Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Random Emotional Dialogue on Corellia

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Random Emotional Dialogue on Corellia

WE_Belisarius
01.29.2013 , 08:21 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
The other is on Empire side and it involves some grunt chastising an officer for using more than his share of water rations. The officer is all pompous and indignant and goes on about how the heat makes him sweat and says, "I'm willing to compromise, but NOT when it comes to personal hygiene!"
If I remember correctly this officer is voiced by TotalBiscuit, a pretty famous guy on Youtube, if you don´t know him.

Such andom conversation can also appear in some class stories. In the Bounty Hunter story on Alderaan, you can hear some nobles chat about, that "the Empire was supposed to keep such scum away".

DarthVitrial
01.29.2013 , 08:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Harlequintwo View Post
One of my favourites, apart from the Bounty Hunter-to-Mark chat is another one on Nar Shaddaa where an Astromech is trying to convince a Protocol Droid to join the rebellion. It goes something vaguely like this:

Astromech: [Come with me! Kill you master and join the rebellion!]
Master: What did he say?
Protocol: Oh nothing Master, just saying how nice this day is.

It also links in well with a Flashpoint you do much later. As for the one on Corellia, I heard it 6 months into the game and actually did think that it's incredibly deep in contrast to what I've heard before. Hell, the quest where you choose to activate the special weapon against the passengers on the tram can lead to a very emotional cutscene.
Actually, it's closer to:
Astromech: [Noisy Organic = threat. //recommend accident.]
Master: What did he say?
Protocol: Nothing subversive, Master. Why don't we take a walk?

bright_ephemera
01.29.2013 , 08:36 PM | #13
Not exactly deeply emotional, but Imperial Belsavis has some brilliantly characteristic exchanges. From a pair of scientists at the HighSec Command Post:

SCIENTIST 1: These experiments the Republic's been conducting - xenophobia, genocidal conditioning...I can hardly believe it.
SCIENTIST 2: I know. It's ghastly, unethical...
SCIENTIST 1: You know I had this same idea years ago.
SCIENTIST 2: You--wait, what?
SCIENTIST 1: Yes. I didn't have the backing or the resources to pursue it, but the hypotheses were there. Never imagined the Republic would beat me to it. Didn't think they had it in them.
SCIENTIST 2: ...

I have always adored BioWare's ambient chatter, both companion banter and environmental stuff. It is such a great way to inject flavor.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

dewayne
01.29.2013 , 11:00 PM | #14
not emotional only ran across this once. but if your trooper on ord mantel. run around the building that you get missions from. i did it just for fun one day. but guys standing next to a wall.

soldier 1: you think im havoc material.
soldier 2. no stop dreaming and do your job

or something to that affect
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

Striges
01.30.2013 , 08:40 PM | #15
My personal favorite is Imperial Belsavis, on the second level in a tent near the bank. I get disappointed when I can't trigger this one. Not emotional, except the Imperial's ridiculously gleeful last line. The voice actors really make it:

Imperial: Next! And you are?
Prisoner: Kateo.
Imperial: Let's see...ah, here you are. "Killer" Kateo. Butchered an entire Republic squad with...a shiv?
Prisoner: That's me.
Imperial: Someone get this man a blaster! Welcome to the Imperial Army, Kateo. And if you should need something say, dull or rusty, just let us know.

Actually, all of Imperial Belsavis has great flavor text.

Mercurial_Harpy
01.30.2013 , 09:12 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Imperial: Let's see...ah, here you are. "Killer" Kateo. Butchered an entire Republic squad with...a shiv?
Imperial: Someone get this man a blaster! Welcome to the Imperial Army, Kateo. And if you should need something say, dull or rusty, just let us know.
Hands down one of my favorite. I make a point to stand and listen to it when I bring my alts to Belsavis.

Also the IA quest has an "arrow to the knee" reference at the end of the prologue in headquarters. You end up speaking to one of the "Fixers" that hangs around Keeper. He says something like. "I used to be a field agent like you, until I took a light-saber to the chest..." Still pretty funny.

Also, there's a conversation in the Imperial Base on Hoth between two officers, where one is contemplating flirting with one of the Chiss females because they are "Exotic." His buddy tells him to expect a knife in the back, lol. He's probably not wrong.

Side note: Chiss speaking Huttese is just...wrong.

~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~

Darth_Vicente
01.30.2013 , 10:44 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
My personal favorite is Imperial Balmorra, on the second level in a tent near the bank. I get disappointed when I can't trigger this one. Not emotional, except the Imperial's ridiculously gleeful last line. The voice actors really make it:

Actually, all of Imperial Balmorra has great flavor text.
That's Belsavis, actually, but yes. Good one.

I like on Nar Shaddaa (Imperial hangar area) (Paraphrased) :

Soldier 1: The Hutts are horrible! The things I hear they do to the Evocii.

Soldier 2: Have you ever MET an Evocii. They bloody deserve it if you ask me.

Soldier 1: That's cold.

Soldier 2: Go meet one. Then you can talk. Fifty credits says you end up shoving it in a gutter. Laughing.
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Näeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

happysister
01.31.2013 , 10:47 AM | #18
i remember back when the Rakghoul event was active, on Tattooine in Anchorhead there was a guy pleading with a containment officer to see his wife who had been quarantined due to a rakghoul bite. i don't remember the exact dialogue, but i felt really sorry for that man. props to the voice actors there.

and not only do they have great flavor dialogue, but i love it when they add npc scenes for the events. remember during the Rakghoul event, if you went to your ship's hangar while infected, some containment officers would swoop down and attack you? for the Chevin event, the first couple days, right near the Republic spaceport taxi, there were a couple gangs that looked like they were about to get in a fight with each other. a few days later in that same spot, there were a bunch of dead and injured guys laying around with some security officers trying to get the story of what happened. they had scenes like that everywhere during that event.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic

Striges
01.31.2013 , 11:25 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vicente View Post
That's Belsavis, actually, but yes. Good one.
You are absolutely correct. Edited. Thank you