Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Juggernaut or Vanguard?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Juggernaut or Vanguard?

Popdog
02.24.2012 , 11:14 AM | #1
Pretty self-explanatory. I've played both of the classes a bit, and I was leaning towards the Juggernaut until I started checking out the forums. The role I enjoy most in any MMO is tanking, so which of the two would you all recommend, having seen them both perform in-game.
Popdog

mikesellr
01.30.2013 , 11:05 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Popdog View Post
Pretty self-explanatory. I've played both of the classes a bit, and I was leaning towards the Juggernaut until I started checking out the forums. The role I enjoy most in any MMO is tanking, so which of the two would you all recommend, having seen them both perform in-game.
I personally see a lot more juggernauts than vanguard but I have had better luck with vanguards. I actually play a shadow tank and a guild member runs a vanguard and he does very well. Personally I think the Juggernaut seems simpler for tanking than the vanguard but that is just me.

WooduckAUS
01.30.2013 , 03:58 PM | #3
I had a shadow tank, i then turned him into dps and rolled a Guardian/Jugg. Really enjoy the challenge associated with tanking "properly" with Guardian/Jugg. Tanking trash properly is a lot more challenging with no AOE's. They also seem like the hardest of the tanks to hold aggro against top end dps.

I don't have a vanguard, but have worked with a lot of people who have. Looks to me that a vanguard is a bit easier to play with. Big lump of lead with a TONNE of armour and hp. Tonnes of aoe's to control mobs etc.

Both are capable of all the endgame content, but have VERY different playstyles. Pick the one that suits you best and get in there and tank up a storm!!

This is my experience, hope it helps.

bbare
01.30.2013 , 04:23 PM | #4
The OP posted this back in Feburary, I think he's made up his mind already.
The Vanity Legacy

WooduckAUS
01.30.2013 , 04:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
The OP posted this back in Feburary, I think he's made up his mind already.
LOL, that would explain why this is the first i have seen of this..... I wonder how he ended up?

Van or Jugg.........

Maybe he will drop us a line and let us know perhaps?