Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thunder blast

Jayshames
01.28.2013 , 08:26 AM | #21
Seems like sorcs were created purely for low level PvE, with a few of their abilitys stunning weak/standard mobs that's about their only good attribute.

Light armour
Squishy as hell
Poor DPS
Boring abilitys
1 Defensive ability. lol.

I don't get why a class like marauder gets self healing, tons of defensive cooldowns AND one of the highest DPS. Not to mention they also get abilitys like predation to give group buffs. Oh, and gap closers.
SCOTLAND

Quantemoq
01.28.2013 , 11:12 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
Seems like sorcs were created purely for low level PvE, with a few of their abilitys stunning weak/standard mobs that's about their only good attribute.

Light armour
Squishy as hell
Poor DPS
Boring abilitys
1 Defensive ability. lol.

I don't get why a class like marauder gets self healing, tons of defensive cooldowns AND one of the highest DPS. Not to mention they also get abilitys like predation to give group buffs. Oh, and gap closers.
well even though there is not question that lighting sorc <marauder. i would not throw all marauder abilities from each tree together in the comparison.

1: 90% of all dangerous pvp marauders are rage. (so no self healing )
2: as rage spec, marauders suffer greatly from active predation (because during predation they cannot get any berserk stacks . aka their rage and shockwave supply is reduces significantly)

warstory
01.28.2013 , 12:45 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rincewend View Post
As a Lighting Sorc since beta I would like to see something done. I can keep up in the ops group for DPS, normally because I have been playing longer my gear is almost completely min/maxed. But TB was a total let down as a hit. it's a 100% Crit chance with affection up on target, but it hits 3.5k to lower 4k max. I never have to worry about pulling agro, I don't hit that hard. I do see the reasoning why we wear light armor, have long cast times, set-ups and the weakest hits. TB is a single target hit, yet it hits lighter than most AOE's. And let's not even talk about lighting storm as a AOE, Channeled and such a light hit in it's own right.
I came at launch I didnt play sorc till 6 months in so my question is didnt anyone say anything in beta about the lightning spec ? cause after playing it for a good while I cant see how the class made it out of beta in this state, let alone more than a year later.

Chemic_al
01.28.2013 , 04:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Quantemoq View Post
1: 90% of all dangerous pvp marauders are rage. (so no self healing )
Meh, *any* marauder played well is dangerous. All 3 specs have the means to flatten a sorc quickly.

wwkingms
01.28.2013 , 10:14 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Meh, *any* marauder played well is dangerous. All 3 specs have the means to flatten a sorc quickly.
i beat good marauders regularly on my hybrid sorc 4/19/18

ive never tried full madness vs them

its powertechs that fk me over
NIHIL

THE BASTION

paowee
01.30.2013 , 04:41 PM | #26
A more ample name for it could be:

Thundering Splat.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
01.30.2013 , 04:43 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
one of the highest DPS.
They are a PURE DPS Class. Meaning all they can do is DPS. Meaning they can not heal nor tank. Makes sense for them to be a high dmg DPS class since DPS is the only thing they can do.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Quantemoq
02.06.2013 , 12:07 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
They are a PURE DPS Class. Meaning all they can do is DPS. Meaning they can not heal nor tank. Makes sense for them to be a high dmg DPS class since DPS is the only thing they can do.
are we really back there again?

a marauder has 3 dps options and jugg has 2 dps options and one tank option and is squishier then a marauder when he is in a dps spec.
so haveing a tank/heal option is not the same has beeing a tank/healer.