.

I got a 6250 last night, first night at 50 on my crapper (pun intended) and I totally didn't hit that hard. The number I saw when I got the 5k medal was like 2500. I think it counted the hit twice, but the dude's health bar didn't go down far enough so I know it was a bug. Highest I've hit since then in my gimp gear is 4100. I can't see a 7k scrapper in these dismal times.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops