Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to buy more Cartel Coins
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sauin
01.30.2013 , 11:00 AM | #151
phoned the CS team after making an in-game ticket (20 min wait) got the blurb about MY bank having imposed some kind of block on international transactions due to making to many purchases (23 since start of November)

Spent my lunch break today in the main bank branch talking to my Adviser.

My bank has never heard of such a policy as described but we contacted the various departments to check my account - Fraud, Transactions, International Transactions, Cards & Accounts - No-one has had heard of a policy and there are NO flags/blocks/notes on my account.

Transactions also checked and confirmed no transactions had been refused or blocked which Indicates EA/Bioware are not even contacting my bank to make the purchase request when I receive the error message!

Bioware/EA needs to redesign their CS script as it is obviously incorrect, admit faults when they exist, seek to correct and let us spend our money with your company!

As yet still unable to buy cartel coins as the CS agent told me to clear the block flags (which don't exist) with my bank and wait 24 hours
"I was gonna pwn the galaxy tonight, but I took a patch in the knee "

IngeDanielsen
01.30.2013 , 01:43 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Sauin View Post
phoned the CS team after making an in-game ticket (20 min wait) got the blurb about MY bank having imposed some kind of block on international transactions due to making to many purchases (23 since start of November)

Spent my lunch break today in the main bank branch talking to my Adviser.

My bank has never heard of such a policy as described but we contacted the various departments to check my account - Fraud, Transactions, International Transactions, Cards & Accounts - No-one has had heard of a policy and there are NO flags/blocks/notes on my account.

Transactions also checked and confirmed no transactions had been refused or blocked which Indicates EA/Bioware are not even contacting my bank to make the purchase request when I receive the error message!

Bioware/EA needs to redesign their CS script as it is obviously incorrect, admit faults when they exist, seek to correct and let us spend our money with your company!

As yet still unable to buy cartel coins as the CS agent told me to clear the block flags (which don't exist) with my bank and wait 24 hours

My bank gave me the same answer as your bank.

lordmazley
01.30.2013 , 02:34 PM | #153
It seems like the roll of the dice on who you get. I got a really helpful guy who added the card for me and i was able to use the market. Now I still can't use my own MC or AMEX. But hey it's a damn start

Flamefigure
01.30.2013 , 05:02 PM | #154
Hello Bioware. I havent been able to buy your cartel coins since december 30 2012 calling your customer support is not an option for me since I live in Sweden and the cost for the call giving the long wait times ive read about in this thread 1-3 hours of waiting for 1-2 hours of nonsense would result in a bill of over 3000SEK which is the swedish money and that is around 450USD. Now I would like to spend that money on other stuff like the new expansion more gametime and some cartel coins but I cant.

I have done everything you suggest I do in the starting post except calling but as stated in my post its not an option for me. I have no interest in spending the same amount on skype credit because its not worth my time. If you guys and girls cant fix this problem or get the person in charge to fix the problem Ill break my cds put them in a letter saying this is what you get **** YOU and mail them to you and then delete my account and uninstall the game when my gametime is over.

YOU HAVE 13 DAYS LEFT. Counting starts now.

Amadahy
01.30.2013 , 05:29 PM | #155
I am having this issue as well and it is incredibly frustrating.

I was able to purchase Cartel Coins on January 25th without issue. When I tried again, 48 hours later, is when I got the NU error.

Out of worry that something may be wrong with my card I contacted my bank, and there was no issue. In fact, so I could test it out, I tried upgrading my game to the Digital edition and, what do you know, it worked perfectly.

I have since tried to purchase more coins but no luck. I am rather hesitant to contact customer support after reading all of the issues others are having. I simply do not have time for the run around, and there is NO way I will send a photo I.D.

Furthermore, I do not understand why I was able to upgrade to a Digital Pack without issue, but Cartel Coins are no go. Obviously my card works, and there is no issue with my bank, if I was able to purchase a Digital Pack.

nicosand
01.30.2013 , 08:54 PM | #156
get ur *** back to the front page thread.

Sauin
01.31.2013 , 01:39 AM | #157
Credit where it's due had an unexpected call back from CS earlier asking for more information and confirmation of card/ID details so she could look into my issue further
hopefully they find the problem for me

so far only had to put in two tickets for two issues since launch and both times CS has been very good.
"I was gonna pwn the galaxy tonight, but I took a patch in the knee "

firestarter
01.31.2013 , 01:58 AM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Sauin View Post
Credit where it's due had an unexpected call back from CS earlier asking for more information and confirmation of card/ID details so she could look into my issue further
hopefully they find the problem for me

so far only had to put in two tickets for two issues since launch and both times CS has been very good.
Oh rly. So far ive posted several times in the old 2000+ thread and wrote them at least 4 or 5 mails.
Last time I wrote them a mail ( page 10 in this thread) I got a reply. Please judge for yourself.
What would you think when you get such a reply.

Here is my original text:
Quote:
Dear Customer Service!

Once again I contact you cause im having the problem of not being able to buy any cartel coins FOR 2 MONTH NOW due to your malfunctioning website (error nu2001).

So how do we proceed with this?
Let me say it once again like I did in my previous posts you choose to ignore.

I will not call you. I simply wont. I dont have the time to wait for hours in line to maybe speak to an assistant who maybe can solve this problem for me if the sytem intends to maybe be funtional.

I will not call billing department cause they are only available at 2am my time and I have to go to work at 5am only to get this solved for you and to give you my money.
I will NOT and NEVER EVER send my ID via mail - ever!

So again how do we proceed with this?

Let me tell you how.

You contact me via mail stating the intention of calling me on my cell phone or skype....I dont care...and request my contact number.

Ill give you my skype number and you call me when Im available.

Do that and I will gladly spend huge numers of Euros on things in the cartel market.

Dont do anything and lose a costomer.

It´s that easy. You decide.
And here is the answer I got:

Quote:
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Star Wars: The Old Republic Account.

In order to better protect your account, all Billing, Subscription and Account Security issues are dealt with via our Customer Service telephone support.You can contact our Customer Service team over the phone for the price of a local call by calling the numbers listed below:

• USA: (312)725-5740,
• UK: (020) 356 45 481
• Germany: (069) 99 991 5590 (Phone support available from 13.00 CET - 01.00 CET)
• France: (0157) 324 728 (Phone support available from 13.00 CET - 01.00 CET)

Please note: Calls made from landlines are local-rate, while those made from mobile devices may be subject to additional charges from your provider.

If you’re calling from a country that is not listed above or if you would like to learn more about VoIP services such as Skype, Viber, Google Voice etc, please see this FAQ: www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5200. International calls made using VoIP are generally substantially less expensive than calls made from a mobile phone or landline.

Customer support will be provided in English, French, and German only.

You can also avail of our self-help section on the website which contains many articles which can provide you with further information on our most frequently asked questions. For Account and Billing enquiries, you can visit our Help Center here:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1863.

If you have any questions relating to our Free To Play option, you can view them in our Help Center here:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused. Should you require further assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Protocol Droid M0-T0,
Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service
I mean really.

I´m thankful that CS restored several characters for me and renamed them when I couldn´t but their approach in this topic is so shameful I cant hardly say in English cause I dont know the fitting terms.
The Red Eclipse

Sarlena- Madness Sorceress

Exiluminator - Pyro Powertech

DarthSmokealot
01.31.2013 , 04:30 AM | #159
if you really want this sorting then you should contact SW:tor customer services via skype , i did post it in the previous thread , before it was closed down , but there was soo many responses , i doubt half of you even read the thread , you just jump in an ***** an moan , which i did too , but i ACTUALLY wanted to get mine fixed an not ***** an moan for some free stuff,

my issues were ALL resolved in under 20 minutes on SKYPE , but you dont really want to fix it or you would have already , but maybe you will have more incentive when your sub is stopped ? which it will be if your card is refused , as mine was ,

FOR THE LAST TIME , IF YOU WANT TO FIX IT ---> RING THEM ON SKYPE , or alternatively , you could just continue moaning an whining that it isnt being fixed by them , yet until you contact them an directly ask them to sort your account , IT WONT BE SORTED ,

contact number for sw:tor customer services is in the expected place , if you cant find it , its no wonder your still in here moaning about everything

some things you have to fix yourself , or put up with them as they are
Urrrggghhh Hurrrgghhh Hurgh Cough .......... The Force Is Strong With This One

Flamefigure
01.31.2013 , 04:39 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSmokealot View Post
if you really want this sorting then you should contact SW:tor customer services via skype , i did post it in the previous thread , before it was closed down , but there was soo many responses , i doubt half of you even read the thread , you just jump in an ***** an moan , which i did too , but i ACTUALLY wanted to get mine fixed an not ***** an moan for some free stuff,

my issues were ALL resolved in under 20 minutes on SKYPE , but you dont really want to fix it or you would have already , but maybe you will have more incentive when your sub is stopped ? which it will be if your card is refused , as mine was ,

FOR THE LAST TIME , IF YOU WANT TO FIX IT ---> RING THEM ON SKYPE , or alternatively , you could just continue moaning an whining that it isnt being fixed by them , yet until you contact them an directly ask them to sort your account , IT WONT BE SORTED ,

contact number for sw:tor customer services is in the expected place , if you cant find it , its no wonder your still in here moaning about everything

some things you have to fix yourself , or put up with them as they are
Problems on their end should not need players in order to be fixed seriously. The customer support is lacking on so many levels in this company when you compare them to others and a few comes to mind tbh.